B.Sc Hons Chemistry is an undergraduate Chemistry course. Chemistry is the branch of the science that deals with the composition, structure, properties, and reactions of matter, on the basis of the molecular systems. The candidates learn theories of chemistry and its branches like physical chemistry, environmental chemistry, inorganic and organic chemistry, etc. The duration of the course is three years and the complete syllabus of the program is divided into six semesters. This course is job oriented in nature.
B.Sc Hons Chemistry Eligibility
- Those candidates who have passed their Intermediate or H.S.C. (12th class) examination from a recognized Board in science stream are eligible for the course.
- The percentage criteria may vary depending upon the institutes. Generally, Students having 50% marks in Intermediate or H.S.C. (12th class) examination are eligible.
B.Sc Hons Chemistry Syllabus
The syllabus of Chemistry is as follows:
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|4||Biomolecules, Polymers, and Drugs|
|6||Physical Chemistry-A Molecular Approach|
B.Sc Hons Chemistry Colleges
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Marwari College, Ranchi
- Dyal Singh College, New Delhi
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Jaipur
B.Sc Hons Chemistry Course Suitability
- The candidates who are good in chemistry and want to do the graduation course in the very subject are most suitable for the program.
- They should have qualities like the time management, planning and executing experiments, undertaking individual and team work.
- Some other essential skills such as written and oral communication, monitoring the situation attentively, teamwork are also required for the course.
How is B.Sc Hons Chemistry Course Beneficial?
- This course provides a good base for further higher studies in this field such as M.Sc., Ph.D. and M.Phil. Degree in Chemistry.
- After the completion of the program, they become eligible for the post of a lecturer in any university/college.
- Interested candidates can also opt research work on the relevant subject.
- These professionals can also open coaching centers or educational institutions to provide the subject knowledge to the students.
B.Sc Hons Chemistry Employment Areas
- Cosmetic Companies
- Biotechnology Firms
- Chemical Industry
- Chemicals Manufacturing Companies
- Agricultural Research Services
- Food Institutes
- Heavy Chemical Industries
- Govt. Hospitals
- Medical Laboratories
- Indian Civil Services
- Industrial Laboratories
- Manufacturing and Processing Firms
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Technical Journals
- Petroleum Companies
- Wastewater Plants
- Seed and Nursery Companies
- Testing Laboratories
- Oil Industry
- Medical Research
B.Sc Hons Chemistry Job Types
- Lecturer & Teacher/Home Tutor
- Technical Writer/Editor
- Clinical Research Specialist
- Laboratory Technician
- Plant Biochemist
- Research Associate