B.Sc Hons Computer Science is an undergraduate Computer Science course. Computer science is the study of theories and concepts related to the computer organization, a network of the computers and their types, information sharing through computers and its protection. The applicants of the program study about the programming languages and software coding. The duration of the course is three years and the complete syllabus of the program is divided into six semesters. There are many colleges/universities which are providing the course. The professionals of the course get placed in various MNCs related to the IT industries.
B.Sc Hons Computer Science Eligibility
- The candidates should be passed in their 10+2/ Intermediate/ HSC or its equivalent exam in Science stream.
B.Sc Hons Computer Science Syllabus
The syllabus of the program is given as follows.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|4||Algorithms and Data Structures|
|6||Theory, Operating System|
|7||Practical, Programming Language and Data Structures|
|3||Computer Architecture and Organization I|
|4||Object Oriented Programming (OOP)|
|8||Digital Circuit Design|
|9||Analogue Circuit Design|
|10||Operating System Laboratory|
|11||Object Oriented Programming (OOP) Laboratory|
|1||Formal Language and Language Translation|
|2||Computer Network, Data Communication, and Internet Technology|
|5||Data Base Management Systems (DBMS)|
|7||Theory: Microprocessor and Computer Organization II|
|8||Practical: Microprocessor Programming Laboratory|
|10||Relational DBMS (Oracle / SQL Server) Laboratory|
|11||Front-end Programming and Web Technology Laboratory|
B.Sc Hons Computer Science Colleges
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Jamia Hamdard University, Delhi
- Panjab University – PU, Chandigarh
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune
B.Sc Hons Computer Science Course Suitability
- Those candidates who are good in the computer applications and their handling, want to develop applications and program codes, are the most suitable for the course.
- The candidates must have a good communication and interpersonal skills as they are required to give the presentations and share the ideas related to the development of the programs.
- They must have the good typing skills and the be able to generate the solutions of complex problems in short time.
- The candidates who want to opt the course must have a good memory as the programming task is very much complex and it is needed to remember various processes during the programming.
How is B.Sc Hons Computer Science Course Beneficial?
- The candidates can opt for the Master’s degree and then for further research program after successful completion of the program.
- Those who are interested in the teaching field can get into the profession as the computer science teacher in university and college based upon their higher qualifications.
- There are many reputed companies where these professionals can work as the computer engineer, computer operator, and other various posts.
- Their employment area covers the following sectors: manufacturing companies, computer hardware system design and development companies, computer networking companies, software development companies, etc.
B.Sc Hons Computer Science Employment Areas
- Content Writing (science)
- Computer Science Labs
- Call Centres
- Colleges & Universities
B.Sc Hons Computer Science Job Types
- Vocational Instructor
- Computer Science Teacher
- Computer Program
- Intellectual Property Manager
- Lecturer & Assistant Professor
- Clinical Research Co-coordinator
- Network Designer
- Member Technical Staff Computer Scientist