B.Sc Hons Physiology is an undergraduate Physiology course. Physiology is the science that deals with the functions of living systems. Physiology study about organisms, organ systems, organs, cells and biomolecules and their chemical and physical activity that exist in a living system. The duration of the course is three years and the complete syllabus of the program is divided into six semesters. There are some institutes which provide the course on the part time basis.
B.Sc Hons Physiology Eligibility
- The candidates should be passed in their 10+2/HSC/Intermediate examination from a recognized University with physics, chemistry, and biology.
B.Sc Hons Physiology Syllabus
The syllabus of the program is given as follows:
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Structural units of Human System, Biophysical and Biochemical Principles, Biochemistry, Elementary idea of nervous system and ANS.|
|2||Blood and body fluids ; Respiration, Cardiac Physiology, Circulatory System|
|(b) Fresh – tissue preparation|
|(c) Identification of permanent slides|
|(a) Qualitative analysis|
|(b) Quantitative analysis|
|C||Laboratory Note book|
|3||Physiology of Digestive System, Metabolism, (50 marks) Nutrition and Dietetics.|
|4||Environmental Physiology, Microbiology & Immunology, Work Physiology, Sports Physiology and Ergonomics.|
|E||Laboratory Note book|
|5||Nerve-Muscle Physiology, Sensory Physiology, Renal Physiology.|
|6||Genetics and Molecular Biology, Central nervous system, Peripheral nervous system.|
|7||Endocrine System, Chronobiology|
|8||Social Physiology, Community Health, Comparative Physiology, Instrumentation|
|9||Reproductive Physiology, Developmental Biology|
|10||Biostatistics, Computer Application in Physiology, Skin and Body temperature regulation, Pharmacological Physiology.|
|C||Histology & Histochemistry|
|D||Experiments on toad|
|E||Field Study Report|
|F||Laboratory Note book|
B.Sc Hons Physiology Colleges
- Presidency College (Autonomous), Chennai
- Netaji Subhash Mahavidyalaya, Udaipur
B.Sc Hons Physiology Course Suitability
- Students who have an interest in Physiology and want to make their career in the related fields of physiology are suitable for the course.
- They should have the analytical and problem-solving skills, decision-making and questioning skills, and information and data management skills, are the most suitable for it.
- They should be good in the communication skills both orally and written as they are required to discuss any idea or problem relating to the physiology with their team members.
How is B.Sc Hons Physiology Course Beneficial?
- The course provides a good base for the candidates to pursue the master degree such as M.Sc., research work in physiology.
- After the completion of the program, they can also opt for teaching.
- The professionals of the course can establish their own private clinics.
- One can go for higher degree program in respective subjects for further research work.
B.Sc Hons Physiology Employment Areas
- Colleges & Universities
- University & Hospital Research Laboratories
- State or Federal Agencies
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
B.Sc Hons Physiology Job Types
- Lab Technician
- Drug Safety Physician
- Research Assistant
- Personal Trainer
- Assistant Professor
- Medical Coding Trainer
- Reader Physiology & Biochemistry
- Therapist Assistant