IIITH PGEE 2020 Exam: The IIIT, Hyderabad, is one of the best private IT colleges right now. The beauty of the college is that it absorbs postgraduate students to study courses of their choice. The entrance exam offers the aspirants direct admission to study either M. Tech, MS, or a prestigious doctorate of a philosophy course. However, the aspirants must pass IITH PGEE to earn admission.
IIITH PGEE 2020 Highlights Table
|Full Exam Name||International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad Post Graduate Entrance Examination (IIIT PGEE)|
|Exam Conducting Body||IIIT Hyderabad|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Application Fee||INR 2000|
|Offered Course||M.Tech., M.S., Ph.D|
As the exam name suggests, the IIIT is the body in charge of this PG entrance test. The national level entrance exam takes place in April, every year, and only exists in offline mode.
IIITH PGEE 2020 Application Form
An aspirant can either apply for the entrance exam either online or offline. The postgraduate an aspirant must first begin by registering for the exam before they proceed to fill the application form. Upon filling in the application form, the next step involves uploading of essential documents such as the signature files, certificates as well as a photograph.
After that, an aspirant must pay a non-refundable application fee. The fee helps to cater to both exams and exam processing. Successful applicants get an admit card, which acts as a proof of identity. All aspirants must carry the card when going for the exams. However, the organizing body sends the admit cards in soft copy form.
It’s the responsibility of an aspirant to download the card for printing. Kindly follow all the steps to increase the chances of the application to be considered.
IIITH PGEE 2020 Syllabus
IITH comprises of different core subjects. Some of these include Mathematics, computer science, structural engineering, among others. Below are some of the essential topics to study.
- Real analysis
- Linear vector space
- Complex analysis
- Differential equations
- Linear programming
General Aptitude Topics
- Logical reasoning
- Basic computer concepts
- Primary mathematical concepts
IIITH PGEE 2020 Structure
IIITH PGEE consists of 2 papers, namely paper one and paper 2. The first paper is a General Aptitude test that consists of only objective type questions. Paper 1 usually focuses on logical reasoning and mathematics questions. Aspirants must attempt all the items within 90 minutes. All an aspirant must know that unlike paper 2, this is a compulsory test
Test 2 is the Subject paper; thus, aspirants choose the paper that suits them most. Just like paper 1, the paper has a total duration of 90 minutes. Questions are either objective or subjective, depending on the subject.
6 Top Secrets on How to Pass IITH PGEE 2020
Most aspirants have an erroneous notion that IIT PGEE is very hard. This tainted mentality makes most of them not to perform well. Lucky for you, we’ll disclose some of the secrets of passing this exam. Use these tips to capitalize on this rare opportunity of earning admission.
- Understanding the question before answering it; One common mistake most examinees make is misunderstanding the questions. If an aspirant misunderstands a problem, they stand no chance of giving the right answer. Usually, some aspirants may need to read the item more than once to understand it. It’s worth your time!
- Follow the exam syllabus when revising; IIT uses the IIT PGEE curriculum when setting the exams. Therefore, aspirants cannot afford to ignore the plan, lest they flop. An aspirant must also pay attention to all the topics equally. Remember, the examiner is free to test the subjects as they please. For this reason, it’s not surprising to see the examiner over-test a given topic.
- Attempt all the questions in the test; There’s no guarantee of passing if one fails to attempt some questions. An aspirant should purpose to try all the questions, regardless. Attempting all questions doesn’t necessarily mean that an aspirant is omniscient. Instead, it’s proof of the determination and the desire to score highly. Don’t be surprised to see such an aspirant pass IIT PGEE very well.
- Use past sample papers to revise for the test; It’s essential to get an idea of how examiners test this entrance exam. What better way to do so than by using the sample papers? Technically an aspirant can access any of these papers online at no charge. In some cases, the examiners repeat the questions. Therefore, one has no reason not to pass this entrance exam.
- Please take a deep breath before beginning the test; It’s not easy to recall information unless the brain is at ease. Tension explains why some an aspirant underperforms in this test despite revising extensively for it. Taking a deep breath helps to eliminate exam phobia. Gradually, an aspirant’s mind relaxes thus is better placed to recall information.
- Avoid distractions when revising for the test; It’s impossible to understand when they’re several distractions. Therefore, a determined aspirant must minimize as many distractions as possible. For example, he or she should turn off the music to concentrate on the revision.
- Level of concentration results in the recording of information, in the long-term part of the brain.