DU JAT 2020: DU JAT stands for Joint Admission Test. It is one of the entrance exams conducted by the prestigious Delhi University. Candidates applying for this entrance test can take admission into BBA, BMS, and BA (Hons.) courses available in the Delhi University.
It is an excellent opportunity for students who wish to go for higher studies. The exam will be organized offline. It is held every year, and lakhs of students from all over India apply for it.
DU JAT 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Delhi University Joint Admission Test (DU JAT)|
|Conducted By||Delhi University|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||120 Minutes|
Students who wish to appear for the exam must check the essential details associated with it, such as the eligibility criteria, application and admission date, exam date, results, fee, etc.
DU JAT 2020 Application Form
The applications for DU JAT 2020 will start from the last week of May 2020. Candidates have to submit the duly filled application form by the 3rd week of June 2020.
Steps to fill the registration form are:
- Go to the official website of Delhi University www.du.ac.in. Register on the admission portal.
- Log in with your email ID and password and fill all the information asked in the application form.
- Fill your preferred choice, of course, and college carefully. Mark 1 for your first preference, 2 for second preference, and it goes on in the increasing order. Females will get 21 choices, while males will get 17 options in total.
- Upload the scanned copies of your photograph and signature in the prescribed size.
- Review your application for any corrections required.
- Pay the application fee and submit your form.
DU JAT 2020 Exam Pattern
It is essential for the candidates to know the exam pattern before appearing for the exam. It acts as a guide and helps you to learn about the marking scheme, mode of exam, language, etc.
- The questions will be asked in the English language.
- Candidates have to finish the exam paper within 2 hours.
- The question paper will include MCQs only. So out of the four given options, the candidates have to mark the most correct one.
- The question paper will be divided into four sections. They are Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, General English, and Business and General Awareness.
- Candidates will earn four marks on every correct answer.
- There is negative marking in the exam, so one mark will be deducted on every incorrect answer submitted.
Eligibility Criteria of DU JAT 2020
The eligibility criteria to take admission into BBA, BMS, and BA (Hons.) courses are:
- For General Category and OBC students: Candidates must have scored at least 60% marks in their qualifying exam, including subjects such as English, Mathematics, etc.
- For SC, ST, PWD students: Candidates must have scored at least 50% in their 10+2.
- Candidates who are yet to give their 10+2 exams this year can apply.
Note: Candidates will be selected based on their rank scored in the entrance exam. The rank can be calculated by the average percentage in the entrance test and percentage scored in the qualifying exam. A 65% score of the entrance exam and a 35% score of the qualifying exam will be considered.
The registration fee for DU JAT 2020 is INR 250 for all the candidates. However, candidates have to pay an extra fee for giving the entrance exam.
- For General and OBC students: INR 750
- For SC, ST, PWD, EWS students: INR 300
- The Admit Cards of the candidates will be released by the university during the last week of June 2020.
- They will be available online on the UG Admission portal of DU.
- Candidates must take a printout of the admit card. Take it along with you when going for the test.
DU JAT 2020 will be conducted during the 1st week of July 2020.
Note: Candidates must carry their admit card and original ID proof on the exam venue for verification. Entry without these is restricted. The ID proof could be an:
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
- Voter ID card
- Driving License
DU JAT 2020 Exam Results
The results of the exam will be announced during the 1st week of August 2020.
DU JAT 2020 Exam Center
Candidates can submit their preferred choice of the exam center in the application form. The DU JAT 2020 exam is expected to be conducted in:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. How can I give the DU JAT exam?
Ans. To give the DU JAT exam, you must check the eligibility criteria for the exam.
- If you fulfill the criteria, go ahead to fill the application form online on the DU website.
- Check out the syllabus of the exam and prepare for it accordingly.
- Then, download the admit card whenever it arrives on the portal.
- Reach the exam center allotted to you by the university on the exam date.
2. How can I take admission?
Ans. To take admission, you must fill the online application form. Then, if you want to take admission through the entrance exam, you must appear for it. If you want to take admission through the merit category, wait for the release of cut-offs by DU.
3. Is Mathematics a compulsory subject for taking admission into Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) in DU?
And. Yes, you must have studied Mathematics in your 10+2 to take admission into BMS.