GMAT 2020 Exam: It is a famous international level test. GMAT Test Exam Pattern is designed for students who want to make a career in MBA. The GMAT Council conducts this is the most significant fact about this Exam. GMAT 2020 Exam Dates are available multiple times in a year. This test proposes an MBA (Master of Business Administration) admission courses in many countries.
GMAT 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||GMAT Exam|
|Full-Form||Graduate Management Admission Test|
|Exam Types||PG Level|
|Conducting Body||Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)|
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
The candidates from around the world can pursue a diverse range of MBA programs in universities and institutions. Admissions open five times in a year so aspirants can apply on their suitable dates.
In this article, you can get answers to all your baffling questions like what is the GMAT Exam? Syllabus for the GMAT exam? GMAT exam fees? etc. Also, you can gather all information and detail about GMAT, for the example application process, Eligibility standards, exam pattern, and more.
What is the GMAT Exam?
GMAT Exam is the best criteria to judge one’s ability in the management field. The exam gets conducted throughout the world, and a large number of aspirants apply for it. Aspirants who appear for the exam and score well get an advantage over the other students to succeed in the management field.
GMAT stands for Graduate Management entry Test. It is organized by GMAC to offer entry to eligible aspirants in 7000 different Master’s degree programs. The registrations for the exam are open throughout the year, so applicants can enroll for the exam whenever they feel prepared.
It displays your interest, passion, and dedication to making a career in the management profile. The exam does no partiality to anyone, and you can attempt it whenever you want.
This particular exam has the following benefits:
- Reliable and Available
- Unmatched Expertise
GMAT 2020 Exam Dates
There are no specific dates for the GMAT EXAM DATES 2020. The analysis conducted five times a year on different dates, but you can register yourself for the test anytime throughout the year. Also, it is essential to select the exam date from the available options at the time of registration as per choice.
GMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Aspirants can get all the details about the GMAT 2020 exam pattern from the mentioned below section.
|Test Sections||Duration/ Number of Questions|
|Writing||30 mins/1 ques.|
|Integrated||30 mins/12 ques.|
|Quantitative||62 mins/31 ques.|
GMAT is an adaptive computer test with a total of 80 questions, that must be completed in 3 hours 7 minutes.
|Question Pattern||Score Range|
|Interpretation, Two-Part Analysis||1-7|
|Data Sufficiency, Problem Solving||6-50|
Application Form GMAT 2020
The Candidates who appearing for GMAT 2020 will Fill forms with below-mentioned details:-
- Relevant information is mandatory.
- Documents and certificates according to the application form Original information.
Noted: Make sure to avoid any false information in the Form
GMAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
GMAC has not denoted any significant eligibility criteria. Hence there are no criteria for the candidates, but some factors are essential to follow. Click here to get complete information about GMAT Eligibility Criteria.
GMAT Exam Application Fee
Fees for GMAT exam aspirants can pay online via credit or debit card and net banking. Candidates can also pay the application fee via cashier cheques or money cheques. The Application fee is 250$ for appearing in the exams
- The exams will be taken by a computer-based test (CBT)
- The examination Duration will be three and a half-hour.
- The question paper integrates 800 marks
- Paper will include Analytical Reasoning, Verbal, Quantitative, and Integrated Reasoning.
- 1st part of Paper will have 30 minutes Analytical Writing, 1 question on Analysis of Argument, score range between 0-6
- The second part will contain 30 minutes Reasoning featuring 12 questions of Multi-Source Reasoning, Two-part Analysis, Graphics Interpretation, and Table Analysis, a score between 1-8
- 3rd Quantitative section with 67 minutes duration, 37 issues of Data sufficiency, solving the problem. Score between 0-60
- 4th section lasts for 67 minutes of Comprehension lasting
- Candidate must attempt 41 questions within required
- Questions will cover Critical Reasoning, correcting sentences, Reading Comprehension.
Time Limit GMAT 2020
- The analytical writing assessment for 30 minutes and 1 question.
- Integrated Reasoning which is of 30 minutes and 12 items.
- Quantitative reasoning is of 67 minutes and 31 questions.
- Verbal reasoning lasts for 67 minutes and 36 questions.
Note: During the test, there will be twice 8 minutes break
GMAT Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for the GMAT Exam 2020 divided into four different parts. 1ST Section is the Quantitative section, 2nd Analytical writing section 3rd verbal skills, and 4th integrated reasoning.
- First section: Analytical writing
- The second section: will include a question like a table analysis, two-part analysis, graphics interpretation, and multi-source reasoning, etc.
- The third section: will check candidates’ Math skills also will include topics from data sufficiency and problem-solving questions.
- The last part: Will consist of items from reading comprehension and critical reasoning. Questions from a verbal ability like a modifier, parallelism Nouns, idioms, pronouns, adjectives, etc.
GMAT Exam Preparation Tips
For the Exam, there are some tricks and tips to score good bands. Some tips for GMAT preparation are given below:
- The aspirant must cover five years modal or last documents
- Make a study plan for each section in a given time frame
- Chose study material, right books, and reference books
- Make brief notes
- Join coaching institutions
For GMAT registration, the first step is to sign up with the GMAC official website. Once the account is created, aspirants can select for GMAT registration. Also, the option for rescheduling is available in the same model.
For the customer service phone numbers are available region wise with charges of us $10. The postal mail option is also accessible for the registration with a paycheque or money order for GMAT exams.
Admit Card GMAT 2020
After the registration admits card will be generated, and students can attain online. The exam Authority does not send admit card to students. The confirmation letter for GMAT will be provided to students. The confirmation letter will be consisting of details like exam centre, Date and time, candidate name. So, students must check the details mentioned in the message.
The letter is available online. Perhaps there is no online method of receiving admit card. It is guided that students must bring the printed copy of the ticket for the examination hall entrance. ID proof is also necessary to deliver. Make sure your admit card has your photo on it with examiner signature giving authentication of identity in the exams
There are two ways by which you can pay the examination and course fee.
Online Payment Methods
- Credit card and Debit card
- Master card
- Visa card
- American Express
If the payment gets rejected through your card, the registration will get cancelled, and the aspirant has to go through the registration process again.
Offline Payment Methods
- Cashier’s cheque
- Personal Cheque
- Money orders
The offline payments made to Pearson-GMAT in USD. It should get drawn in the name of a US Bank with the full amount (including the taxes applicable).
The cheque should reach its concerned party at least ten days before the due date of the exam
The GMAT exam has test centres in several countries, and in India, it has centres in the below-mentioned cities.
- GMAT Test Cities
GMAT 2020 Result
As per GMAC guideline, students will receive their result card from the official GMAC website which shares the result within three weeks
- Students may receive GMAT results via email.
- Via email, essential details and information will be shared, GMAT scores of last year, and Analytical Writing Assessment score, personal data.
- There will be an option for students to reject or receive the result
- If you select the result, you will choose the institution and can see your score. But if you want to reject the result, you will be no longer see your score. Therefore, the result will be accessible after three weeks of the examination
GMAT Admission Procedures
The admission methods will be closed after declaring results. GMAC which is short for Graduate Management of Admission generate results and conducts tests. GMAT scores are favourable for the admissions into several courses. With the consequence marks the institute will estimate the skills of pupils for the MBA courses. So, it is essential for a candidate to score good marks if he or she is willing for the management courses. Because of institute select students on the bases of GMAT results. The institute will select a candidate through an application, work experience, recommendation letter, education criteria, and final interview.
Admission only will be awarded to a student with GMAT scores. Therefore, the final selection is based upon different factors like Final interview rounds and statement of purpose, extra circular activities, Academic profile, work experience.
- Mark Sheets & Passing Certificate)
- Passport Size photograph
- Category Certificate
- ID Proof
- GMAT Marks Card
- Transfer Certificate/ Migration
Deciding for GMAT is a good decision if you are planning for higher studies in management courses. This will help you to take admission in reputable institutes, Which will open new opportunities for you.
The GMAT fee is $250 around the world. Hence if there is a need to reschedule the test date, you will have to pay an extra charge of $ 50. Also, in the case of cancelling the test, there is a fee of US80. GMAT test centres are in different countries around the world. So it is easy for any student who is interested in MBA courses he can give GMAT exam in selected examination centres.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
There is no specified date or month to apply for the exam. An applicant can go on the website mba.com and book an available slot as per their convenience.
The application fee fixed for the GMAT exam is $250. However, if you want to reschedule the exam, an additional amount of USD 50 has to be paid. The cancellation charges for the exam are USD 80, so if you cancel it, the remaining amount will get transferred to your bank account.
No, there is no maximum age limit. The candidate must be at least 18 years of age. Although, if an aspirant between the age group of 13-17 years wants to appear for the exam, he/she has to submit written proof of the guardian’s permission for taking the exam.