Anna University is a famous Public university, which is located in India, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Besides this, the main campus lies in Chennai, India. Being a famous university, it has deep roots, ranging from September 4th, 1978 till now. Here you will get the Anna University admission related information in depth.
It was originally a unitary type of university, offering courses and education in Technology, Engineering, and even allied Sciences. But the main objective of this university was to offer courses relevant to the needs of society.
Anna University Highlights 2021-22
|Established in||1978 as a State University|
|Approved by||UGC, NAAC, COA|
|Memberships and Affiliation||ACU, AIU, TASCHE|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Rank||Country Rank 10 | World Rank 1137|
|Offered Programs||Masters, certificates, MPhil, PhD, & Diploma|
|Application Mode | fee||Online and Offline | INR 500|
|Fee submission||Challan/Demand Draft/ online transactions|
|Facilities Available||Library, Medical, Transport, Hostel, Scholarships|
|Email for email@example.com.|
|Admission Helpdesk||+91 (44) 2235 8262|
Anna University Eligibility for Admission in UG & PG Course
This university provides education in the field of Engineering, IT, Design and Management, etc. at UG, research, and PG. levels.
- The candidates who secure merit in the TNEA are eligible for admission in the BTech and B.E programs of AU.
- BE: AU offers more than fifteen specializations in the BE program. For being eligible, the applicants must have done HSC in chemistry, math, and physics with at least 50% marks.
- BTech: The candidates who have passed HSC with 50% marks are eligible to apply for this course.
- BArch: HSC with physics, math, and chemistry with at least 50% marks. NATA qualified applicants can also apply for this program.
- ME: The students must have completed BE or other relevant degrees with at least 50% marks. The selection of the candidates is based on their score in TANCET or GATE, followed by TANCA and counselling.
- MTech: The applicants are required to score 50% marks in BTech exams and gain valid score in TANCET and GATE tests.
- March: The candidates must have scored 50% marks in BArch.
- MSc: A graduation degree in the relevant stream with at least 50% marks and valid score in the entrance test and counselling.
- MPhil: The applicant should have passed a Master’s degree in the relevant field with 50% marks. They should score valid points in university entrance exams and counselling.
- PhD: Anna University Admission applicants must have a master’s degree in the relevant field with at least 55% marks. AU will conduct a written entrance exam for PhD candidates. After the entrance test, only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- The students who want to seek admissions in the M.E and M. Tech program of Uni should quality the TANCET (common entrance) exam of AU.
- The TANCA qualified candidates are eligible for admissions in MBA, MCA, and M. Plan courses.
- The GATE exam score will also be preferred for entries in ME or MTech degrees.
Anna University Admission 2021 Details
For admission to the university, you need to take the TANCET test, which stands for the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test, and for the Engineering admission, you will have to take the TNEA test, which stands for the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission.
Arts Courses Admission
BA SOCIOLOGY BA HISTORY BA HINDI BA POLITICAL SCIENCE BA GEOGRAPHY MA BA EDUCATION MA POLITICAL SCIENCE BA ECONOMICS MA HISTORY BA ENGLISH
Commerce Courses Admission
B.COM B.COM COMPUTER APPLICATIONS M.COM
Other Course Admission P.HD / M. PHILL/ DIPLOMA / PG / bpp / ENGINEERING COURSE B. TECH / M TECH/ DIPLOMA LLB, BA LLB D PHARMA , B PHARMA
Furthermore, through the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test, you can get admission further into the MBA, MTech, M.Arch, M.E, M.Plan, and even MCA courses.
In comparison to this, you can get admission into the Engineering UG courses through the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission Test, or commonly called the TNEA. The important thing to note here is that the TNEA is not responsible for holding the entrance exams.
Important Key points for admission to Anna University
- The courses of BArch and B.Tech or BE are subjected only to the candidates’ merit in TNEA, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission process further includes the final allotment and the choice locking.
- The candidates who are qualified in NATA are termed as eligible for the application of the BArch program
- It is important to note that candidates must be qualified in the Common test called TANCET, to get further admission in MCA, MTech, M.Plan, ME. MBA and M.Arch courses.
- The final admission decision is subjected only to the TANCA, Tamil Nadu Common Admission counselling process.
- Students, who want to take admission in either the MTech or the ME courses solely based on their GATE Score are also termed as eligible, but they don’t have to appear in the test of TANCET.
- If you want to take admission in MPhil or MSc, you will have to take the separate Entrance test offered for admission.
- The PhD admission tests are solely on the Written University-Based test and then followed by a final interview through the CSIR NET, UGC NET, and SLET Teaching Fellowship holders, which are also eligible.
Anna University Application Form: Steps to Apply
The process of Anna University Admission 2021 requires some specific eligibility criteria. For UG courses, the applicants must have passed HSC, and for PG courses, the least required education is bachelors.
University provides both online and offline form submission facility to its students. The detailed procedure is discussed below.
- For Anna University admission visit the official website of the university
- Click on the “online registration” tab.
- Fill in the personal detail like email id and phone number.
- The candidate will receive a link on their email ID.
- Verify your account by the link sent to your email account.
- Check all details and click on the “OK” button.
- Upload the scanned photocopies of your signature, photo, and other documents.
- After this step, pay the application fee.
- Submit the fee by using net banking, credit card, or debit card.
- After the payment method, click on the “submit” button.
- Take a print out of the form for further references.
- For Anna University admission download the form from the official website or buy it from the campus.
- Fill in the detail in your form.
- Attach the necessary documents.
- Make a DD in favour of AU.
- Post the form to the admission office of AU.
- Marksheet and degrees
- Transfer certificate
- DOB proof
- Community certificate.
- Medical certificate
- Nativity certificate (in electronic form)
- Srilankan refugee certificate
- Army personnel proof certificate
AU Courses with Fees & Eligibility Criteria
Fees (1st Year)
50% plus TANCET (Graduation)
50% plus TANCET (Graduation)
50% plus TANCET (Graduation)
50% plus TANCET (10+2)
50% plus TANCET (10+2)
Admission for MTech and ME Courses at Anna University
Anna University is well known for offering the courses of MTech and M.E and various other disciplines. It is important to have a degree in BTech or the B.E, which is the minimum eligibility criteria for MTech or M.E admission.
Diploma holders are only eligible that have their AMIE with themselves. The Admission itself s based on the score of TANCET, which is followed by the TANCA, university-based counselling.
The Candidates that have a valid score in their test of GATE are eligible to apply for this test, but such are exempted from their TANCET test.
MTech and ME Course Admission Key Aspects
- Students, who have been competing for their degree through the means of weekend mode or even the distance are not eligible to apply for these courses.
- Through the Sponsored category, Anna University also offers admission. It means that the students who belong to government-aided institutions or any Government organization can apply. But these types of candidates must have a minimum of five years’ experience in a respected field.
- But the Govern Organizational students need to have a valid score in their TANCET test.
- The M.E or MTech course application form can be filled through online means by simply visiting the Portal of TANCA and payment of INR 500 as the fees for application.
- It is important to note that the INR 250 is only reserved for the categories, while the candidates of GATE and TANCET must apply separately.
Admission for MPlan, MArch, MCA, and MVA courses
At the level of post-graduation, the university will cover the courses of MPlan, MArch, MBA, and even MCA (the regular ones plus the lateral ones), all based on full time.
For admission, it is required that you have the 50 per cent marks in degree, the 45 per cent belonging to the ST or SC. It is the eligibility criteria, yet the admission is only given to the candidates that have qualified for the TANCET followed by the TANCA, the university-based counselling.
Milan, March, MCA, and MVA Courses Admission to Key Aspects
- The application form for the MPlan and the MArch can be found in the official university portal or TANCA. It needs to be filled and the fees of INR 500 are required to be paid through a Debit card or even a Credit card, or internet banking.
- The 250 INR included in the 500 is for the PH/SC/ST. While the GATE and TANCET students need to apply for the test separately.
- The application process for the courses is to be filled online by visiting DTE Tamil Nadu’s official portal. Then, you need to take the print of the form and sent the document along with 300 INR to the designated office
Admission for BTech, BArch, and BE courses
The university of open to offer full-time courses in the field of BTech, BArch, and BE at the UG level. The minimum eligibility criteria are 10+2 or equal with Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
For the field of BTech or BE admission, the shortlisting is done based on the 10+2 followed by the counselling in TNEA.
With all due marks, the NATA score is mandatory for the course of BArch only.
BTech, BArch, and BE Courses Admission Key Aspects
- The application form is offered by the university itself, which can be filled online through visiting the TNEA portal and document verification at the TFC’s, the TNEA facilitation centres.
- Student can only choose their desired branches after depositing 500 INR, in which the 250 INR go to PH/SC/ST and 100 INR for the category of special reservation.
- You can pay the amount through internet Banking, Credit, or Debit card. The payment can also be through DD drawn in the favour of the University.
- The final seats are only allotted by the admission authority and nothing else.
Admission for MPhil and MSc courses
The courses of MPhil and MSc are at various Post Graduate level in various disciplines. But both the program admission is based on the performance of the candidate in the respective Entrance test by the University itself.
Both of these MSc and MPhil courses admission tests are conducted differently in Chennai.
Candidates for MSc courses must be graduate in the related or even the same field for admission. In the case of MPhil, the candidate require a Master’s degree in the related or the same field.
For MPhil, the whole previous record of the student will be taken into consideration. The student that has exceptionally good results will be taken into consideration.
The Entrance test for MSc students takes about two hours with over 100 marks for 100 MCQ’s. There are deductions for the wrong attempt and 1/3 marks are reduced for each wrong attempt.
MPhil and MSc Courses Admission Key Aspects
- Students can go to the official website of Anna University and apply for these respective fields from there.
- The admission fees for these courses are a bit more in comparison because you are paying 700 INR, while 350 from these are for PH/SC/ST.
- The document you require for these admissions are; Marks sheet for X and XII, if applicable the community certificate or the degree certificate, if applicable the nativity certificate or the medical certificate.
- Lastly, the deposit fees of 5000 INR at the time of counselling, which is in the form of DD.
Admission for PhD and MS by Research Courses
Both full-time and part-time are available for PhD admissions while for the MS by Research, you get a chance two times per year under the CFR, Center of Research.
Candidates that have their Master’s Degree or even the MPhil or related fields are only eligible in applying for these courses.
PhD is a program that is based purely on the performance of the student in their written conducted test by Anna University, finalized by an interview.
PhD and MS by Research courses admission key aspects
- The UGC CSIR NET including the JRF or SLET and UGC NET including the JRF qualified as the fellowship teacher holder are not to take the online test for these admissions, while they have to appear only to the interview round.
- Both of these courses require; Visiting the website, filling the application form, paying the fees of 800 INR, taking a printout of the application form, and sending it to the university along with self-attested copies.
FAQs of Anna University
Ans. No, the least required marks for the PhD program is 55% marks.
Ans. Yes, the university offer scholarships for brilliant students.
Ans. You should take the TANCET or GATE test for being eligible to apply.
- 17 Oct 2020 : Delhi University [ DU ] 2nd Cut Off College-wise List 2020-21 Announcing Admission Process
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2020-21||College Admission Fee 2020-21|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th