Anna University Admission Process been postponed for some days due to lock down ,Anna University (AU) is one of the top-ranked universities in the state. It was established in 1978 and named after the former CM of Tamil Nadu, Dr. Conjeevaram Natarajan Annadurai (1909-1969). It is one of the largest technical universities in Tamil Nadu. The university is further divided into four colleges.
- At present, Anna university offers many UG and PG programs in various fields.
- AU conducts different entrance tests for many streams. It also offers the TANCET entrance test for PG programs.
- Controller of Examination is responsible for all the decisions regarding fee payment, seat allotments, and counseling.
Anna University Admission News Update
May 14 2020
- TNEA Exam Couselling 2020 been postponed. due to lock down Covid 19 expected exam will take place in the month of July/August 2020.
- News Annа University Bіо-Infоrmаtісѕ Onlіnе Hackathon Click
- Aftеr Anna Unіvеrѕіtу hаѕ аnnоunсеd thе саnсеllаtіоn оf аll іtѕ ѕеmеѕtеr exams, ѕummеr еxаmѕ, projects аnd assessment tеѕtѕ for аll its dераrtmеntѕ аnd affiliated соllеgе duе tо thе Cоvіd 19 оutbrеаk dеvеlор a A national level Bіо-Infоrmаtісѕ online Hackathon оn COVID-19
- Anna University Admission update : new admission open after declared TANCET result 2020, check direct link website- annauniv.edu
- Anna University TANCET: The Anna University, Chennai has declared the old and pending result for the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test which was taken by TN for the admission purpose. The candidates who given the examination can check the status of the results through university official website- annauniv.edu.
- Students can check result from university website Click
Arts Courses Admission
BA SOCIOLOGY BA HISTORY BA HINDI BA POLITICAL SCIENCE BA GEOGRAPHY MA BA EDUCATION MA POLITICAL SCIENCE BA ECONOMICS MA HISTORY BA ENGLISH
Commerce Courses Admission
B.COM B.COM COMPUTER APPLICATIONS M.COM
Other Course P.HD / M. PHILL/ DIPLOMA / PG / bpp / ENGINEERING COURSE B. TECH / M TECH/ DIPLOMA LLB, BA LLB D PHARMA , B PHARMA
Anna University Admission 2020 Headline (Tamil Nadu):
|Topic||Anna University Admission 2020|
|Established in||1978 as a State University|
|Approved by||UGC, NAAC, COA|
|Memberships and Affiliation||ACU, AIU, TANSCHE|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Rank||Country Rank 10 | World Rank 1137|
|Offered Programs||Masters, certificates, M.Phil, Ph.D., & Diplomas|
|Application Mode | fee||Online and Offline | INR 500|
|Fee submission||Challan/Demand Draft/ online transactions|
|Facilities Available||Library, Medical, Transport, Hostel, Scholarships|
|Email for firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Admission Helpdesk||+91 (44) 2235 8262|
Anna University Approval
AU is approved by:
Anna University Admission 2020
The process of Anna University Admission 2020 requires some specific eligibility criteria. For UG courses, the applicants must have passed HSC, and for PG courses, the least required education is bachelors.
Anna University Admission 2020 Important Dates
For B.Arch/B.E/B.Tech (TNEA)
|Announcement of Online Application||10-Jun-20|
|Availability of online Form||10-Jun-20|
|TNEA application Last Date||–|
|Verification of certificates||10-Aug-20|
|Filling of online choice begins||10-Aug-20|
For M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/MBA (TANCET)
|Registration last Date||17-Jul-20|
|Admit Card Release||24-Jul-20|
For Ph.D./M.Phil (Admission test)
|Application form availability||In April 2020|
|Last Date to submit the form||In May 2020|
|Test Date||In June 2020|
|Result Announcement||In June 2020|
University Admission 2020
Anna University UG Admission Process 2020
The eligibility criteria and admission process of UG programs are given below:
AU offers more than fifteen specializations in the BE program. For being eligible, the applicants must have done HSC in chemistry, maths, and physics with at least 50% marks.
The candidates who have passed HSC with 50% marks are eligible to apply for this course.
HSC with physics, maths, and chemistry with at least 50% marks. NATA qualified applicants can also apply for this program.
Anna University PG Admission Process 2020
Anna University Admission eligibility criteria and admission process of PG programs are given below:
The students must have completed BE or other relevant degrees with at least 50% marks. The selection of the candidates is based on their score in TANCET or GATE, followed by TANCA and counseling.
The applicants are required to score 50% marks in B.Tech exams and gain valid score in TANCET and GATE tests.
The candidates must have scored 50% marks in B.Arch.
A graduation degree in the relevant stream with at least 50% marks and valid score in the entrance test and counseling.
The applicant should have passed a Master’s degree in the relevant field with 50% marks. They should score valid points in university entrance exams and counseling.
Anna University Admission applicants must have a master’s degree in the relevant field with at least 55% marks. AU will conduct a written entrance exam for Ph.D. candidates. After the entrance test, only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Anna University Application Procedure
University provides both online and offline form submission facility to its students. The detailed procedure is discussed below.
- Anna University Admission Visit the official website of the university (https://www.annauniv.edu/).
- Click on the “online registration” tab.
- Fill the personal detail like email id and phone number.
- The candidate will receive a link on their email ID.
- Verify your account by the link sent to your email account.
- Check all details and click on the “OK” button.
- Upload the scanned photocopies of your signature, photo, and other documents.
- After this step, pay the application fee.
- Submit the fee by using net banking, credit card, or debit card.
- After the payment method, click on the “submit” button.
- Take a print out of the form for further references.
- Anna University Admission Download the form from the official website or buy it from the campus.
- Fill the detail in your form.
- Attach the necessary documents.
- Make a DD in favor of AU.
- Post the form to the admission office of AU.
Required Documents For Anna University Admission 2020
- Marksheet and degrees
- Transfer certificate
- DOB proof
- Community certificate.
- Medical certificate
- Nativity certificate (in electronic form)
- Srilankan refugee certificate
- Army personnel proof certificate
No, the least required marks for the Ph.D. program is 55% marks.
Yes, the university offer scholarships for brilliant students.
You should take the TANCET or GATE test for being eligible to apply.
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th