Anna University Admission 2021-22: Anna University is a public state university, and now the university starts the admission process for the academic year (2021-22), both undergraduate or postgraduate. This university is approved by UGC, AICTE, NAAC, ACU, AIC. Anna University was founded in 1978 (Chennai). It has many branches, and many private colleges are affiliated with this university. Students can fill the application form in both methods online or offline.
Anna University offers various UG, PG, and Doctoral Programme though the University is famous for the courses like B.Tech and B.Arch. The candidates” who wishes to take Admission,” will have to clear National and State Level entrance exams, like TNEA, TANCET, and NATA. The University obtained 13 constituent colleges, four university campuses, three regional campuses, and 593 affiliated colleges.
- Anna University has announced that the TANCA 2021 counselling date has been postponed, and the university has not declared the next date yet for the counselling but notified that the date would be announced soon. (Source)
- Anna University has released an important notification regarding the Short Term Training Course on CAD/CAM/CAE. The first batch starts on 22 November 2021, and the second batch will start on 27 November 2021. The approx fee for admission will be charged Rs 7000 for students, while Rs 14000 for industry personnel. (Source)
Anna University Highlights
|University Name||Anna University|
|Established in||1978 as a State University|
|Approved by||UGC, NAAC, COA|
|Memberships and Affiliation||ACU, AIU, TASCHE|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Rank||Country Rank 10 | World Rank 1137|
|Offered Courses||Masters, certificates, MPhil, PhD, & Diploma|
|Application Mode | fee||Online and Offline | Rs 500|
|Fee submission||Challan/Demand Draft/ online transactions|
|Facilities Available||Library, Medical, Transport, Hostel, Scholarships|
|Anna University||Anna University Application Form|
|Anna University Admission||Anna University Fee structure|
Anna University Admission 2021-22
For admission to the university, you need to take the TANCET test, which stands for the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test, and for the Engineering admission, you will have to take the TNEA test, which stands for the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission. In comparison to this, you can get admission into the Engineering UG courses through the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission Test, or commonly called the TNEA. The important thing to note here is that the TNEA is not responsible for holding the entrance exams.
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
Anna University UG Admission
The university offers a total of 28 Courses to students after finishing the schooling of class 12th. The university facilitates specializations in the field of Engineering and Technology.
B.E.: To be eligible, the applicants must have done HSC in chemistry, math, and physics with at least 50% marks. There are mainly 4 Departments of Engineering. There are 18 disciplines of B.E. in which A.U. offers admission, which is given below.
- BE Civil Engineering
- B.E. Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering
- B.E. Geoinformatics
- B.E. Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. Electronics and Communication Engg
- B.E. Biomedical Engineering
- B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E. Electronics and Instrumentation Engg.
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. Aeronautical Engineering
- B.E. Automobile Engineering
- B.E. Industrial Engineering
- B.E. Manufacturing Engineering
- B.E. Mining Engineering
- B.E. Printing Technology
- B.E. Production Engineering
- B.E. Materials Science and Engineering
BTech: The candidates who have passed HSC with 50% marks can apply for this course. There is the total of 11 subjects of BTech that A.U. offers. All the BTech Specialties come under the faculty of Technology. The BTech subjects are mentioned below.
- B.Tech. Information Technology
- B. Tech. Chemical Engineering
- B. Tech. Food Technology
- B. Tech. Pharmaceutical Technology
- B. Tech. Industrial Biotechnology
- B. Tech. Rubber and Plastics Technology
- B. Tech. Textile Technology
- B. Tech. Leather Technology
- B. Tech. Ceramic Technology
- B. Tech. Apparel Technology
- B.Tech. Petroleum Engg and Technology
BArch: HSC with physics, math, and chemistry with at least 50% marks. NATA qualified applicants can also apply for this course.
Anna University PG Admission
MPlan: MPlan is a master level course in which the students learn about the settlement of resources in urban and rural areas. MPlan course is chosen by those students who have completed the bachelor’s in BArch and want to specialise in planning. The applicants will have to pass an entrance exam that is conducted at the university level. The entrance test name is TANCA.
ME: The students must have completed BE or other relevant degrees with at least 50% marks. The selection of the candidates is based on their score in TANCET or GATE, followed by TANCA and counselling.
MTech: The applicants are required to score 50% marks in BTech exams and gain valid scores in TANCET and GATE tests.
MArch: The candidates must have scored 50% marks in BArch.
MSc: A graduation degree in the relevant stream with at least 50% marks and a valid score in the entrance test and counselling.
MPhil: The applicant should have passed a Master’s degree in the relevant field with 50% marks. They should score valid points in university entrance exams and counselling.
PhD: Anna University Admission applicants must have a master’s degree in the relevant field with at least 55% marks. AU will conduct a written entrance exam for Ph.D. candidates. After the entrance test, only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
The students who want to seek admissions in the ME and MTech Course of University should quality the TANCET (common entrance) exam of AU.
The TANCA qualified candidates are eligible for admissions in MBA, MCA, and M.Plan courses.
The GATE exam score will also be preferred for entries in ME or MTech degrees.
Anna University Admission 2021-22 Last Date
|Admission in CAD using CATIA||13 September 2021 (Closed)|
|PhD Admission starts on||7 September 2021 (Closed)|
|Last date for PhD Admission||17 September 2021 (Closed)|
|Commencement of Online Registration of MCA||18 September 2021 (Closed)|
|The Last date for Registration for MCA||15 September 2021 (Closed)|
Important Key Points For Admission To Anna University
- The BArch and BTech or BE courses are subjected only to the candidates’ merit in TNEA, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission process further includes the final allotment and the choice locking.
- The candidates who are qualified in NATA are termed as eligible for the application of the BArch Course.
- It is important to note that candidates must be qualified in the Common test called TANCET, to get further admission in MCA, MTech, M.Plan, ME. MBA and M.Arch courses.
- The final admission decision is subjected only to the TANCA, Tamil Nadu Common Admission counselling process.
- Students who want to take admission in either the MTech or the ME courses solely based on their GATE Score are also termed as eligible, but they don’t have to appear in the test of TANCET.
- If you want to take admission in MPhil or MSc, you will have to take the separate Entrance test offered for entry.
- The PhD admission tests are solely on the Written University-Based test and then followed by a final interview through the CSIR NET, UGC NET, and SLET Teaching Fellowship holders, which are also eligible.
Anna University MTech and ME Admission
- Anna University is well known for offering the courses of MTech and ME and various other disciplines. It is essential to have a degree in BTech or the BE, which is the minimum eligibility criteria for MTech or ME admission.
- Diploma holders are only eligible that have their AMIE with themselves. The admission is based on the score of TANCET, which the TANCA, university-based counselling, follows. The candidates who have a valid score in their GATE test are eligible to apply for this test, but such are exempted from their TANCET test.
Anna University MTech and ME Admission Key Aspects
- Students who complete their degree through weekend mode or even the distance are not eligible to apply for these courses.
- Through the Sponsored category, Anna University also offers admission. It means that the students who belong to government-aided institutions or any Government organization can apply. But these types of candidates must have a minimum of five years’ experience in a respected field.
- But the Govern Organizational students need to have a valid score in their TANCET test.
- The ME or MTech course application form can be filled online by simply visiting the university website portal and paying Rs 500 as the fees for the application.
- It is important to note that the Rs 250 fee is only reserved for the categories, while the candidates applying for GATE and TANCET must apply separately.
Anna University MPlan, MArch, MBA, and MCA Admission
- At the post-graduation level, the university covers Masters in plan, MArch, MBA, and even MCA (the regular ones plus the lateral ones), all based on full time.
- For admission, it is required that the applicants have 50 per cent marks in degree, the 45 per cent belonging to the ST or SC. It is the eligibility criteria, yet the admission is only given to the candidates that have qualified for the TANCET, followed by the TANCA, the university-based counselling.
M Plan, MArch, MCA, and MBA Admission to Key Aspects
- The application form for Mplan and the MArch are offered in the official university portal or TANCA. It needs to be filled, and the fees of Rs 500 are required to be paid through a Debit card or even a Credit card or internet banking.
- The 250 Rs included in the 500 is for the PH/SC/ST. At the same time, the GATE and TANCET students need to apply for the test separately.
- The application process for the courses is to be filled online by visiting DTE Tamil Nadu’s official portal. Then, you need to print the form and send the document along with 300 Rs to the designated office.
Admission For BTech, BArch, and BE Courses
- The university is open to offering full-time courses in BTech, BArch, and BE at the UG level. The minimum eligibility criteria are 10+2 or equal with Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
- For BTech or BE admission, the shortlisting is done based on the 10+2 followed by the counselling in TNEA. With all due marks, the NATA score is mandatory for the course of BArch only.
BTech, BArch, and BE Courses Admission Key Aspects
- The application form offered by the university itself can be filled online by visiting the TNEA portal and document verification at the TFC’s, the TNEA facilitation centres.
- Student can only choose their desired branches after depositing 500 Rs, in which the 250 Rs. Go to PH/SC/ST and 100 Rs for the category of special reservation.
- You can pay the amount through internet Banking, Credit, or Debit card. The payment can also be through DD drawn in favour of the university.
- The admission authority and nothing else only allot the final seats..
Admission For MPhil and MSc Courses
- The courses of MPhil and MSc are at various Post Graduate levels in multiple disciplines. But both the Course admission is based on the candidate’s performance in the respective Entrance test by the University itself.
- Both of these MSc and MPhil course admission tests are conducted differently in Chennai. Candidates for MSc courses must be graduate in the related or even the same field for admission. In MPhil, the candidate requires a Master’s degree in the related or the same area.
- For MPhil, the whole previous record of the student will be taken into consideration. The student that has outstanding results will be taken into consideration. The Entrance test for MSc students takes about two hours with over 100 marks for 100 MCQ’s. There are deductions for the wrong attempt, and 1/3 marks are reduced for each wrong attempt.
MPhil and MSc Courses Admission Key Aspects
- Students can go to the official website of Anna University and apply for these respective fields from there.
- The admission fees for these courses are a bit more in comparison because you are paying 700 Rs, while 350 from these are for PH/SC/ST.
- The document you require for these admissions are; Marks sheet for X and XII, if applicable the community certificate or the degree certificate, if applicable the nativity certificate, or the medical certificate.
- Lastly, the deposit fees of 5000 Rs at the time of counselling, which are in the form of DD.
Anna University PhD and MS Admission
- Both full-time and part-time are available for PhD admissions, while for the MS by Research, you get a chance two times per year under the CFR, Center of Research.
- Candidates who have their Master’s Degree or even the MPhil or related fields are only eligible to apply for these courses. PhD is based purely on the student’s performance in their written test by Anna University, finalized by an interview.
Ph.D. and MS by Research Courses Admission Key Aspects
- The UGC CSIR NET, including the JRF or SLET and UGC NET, including the JRF qualified as the fellowship teacher holder, are not to take the online test for these admissions, while they have to appear only to the interview round.
- Applying for these courses requires visiting the website, filling the application form, paying the fees of 800 Rs, taking a printout of the application form, and sending it to the university along with self-attested copies.
Anna University Courses & Fees
Fees (1st Year)
50% plus TANCET (Graduation)
50% plus TANCET (Graduation)
50% plus TANCET (Graduation)
50% plus TANCET (10+2)
50% plus TANCET (10+2)
Anna University Application Form Process 2021
For UG courses, the applicants must have passed high scool, and for PG courses, the least required education is a bachelor’s. University provides both online and offline form submission facilities to its students can get the form and pay the application fee online. The fee amount is Rs 500 for General and Rs 250 for the backward classes.
- For Anna University admission visit the official website of the university.
- Click on the “online registration” tab.
- Fill in the personal detail like email id and phone number.
- The candidate will receive a link on their email ID.
- Verify your account by the link sent to your email account.
- Check all details and click on the “OK” button.
- Upload the scanned photocopies of your signature, photo, and other documents.
- After this step, pay the application fee.
- Submit the fee by using net banking, credit card, or debit card.
- After the payment method, click on the “submit” button.
- Take a printout of the form for further references.
- For Anna University admission download the form from the official website or buy it from the campus.
- Fill in the detail in your form.
- Attach the necessary documents.
- Make a DD in favor of Anna University.
- Post the form to the admission office of Anna University.
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Previous year score card
- Transfer certificate
- DOB proof
- Community certificate.
- Medical certificate
- Nativity certificate (in electronic form)
- Srilankan refugee certificate
- Army personnel proof certificate
Ans: No, the least required marks for the Ph.D. The course is 55% marks.
Ans: Yes, the university offer scholarships for brilliant students.
Ans: You should take the TANCET or GATE test for being eligible to apply.
Q: When will PhD registration start for Anna University?
Ans: They are expected to start on 22 July 2021.
Q: Which courses are applicable at AU CDE?
Ans: Only a few courses, such as M.Sc in Computer Science, MBA, MCA, etc., are applicable.
Q: Which entry exam is to be cleared for AU CDE admission?
Ans: AU DEET 2021 is to be cleared to gain admission in AU CDE 2021.
- Address: Anna University, Guindy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600025
- Contact Number: +91-0442235 8314, 04422357080, 04422357081
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source: Official Website
Be the first to leave a review.