Architecture Entrance Exams: The exams involve either the Undergraduate Entrance Exams as well as the Postgraduate Entrance Exams. Usually, the Architecture Entrance Exams happen at national levels. Although the exams also occur at state and institute levels. In developed countries such as India, architecture has a huge scope.
Get Eligibility & Fees Structure Please register to get More Information
NATA 2020: Highlights
|Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Language||English and Hindi|
For one to be eligible for the exam, they must have studied Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics and passed well. Hence, candidates must have a bachelor degree in architecture to be eligible for a master’s Architecture Entrance Exams.
Eligible students even design the skyline of the city, in case they are successful in clearing their UG or PG in B.Arch.
Important Dates: Architecture Entrance Exams
|Application Form Available||January Third Week 2020|
|Last Date to Pay Application Fee||March Second Week 2020|
|Admit Card Available||April First Week 2020|
|Exam Date||April Second Week 2020|
|Result Declaration||May First Week 2020|
Architecture Entrance Exams: Types
- The JEE: JEE is a popular entrance exam to get admission to a reputable architectural college in India. The exam happens in April of every year. Also, the exam is both online and offline.
JEE has a duration of 3 hours and one has to be real quick in answering the questions. National Testing Agency (NTA) is the organizing body.
- NATA: NATA is an entrance exam that offers admission to a top-ranked architectural college in India. Important to note is that NATA is a national level Architecture Entrance Exams.
Candidates must pass class 12th with Maths to be eligible for the exam. Also, by the Council of Architecture is the organizing body.
- AMU B.Arch. Entrance exam: The entrance exam grants admission for B.Arch. Course in the Aligarh Muslim University. The entrance exam has a duration of 3 hours, with a total of 150 questions. Important to note is that the exam happens in April every year.
For a candidate to be eligible, they need to have passed the class 12 exam. That’s not it; the candidates must have scored aggregates marks of 50 per cent or more. The AMU B.Arch. Aligarh Muslim University is the organizing body.
- KCET: The entrance exam offers admission for an architecture course. Additionally, the Karnataka Exam authority is the organizing body.
- The Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges: COMEDK UGET is a common entrance exam that grants admission for a UG Course. This exam had started over ten years ago and is conducted once a year in the member’s institutions.
Also, COMEDK UGET has a duration of 3 hours and is computer-based. It has made it easier for students to appear for such exams.
- DASA: DASA is an entrance exam that offers access for UG programs in reputable institutes in India. For a candidate to qualify for the exam, they must have passed their SSC exam. It is an important criterion so that there is a fair chance for everybody to get admission.
- SAEE: The entrance exams grant candidates an admission for architecture courses at Sathyabama University. Also, the exam exists in both online and offline modes. The exam only requires a payment of Rs. 650.
The candidates must have passed their 10th and 12th with 60 per cent or more. Usually, the exam held in either March or April of every year. Also, the candidates need to be 18 years or more. The candidate’s performance in the entrance exam decides if they get the admission or not.
Usually, architecture students can only secure a stable job after completing their studies. Nowadays, given the stiff competition, candidates with a master’s in the field stand a better chance of getting a job. The more experience one has, the more likely they are to get a well-paying job.
In India, the private sector absorbs B.Arch Graduates in the construction companies. The number of such companies has been on the rise due to the demand for houses. On the other hand, the public sector has a broader range of jobs for graduates.
For a candidate to qualify for the Architecture Entrance Exams, they must meet the following requirements.
- An applicant needs to have scored a minimum of 50 per cent in their 12th or an equivalent exam from a deemed board.
- Candidates need to have passed the cluster subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Candidates that pursue an architectural course can venture into any of the below career opportunities.
- Interior designer
- Structural engineer
- Architectural technologists.
- Architecture engineer