BSc Biotechnology Admission 2021-22: BSc Biotechnology is a graduation course that is offered for three years. It belongs to the applied biology field. Biotechnology is a technique of using living organisms in areas of medicine, engineering, and technology. BSc Biotechnology is a combined study of Biology, Computer Science, and Technology.
This course focuses on teaching students the connection between biology and technology and how these can be used to achieve the betterment of humans. Many universities and colleges offer admission BSc Biotechnology courses.
It is a 3-year undergraduate program. It gives you knowledge related to two subjects. The students of sciences can join this program. You will be able to develop new inventions in this new field. The students with 10+2 years of studies can apply. Can do the course by taking regular classes. This course provides you with knowledge about enhancing living organisms. You’ll have a wide range of career options after doing it. The purpose is to make you able to research.
- Amity University invites application forms for admission to the “BSc (Hons.) Biotechnology” program. Students interested in opting for this course can visit the university’s official website. For more details, click here.
- Sharda University, Greater Noida, offers admission to the “BSc (Hons.) in Biotechnology” program. Students looking to opt for this course can visit the university’s official website. For more details, click here.
- Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology, Rajasthan inviting application forms for admission to BSc Biotechnology Program. Students interested to opt for this course can visit the university’s official website. For university Fee Structure, click here.
BSc Biotechnology Highlights
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|Course Name||BSc Biotechnology|
|Admission Process||Counseling after taking the entrance examination.|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2.5 Lac to 8 Lacs|
|Course Fee||INR 1 Lac to 2 Lacs|
|Eligibility||10th & 12th from a recognized Board|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
BSc Biotechnology Admission 2021-22
Admission for BSc biotechnology is open now in universities. Candidates can apply for entries or register now. The students who have done their face with bio as a significant subject can apply for this degree. Unis open admissions twice a year. Once in winter and the other in summer.
Admissions of BSc Biotechnology are advertised every year. DITPS Delhi, BVU Pune, and JNU Jaipur are the most popular institutes for this BSc course.
BSc biotechnology is an undergraduate program that closely investigates assortments of various subjects such as molecular biology, biophysics, genetic engineering, and animal biotechnology. The admission to this course usually starts in June or May.
The syllabus of BSc is comprising of six semesters. It includes Biological Chemistry, Cell Biology, Biophysical Chemistry, Genetics, Animals & Plants, Physiology, Computer, Bio-Statistics, Molecular Biology, Environmental Biotechnology, etc.
- Students applying for BSc Biotechnology entry must have finished their 12th-grade schooling.
- Must complete 10+2 education with a minimum of 50% marks. It is the essential requirement of this course.
- Admissions of BSc Biotechnology are merit/entrance exam-based.
- AIIMS Biotechnology EE, AIBEE, CBEEE, UDBEE are popular admission exams for this course.
- Colleges offer admission in this program based on entrance exams. The entrance exams are usually conducted at the state or national level.
- Admission in BSc biotechnology is usually offered to aspirants based on merit. The aspirants must perform well in the 12th class board exams.
- No university offers this program via the distance learning process.
The average annual tuition fee for a BSc Biotechnology course is INR 1 Lac to 2 Lacs.
BSc Biotechnology Admission Process 2021
Firstly, students will have to pass an entrance test. A 50% score is required to get admission to the university at both levels. The students who don’t come on merit will not gain access. The price is dependent on higher secondary education entrance test results.
How To Apply
- The mode of registration for this degree program is online.
- Ensure that you are filling the registration form for the same uni in which you want to get enrolled.
- Visit the uni website to download the form to apply for the degree.
- In case of any wrong information provided in the application form, I will reject your admission.
Many institutes take their entrance test. This entrance test is taken before admitting students. After passing the entrance test, interviews are taken.
What is BSc Biotechnology Course?
It is a combination of two fields-biology and technology. You can also call it Biotech. It is a branch of science that is used to make valuable products. The products are made from living organism enhancement. That increases the value. It includes many science subjects, and the issues are microbiology, technology, genetics, etc. An example of this is cell culture.
It has applications in various domains. Those domains are healthcare, recycling, agriculture, etc. In this, the organisms are modified. It helps plants to get resistant to diseases. It helps to form organic fertilizers and helps in recycling waste material. It is also a 3-year program.
Every institute has criteria that students need to follow. Applicants must fill the following requirements:
- Students must have an education of 10+2 years.
- Students must pass the national entrance test.
- Education must be from a recognized board.
- The main subjects are PCM and PCB.
- A minimum score of 50 is required at both levels.
- It is also an emerging field in the future.
Biotechnology has a great scope in India. Top employment areas for such graduates are colleges, universities, Bio-Industry, IT Companies, Research Lab, Marketing Bio-Tech, Biotech product, and other public-private sectors related to Biotechnology.
- Research Associate
- Marketing Manager
- Biotech product analyst
- Assistant Research analyst
BSc (Hons) Biotechnology is a similar course to this course. Students can select one of them. After completing this BSc course, students have options to go for higher studies. MSc biotechnology and PGD in Biotechnology are higher studies after completing this graduation course.
BSc Biotechnology Career Prospects
This field includes a lot of research work. It is a very diverse field. A large number of experiments are done daily. After completing this degree program, you can be a
- Research associate: your work here is to perform tests and study. You need to collect data. After that, analyze that data. Then provide results.
- Lecturer: You can also teach the subjects to students.
- Marketing Manager: You can also become a manager to deal with marketing campaigns.
- Research Scientist: your work here is to draw proposals, funding plans and carrying out.
Top University for BSc Biotechnology
|Yogi Vemana University||3 years||24825|
|VIT-AP University||3 years||24800|
|Vikrama Simhapuri University, Kakutur||3 years||24775|
|O.P. Jindal University||3 years||83430|
|Goa University||3 years||84655|
|Assam Agricultural University||3 years||25100|
|Apex Professional University, Pasighat||3 years||24850|
|Ahmedabad University||3 years||84900|
BSc Biotechnology Syllabus
|Biochemistry & Metabolism||Mammalian Physiology|
|Cell Biology||Plant Physiology|
|English/EVS/MIL communication||English/EVS/MIL communication|
|General Elective 1||General Elective 2|
|C7 Chemistry||C10 Chemistry|
|Skill Enhancement Course 1||Skill Enhancement Course 2|
|General Elective 1||General Elective 2|
|Bioprocess Technology||Bio Analytical Tools|
|Recombinant DNA Technology||Genomics and Proteomics|
|Discipline Centric Subject 1||Discipline Centric Subject 2|
|Discipline Centric Subject 3||Discipline Centric Subject 4|
More Graduation Courses List
Be the first to leave a review.