BSc Hons Geology is an undergraduate Geology course. Geology is the branch of science which deals with the study of the solid Earth and the processes by which has evolved and get changed. Geology aims to search and analyze primary evidence for plate tectonics, the history of life and evolution, and past climates.
Students can take admission in this course after Qualifying10+2 class, with a minimum of Fifty percent (50%) marks with physics, mathematics, and chemistry as a compulsory subject. Geology has also commercial importance as it facilitates and helps in mineral and hydrocarbon exploration and for evaluating water resources. The duration of the course is three years and the complete syllabus of the program is divided into six semesters.
- The candidates who have passed their intermediate examination from the recognized school board with physics, chemistry, and mathematics are eligible for the course.
- They should get at least 50% marks in their 10+2 to be eligible for it.
BSc Hons Geology Highlights
Some of BSc Hons Geology Specializations:
|University Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Diploma Course||Management Courses|
|Paramedical Courses||Distance Courses|
|IGNOU July Admission||PHD Admission|
- Geological Engineering
- Remote Sensing
- Economic Geology
- Structural Geology
BSc Hons Geology Syllabus
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|2||Crystallography & Mineralogy|
|3||Environmental Geology (including Natural hazards)|
|4||Earth Resources & their Management|
|5||Geology of India|
|7||Geoprospecting and Mining|
|8||Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology|
|9||Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology|
|10||Introduction to Earth System Science|
|13||Photo-geology, Remote Sensing, and GIS|
|14||Principles of Stratigraphy and Sedimentation|
|15||Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering|
|16||Structural Geology & Tectonics|
- Ram Lal Anand College, Delhi
- Panjab University – PU, Chandigarh
- Gossner College, Ranchi
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur
BSc Hons Geology Course Suitability
- The candidates who have an interest in the field of Geology and want to make their career in the field of earth exploration and its related fields are suitable for the course.
- They must have good communication skills, interpreting and presenting data, using appropriate qualitative and quantitative techniques and packages are a good match for it.
- The candidates should have good presentation skills because they are required to present geological activities at any time to their team.
- Those who want to go for further Master Degree and want to become lecturer also are suitable for it.
How is BSc Hons Geology Course Beneficial?
- There is a lot of scope for the applicants of the program as Earth Science has become a prominent research field in the modern days.
- Candidates can become part of various research programs related to the environment and Marine surroundings.
- The interested candidates can also go to the teaching field after pursuing any master’s course in the relevant subject.
- Mineral Exploration Authority
- Coal India
- Defense and Para-Military Forces
- Geological Survey of India
- Research Agencies
- Central Ground Water Boards
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Oil & Natural Gas Corporation
- Construction Companies
- Government Agencies
- Geological Surveys
- Environmental Consulting Companies
- Educational Institutes
- Meteorological Departments
- Natural Resource Companies
- Hindustan Zinc Limited
- Geological Tunnel Design Manager
- Completions Technologist
- Development Geologist
- Geological Advisor
- Head of Wind Resource Assessment
- Onshore Well-site Geologist
- Assistant & Associate Professor
- Processing Geophysicist
- Small Hydro Power Business Leader
- Technical Sales Manager
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th