B.Sc Hons Physics is an undergraduate Physics course. Physics is the study of the natural science which includes the material and its motion in the space and time, and the study of the forces and energy. The students in this course study of the wide range of phenomena such as from the smallest sub-atomic particles which are neutrinos and electrons to the largest galaxies. The course covers the topics such as Physics of Materials, Statistical Physics, Mathematical Physics, Vibrations and Wave Optics apart from various Physics practical. This course is job oriented in nature. The duration of the course is three years.
B.Sc Hons Physics Eligibility
- The candidates should be passed in their 10+2/HSC/Intermediate examination from the recognized university as with physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
B.Sc Hons Physics Specializations
- Acoustical Physics
- Fibre Optical Physics
- Fluid Physics
- Materials Physics
- Medical/Health Physics
- Molecular Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Optical Physics
- Plasma Physics
B.Sc Hons Physics Syllabus
The syllabus of the program is as follows:
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Mathematical Physics I|
|3||Electricity & Magnetism|
|6||Linear & Digital Integrated Circuits & Instruments|
|7||Physics Lab. I|
|1||Mathematical Physics II|
|3||Vibrations & Wave Optics|
|4||Quantum Mechanics and Nuclear Physics|
|6||Computer Fundamentals and Programming|
|7||Physics Lab. II|
|8||Digital, Microprocessor & Computer Lab.|
|1||Mathematical Physics III|
|5||Physics of Materials|
|6||Electronic Devices: Physics and Applications|
|7||Any one of the following|
(I) Modern Chemistry
|8||Physics Lab. III & IV|
B.Sc Hons Physics Colleges
- Doranda College, Ranchi
- Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh
- Acharya Narendra Dev College, Delhi
- Government Degree College for Women, Karimnagar
B.Sc Hons Physics Course Suitability
- Those candidates who have the interested in the physics and mathematics should opt the course.
- They should have problem-solving, analytical approach to problem and creativity to speculate innovative ideas.
- Candidates should be good in to construct logical arguments, apply analytical skills and grasp complex problems.
- They should have the scientific approach and attitude for the problem under consideration.
How is B.Sc Hons Physics Course Beneficial?
- This course is the basic degree for further higher studies in this field such as M.Sc., Ph.D. and M.Phil. Degree in Physics.
- After passing the master program the candidates can go for the post of a lecturer in any university/college.
- The employment areas cover the range of sectors such as IT and consultancy, the environmental industry, financial services, and the legal sector.
- The professionals of the course can start coaching center to spread the innovative concepts of the physics and thus they can earn the livelihood.
B.Sc Hons Physics Employment Areas
- Indian Civil Services
- Research and Development Firms
- Construction Firms
- Technical Journals
- Aviation Industry
- Engineering Firms
- Education Sector
- Power Generating Companies
- Pyrotechnics Manufacturers
- Demolition Squads
- Agricultural Research Services
Government Owned Job Areas
- Institute of Materials & Mineral Technology (IMMT)
- Centre for Liquid Crystal Research (CLCR)
- Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO)
- Heavy Water Board
- Indian Institute of Geomagnetism (IIG)
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
- National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI)
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Calcutta
- Various Regional Research Laboratories
- Uranium Corporation of India Limited
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
B.Sc Hons Physics Job Types
- Aerodynamics Specialist
- Consulting Physicist
- Lab Supervisor
- Research Associate
- Radiation Oncologist
- Senior Physicist
- Assistant Scientist