B.Sc. Zoology is an undergraduate Zoology course. Zoology is the branch of biology that deals with the study of the animal kingdom. The participants of the program study about the structure, embryology, evolution, classification, habits, and distribution of all animals whether they are living or extinct.
The duration of the course is three years. The complete syllabus is divided into six semesters. The course is career orienting and it opens door to various job opportunities in front of the students after completing the program.
|Course Name:||B.Sc Zoology|
B.Sc. Zoology Eligibility
- Those candidates who have passed their Intermediate or H.S.C.(Higher SEcondary Class) (12th class) examination from a recognized Board in science stream are eligible for the course.
B.Sc. Zoology Syllabus
The syllabus of the program is as follows:
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Life and Diversity from Protozoa to Porifera and Cell Biology I|
|2||Life and Diversity from Coelenterata to Helminths and Cell Biology II|
|3||Life and Diversity from Annelida to Arthropoda and Genetics I|
|4||Life and Diversity from Mollusk to Hemichordata and Genetics II|
|1||Life and Diversity of Chordates I|
|2||Mammalian Physiology I|
|3||Life and Diversity of Chordates II|
|4||Mammalian Physiology II|
|2||Evolution and Developmental Biology|
|1||Aquaculture and Pest Management I|
|2||Aquaculture and Pest Management II|
B.Sc. Zoology Colleges
- Arya Vidyapeeth College, Guwahati
- Indira Gandhi National Open University – IGNOU, Delhi
- Mukand Lal National College, Yamuna Nagar
- Adarsh Mahavidyalaya, Osmanabad
B.Sc. Zoology Course Suitability
- Those who have analytical, data-handling and written communication skills can go for this course.
- The candidates who are interested in opting further studies and have project management, presentation, and oral communication skills, are best suited for the course.
- The candidates should have an interest in animals their lives and eagerness to know about their evolution and development.
How is B.Sc? Zoology Course Beneficial?
- The applicants of the program have a lot of further study options in a variety of specializations and with that qualification they can get into the desired work profile.
- The candidates can work for medical laboratories, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, museums, wildlife rehabilitation centers, etc.
- They can also go for the teaching profession after completing the master program from any recognized institutions.
B.Sc. Zoology Employment Areas
- Government Hospitals
- Colleges & Universities
- Environmental Agencies
- Medical Laboratories
- Agricultural Firms
- Pharmaceutical Companies
B.Sc. Zoology Job Types
- Clinical Business Associate
- Botany/Zoology Faculty Member
- Area Sales Manager
- Medical Representative
- Online Tutor
- Nutrition Specialist
- Research Associate