BTech Agricultural Engineering Admіѕѕіоn 2021-22: BTech AE is a famous branch of engineering. It deals with knowledge of biological sciences and engineering technology to design machines, structures, and equipment. In this program, students are also taught about food production and food processing. Many universities offer this course program.
- 20 October 2021: Galgotias University, Greater Noida, offers admission to the B.Tech Agriculture Engineering program. Students looking for admission to this course can visit the university’s official website. For more details, click here.
- 20 October 2021: Suresh Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur, invites application forms for admission to B.Tech Agriculture Engineering program. Students interested in opting for this course can visit the university’s official website. For more details, click here.
BTech Agricultural Engineering Highlights
|Course Name||BTech Agricultural Engineering|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Technology in Agriculture Engineering|
|Age||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage||50% in HSC|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Maths, Biology, and Chemistry|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 50,000 to 1.5 Lacs|
|Similar Options of Study||B.E|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 1.5 – 2.5 Lacs per annum|
|Employment Roles||Researchers, Scientists, Greenhouse Manager, Production Manager, Design Engineers, Surveyor|
BTech Agricultural Engineering Admіѕѕіоn 2021-22
B-Tech Agricultural Engineering is a 4-year undergraduate program divided into eight semesters. Candidates who graduated 12 with a mark of 50 percent in the science stream are eligible for applications to B-Tech Food Engineering Schools
- Like many UG courses, BTech AE is also a four years regular program.
- There are eight semesters in it. Every semester, students have to study different subjects, including lab and practical sessions.
- Many workshops, study tours, and seminars are arranged for these students every year.
- Agriculture covers a significant portion of the Indian Economy. So, the career in this stream is shining and bright.
- Those who have a bachelor’s degree in this stream can help improve the food production system.
- This degree helps in generating new machinery for reducing human efforts and producing high-quality products.
- They can get jobs in various govt and privates sectors.
- Many universities in India offer this program. Thousands of students get degrees in this stream every year.
- The students must have passed the HSC board exam from any UGC-approved board or council.
- Both PMC and PCB students are eligible to apply.
- Marks Criteria is different for each institute.
- This admission is offered on a merit basis.
- The B-Tech course is admitted based on common entrance exams for engineering. The nationally accepted JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams commence registration in different phases from May to July 2021.
- Usually, students who have scored 45-60% marks in HSC can apply to this program.
- This is offered in the distance mode of learning.
- State-level entrance exams are required for this course.
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
Different state and private universities offer this BTech Agricultural Engineering Admіѕѕіоn every year. All institutes have different fee structures. The average fee for this course is between INR 50,000-1.5 Lacs per annum.
BTech Agriculture Engineering Application Process 2021
- The students should qualify for the entrance exam with a valid score.
- Apply to a university that offers this program.
- Most of the institutes offer both online and offline modes of form submission.
- After receiving the form, the students will receive an email or call for counseling.
- After this, the university will make the merit list and select the students.
Why Choose BTech AE?
After the HSC exam, it becomes difficult for the students to choose which course is suitable for them. There are many branches of engineering available in education industries, and BTech AE is one of them. It is a traditional branch that has a vast scope in India.
Students must choose this course. After getting a bachelor’s degree, the students can get jobs in Agriculture Research Centers, Agriculture Business Firms, Agriculture Development Firms, Food Processing Sectors, and Govt Sectors. These students can also pursue their future in the teaching sector.
The following entrance exams are available for the BTech Agricultural Engineering Admіѕѕіоn:
- ICAR AIEEA: The full form of this entrance exam is the “Indian Council of Agriculture Research All Inia Entrance Exam”. Usually, this entrance exam is held in January every year.
- OUAT CET: It is the abbreviation of “Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology Common Entrance Test”. Students can apply for this entrance exam in the month of April every year.
- EAMCET: Its full form is “Engineering Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test”. The forms for this program are available in May every year.
BTech Agriculture engineers get jobs in different sectors. The salary package is different for each job e.g.
BTech AE degree holders also work as research scientists in the Agri sector. Their monthly salary is between 14000 to 2.8 Lacs.
These engineers receive between 14K-2.8 Lacs pay. They work for increasing profits and food productions.
In this field, the graduates work in education sectors and teach the same subjects to the students. They receive a 17k -2 Lacs salary per month.
In this field, they work for the erection of the greenhouse. They receive min 20K and Max 2.5 Lacs salary.
This position requires the duties of a farm survey for food production. Their salary is between 14k- 2.4 Lacs.
This post requests the duties of building dams and irrigation systems. They get monthly 12k to 2.5 Lacs pay.
Types of Courses
- BTech AE is a full-time regular course.
- The duration of this course is four years and eight semesters.
- In each semester, the students have to do researches in the labs.
- For this course, the students have to attend regular classes. 80% attendance is mandatory.
- This course is not available in part-time or online modes.
- This subject needs proper guidance from teachers in studies and lab researches.
- The applicants must know the syllabus of their entrance exam.
- The outline includes subjects like Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English, and Biology.
- The duration of the entrance exam is three hours, and each test has 150-200 MCQs.
- Students must make a timetable.
- Don’t mark wrong options because there is a negative marking for each wrong answer.
- Make a study plan.
- Do practice on a regular basis.
- Try to score as much as you can because selection depends on the marks in the entrance exam.
Top 5 Colleges For BTech Agricultural Engineering In India
|College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth||Rahuri||INR 81k|
|Rama University||Kanpur||INR 90K|
|Indira Gandhi Agricultural University||Raipur||INR 95K|
|College of Agricultural Engineering & Technology||Bhubaneswar||INR 48K|
|Gautam Buddh Technical University||Lucknow||INR 75K|
BTech Agricultural Engineering Syllabus
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|Engineering Chemistry 1||Engineering Mechanics|
|Engineering Drawing||Mathematics 2|
|Engineering Mechanics||Physical Chemistry|
|Mathematics 1||Science of Soils|
|Basic of Agricultural Engineering||Engineering Physics 2|
|Engineering Physics 1||Horticulture and Field Crops|
|Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|Agricultural Process in Industries||Farm Machinery|
|Surveying and Labelling Methods||Soil Mechanics|
|Statistical Methods||Unit Operations in Food Technology|
|Open Elective||Open Elective|
|Fifth Semester||Sixth Semester|
|Air Conditioning and Refrigerating||Operation Research|
|Tools and Control of Machines||Bio-Agricultural|
|Open Elective||Crop Processing Engineering|
|Environmental Studies||Tractors and Power Units|
|Seventh Semester||Eighth Semester|
|Open Elective II||Open Elective IV|
|Project||Agricultural processing Technology|
|Open Elective III||Open Elective V|
Q. What are the basic eligibility criteria for the BTech AE program?
Ans. The students must have done HSC with PCB/PCM with at least 50% marks.
Q. I am doing a job in the private sector. Can I apply to BTech AE part-time program?
Ans. No, it is not a part-time program. You have to attend regular classes for it.
Q. Does the entrance exam is compulsory for BTech AE?
Ans. Yes, the applicants have to appear for an entrance exam.
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th