BTech Biomedical Engineering Admіѕѕіоn 2021-22: BTech BME is a branch of engineering that deals with medical science and health care services with the lenses of its technical aspects. The following are some facts about the BTech BME course. The students having an HSC degree in PCB/PCM are eligible to apply for this course. It is the fastest-growing as compare to the other branches. Many universities and colleges offer BTech Biomedical Engineering program admission for students.
Thousands of students apply to this stream every year. These engineers work with physicians and doctors for applying engineering techniques in healthcare practices. These Engineers design artificial equipment like internal organs and various body parts. They also design machines that are used for diagnosing medical problems.
BTech Biomedical Engineering is a 4-year UG course with a specialization in biomedical and related perspectives. The base qualification criteria that most of the organization’s requests are a score of at least 50% at 10+2 or equal level.
BM Engineers are also responsible for the maintenance, installation, and repairing of BM equipment. These engineers also train the clinical staff in operating new machines. This course includes the study of Chemistry, Maths, Physics, Life science, and Biology. Most of the institutes accept national and state-level entrance exams. Many companies, like Johnson, Samsung Healthcare, Philips Healthcare, etc., offer many jobs for BME students.
BTech Biomedical Engineering Highlights
|Course Name||BTech Biomedical Engineering|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Technology in Biomedical Engineering|
|Duration||Four Years/Eight Semesters|
|Age||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage||50% in HSC|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Maths, Biology, and Chemistry|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 2 – 3 Lacs per year|
|Similar Options of Study||B.E BM|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 1.5 – 2.5 Lacs per annum|
|Employment Roles||Bio-medical Engineer, Instrument Engineer, Installation Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Researcher|
BTech Biomedical Engineering Admission 2021-22
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
In this stream, engineering methods are applied to solving medical problems. The growth in the population is increasing health care expenditure. For this reason, the demand for BME is expanding. There is a rise in the employment graph of BM engineers.
After completing a BME degree, the students can get jobs in top-ranked medical companies. They can be employed as BM engineers, Instrument Engineers, Researchers, and Maintenance Engineers.
- For this program, the students should have done +2 in the science stream.
- Both PCM or PCB students are eligible to apply.
- The degree must be from a recognized board or council.
- The marks must be more than 45%.
- The students must have a valid score in the entrance exam.
The BTech Biomedical Engineering average fee ranges from INR 2 – 3 Lacs per year.
BTech Biomedical Engineering Application Process 2021
- If the applicants are eligible, they must take an entrance test.
- The first step of admission is to clear the entrance exam with a valid score.
- Submit the form by using online or offline submission modes.
- After checking the scores of the entrance exam and last degree, students will be called for viva.
- The section will be made after the interview.
BTech Biomedical Engineering Syllabus
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|Engineering Chemistry 1||Engineering Mechanics|
|Engineering Physics 1||Material Sciences|
|Engineering Mechanics||Physical Chemistry|
|Basics of Civil Engineering||Mathematics 2|
|Basic of Biomedical Engineering||Engineering Physics 2|
|Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|Biomedical Process in Industries||Human Physiology and Anatomy|
|Statistical Methods||Radiological Equipment and Principles|
|Open Elective||Open Elective|
|Electric Circuits||Biofluids and Dynamics|
|Fifth Semester||Sixth Semester|
|Applications of Microprocessor||Biomedical Expert System|
|Open Elective||Biomedical Signal Processing|
|Instrumentation of Medical||Biomedical Embedded Systems|
|Biomechanics||Diagnostic and Therapeutic Equipment|
|Seventh Semester||Eighth Semester|
|Open Elective II||Open Elective IV|
|Open Elective III||Open Elective V|
|Hospital Safety and Management||Practical|
|Project||Biomedical processing Technology|
- It is a full-time regular course.
- Regular classes are conducted on the campus on a daily basis.
- Lab experiments under the supervision of teachers are done.
- Some university also requires internships for this program.
- This course is not available in distance learning or part-time mode.
- Students need to attend regular classes on campus.
- There are specific experiments in this course that requires students to be physically present.
Top Colleges For BTech Biomedical Engineering in India
|College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|MIT||Vellore||INR 2 Lacs|
|NIT||Rourkela||INR 4 Lacs|
|MIT||Manipul||INR 3.5 Lacs|
|Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 4 Lacks|
|BITS||Hyderabad||INR 3 Lacs|
1. Can I become a teacher after studying BME?
Ans: Yes, you can select the teaching profession.
2. Does this BMS have Masters’s and Ph.D. programs?
Ans: Yes, if you want to continue your study, master’s and Ph.D. programs are available.
3. I live in Manipul. Which institute is suitable for me?
Ans: You can apply to MIT University for BME program.
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th