BTech Biotechnology Admіѕѕіоn 2021-22: BTech Biotechnology is a UG engineering program. It is a combination of technology and applied biology. It involves bioprocess and living organisms in medicine, technology, and other fields that require bio-products. The following are some facts about the B.Tech BT course. B.Tech Biotechnology is a 4-year Bachelor’s program. It covers the utilization of living creatures in engineering, technology, medicine, and other useful applications. A blend of applied biology and chemical engineering deals with the engagement of living things. The students should appear in one of the entrance exams selected by the university.
- 19 October 2021: Sharda University, Greater Noida, offers admission to the “BTech Biotechnology” program. The students looking for admission to this course can visit the university’s official website. For more details, click here.
- 19 October 2021: GLA University, Mathura, invites application forms for admission to the “BTech Biotechnology” program. Students interested in opting for this course can visit the university’s official website. For more details, click here.
BTech Biotechnology Highlights
|Course Name||BTech Biotechnology|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology|
|Duration||Four Years and eight semesters|
|Age||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage||At least 50% in HSC|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Maths, Biology, and Chemistry|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 1,20,000 – 10,50,000 .|
|Similar Options of Study||B.E Genetic Engineering/ BSc Biotechnology|
|Average Salary Offered||About INR5,00,000. per annum|
|Employment Roles||Lab Technician, Clinical researcher, Pharmacist, Medical writing executive, Microbiologists|
BTech Biotechnology Admіѕѕіоn 2021-22
- The duration of this program is four years that is further divided into eight courses. This course focus on biotechnology as a whole subject.
- Genetic engineering and tissues & cell technologies are similar kinds.
- These graduates can get jobs in the research, Govt, and public sectors. They can earn handsome salaries.
- This course is open for all those who have done +2 with a pre-engineering stream.
- This course requires many lab experiments and researches.
- Students study theatrical subjects and many practical lab sessions that are related to the subjects.
- It is a four years long course, and this duration is divided into eight semesters. Each semester is consists of six months.
- The BTech Biotechnology course requires the state or national level entrance test.
- Healthcare, chemical, food, agriculture, and research sectors offer jobs to these engineers.
- Lots of teaching jobs are also available for these students. They can moreover pursue M.phil and PhD Programs.
- The applicants must have at least an HSC degree.
- They have studied Maths, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- More than 50% of the marks are required.
- JEE Main, WBJEE, JEE Advanced, KCET, etc., are among the entry exams to B-Tech Biotechnology.
- B-Tech Biotechnology students must secure 55 percent marks in 10 +2 with scientific topics like physics and mathematics.
- Distance learning education is also available for this course.
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
The course fee is different for each institute based on the facilities they offer. The average fee of this course is between INR 25K – 2 Lacs.
BTech Biotechnology Admission Process 2021
- The admission process is different for each institute.
- Some institutes select students on a merit basis and prepare a shortlisted students list.
- Many institutes arrange their entrance exam.
- Students can apply by using online or offline forms.
- For both online and offline forms, students have to submit the fee.
The following are the acceptable entrance exams for BTech Biotechnology:
- JEE Main: Joint Entrance Exam Main is a national level test designed for Engr. Courses. After passing this exam, the students can get admission to the leading institutes of the country. Usually, this test is held in May every year.
- WBJEE: West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam is a state-level entrance exam. At least four Lacs students take this test every year. This test is held in May every year.
- KCET: Karnataka Common Entrance Exam is a state-level entrance test conducted by KEA. This exam is offered for engineering students. Every year, this test is conducted in May.
- UPSEE: Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam is also called UPTU. This test is usually held in May every year.
Why Choose BTech Biotechnology?
The scope of BTech BT is rapidly increasing by the desire to develop solutions to new and old problems. There are multiple career options for the students who get their degrees in this stream.
There are tons of jobs in this field, like Lab technicians, clinical researchers, Pharmacists, and product managers. These students can also work as a medical writing executives, microbiologists, and lecturers. Students are advised to opt for this course for a bright and shining future.
Salary Packages in India
BTech Biotechnology engineers get different job roles in various fields. Their salaries are different, but the average wage range is about INR5,00,000 per annum. The following are some roles and salaries of BT engineers:
- Lab Technician: This job includes the duties of analyzing the samples, lab monitoring, reporting, records, water sampling, and analysis. The annual salary is between INR 1.5L to 5.6L.
- Clinical Researcher: The duties include monitoring visits, document reviews, and clinical trials. The pay is between INR 2.3L to 13L.
- Pharmacist: Check the descriptions for ensuring that the medicines are safe and appropriate. The average salary of this job is 1.8L to 7.4L annually.
- Medical Writer Executive: They are hired to write medical content (blogs, articles, prescriptions). Their average annual salary is 2.2L to 7.6L.
- Production Manager: The duties ensure that the qualities of the products are good. The average yearly salary for this job is 3L to 8.5L.
- Medical Representative: This job includes arranging appointments with healthcare staff and the community. Their annual wage lies between INR 2.1L to 5.5L.
Course Preparation Tips
- The students must know the syllabus and paper pattern.
- The syllabus includes the questions from Biology, Physics, English, Chemistry, and Maths.
- There are max 200 MCQs in the tests, and the required time is two hours.
- Keep the focus points in mind.
- Practice daily numerical problems.
- Draw a timetable and follow it with dedication.
- Enroll yourself in a coaching institute.
- Focus on your weaker zones and practice on them.
BTech Biotechnology Types of Course
- It is a full-time regular program, and its duration is four years.
- The four years program is further divided into eight semesters.
- Students attend regular classes on campus.
- Many types of research and experiments are arranged for the students.
- Some clinical and industrial tours are also arranged for this program.
- This program is not available in part-time and online modes.
- This course has some requirements which can only be fulfilled through regular classes.
- This program cannot be obtained in distance education.
Top 5 Colleges For BTech Biotechnology in India
|College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Kharagpur||INR 81k|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Guwahati||INR 90K|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Roorkee||INR 95K|
|Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology||New Delhi||INR 48K|
|National Institute of Technology||Warangal||INR 75K|
BTech Biotechnology Syllabus
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|Workshop Practice||Materials Science|
|Physics Lab||Workshop Practice|
|Physics||Principles of Environmental Science|
|Personality Development I||Personality Development II|
|NCC / NSS / NSO & YOGA (Elective)||Computer Lab|
|Mathematics I||Basics of C programming|
|Engineering Mechanics||Mathematics II|
|Engineering Graphics||Electrical Machines Lab|
|Chemistry Lab||Electronic Devices Lab|
|Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|German or Japanese or French Language I||German or Japanese or French Language II|
|Personality Development III||Signals and Systems|
|Mathematics III||Probability and Random Process|
|Fluid Mechanics Lab||Linear Integrated Circuits Lab|
|Fluid Mechanics||Sensors and Measuring Techniques|
|Electric and Electronic Circuits Lab||Biochemistry Lab|
|Digital Systems Lab||Sensors and Measurements Lab|
|Digital Systems||Linear Integrated Circuits|
|Circuits & Networks||Bio Analytical Techniques|
|Basic Biochemistry||Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology|
|Fifth Semester||Sixth Semester|
|Engineering Economics and Management||Medical Imaging Techniques|
|Principles of Communication Engineering||Basic Pathology and Basic Microbiology|
|Personality Development IV||Bio- Signal Processing Lab|
|Microprocessors and Microcontrollers||Diagnostic Ultrasound in Medicine|
|Microprocessor and Microcontroller Lab||Personality Development V|
|Introduction to Medical Physics||Biomaterials and Artificial Organs|
|Industrial Training I||Comprehension II|
|Control Systems||Bio-Signal Processing I|
|Biomedical Instrumentation Lab||Pathology and Microbiology Lab|
|Biomedical Instrumentation||Elective- I|
|Seventh Semester||Eighth Semester|
|Medical Image Processing||Elective IV|
|Virtual Instrumentation Lab||Advanced Medical Physics|
|Virtual Instrumentation||Project Work|
|Medical Image Processing Lab||Elective VI|
|Industrial Training II||Advanced Biochemistry Bio-Signal Processing II|
|Elective III Elective II||Elective V|
|Diagnostic and Therapeutic Equipment||–|
Q. I live in Delhi. Which institute is suitable for me?
Ans. You should apply to NSIT. It is the best institute in Delhi.
Q. What is the substitute for BTech BT?
Ans. The students can also take Genetic Engr or BSc biotechnology.
Q. How many semesters are there in the BTech BT course?
Ans. There are eight semesters in this course, and each semester is six months long.
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th