B.Tech Chemical Engineering Admission 2022-23: It is a bachelor level engineering course. The duration of this program is four years, but it can be less or more, depending on the university’s regulations. This course is a combination of Applied Maths, Life Science, Applied physics, and economics.
Many universities and colleges provide admission for the BTech Chemical Engineering programme through entrance-based and merit-based as well. Students should have passed 12th with 50% marks or above in PCM for admission in this course. After completing this course, students can get better career opportunities.
B.Tech Chemical Engineering Highlights
|Course Name||BTech Chemical Engineering|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Technology in Chemical Engineering|
|Duration||Four Years/ eight semesters|
|Age||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage||50% in HSC|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Maths, and Chemistry|
|Average Fees Incurred||At least INR 25,000 to 2 L per annum|
|Similar Options of Study||B.E /Biomedical/ Biotechnology|
|Average Salary Offered||About INR 7.86 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Researchers, project engineers, chemical engineers, production managers, and research scientists|
B.Tech Chemical Engineering Admission 2022-23
Since the last few decades, people are taking more interest in scientific knowledge. As a result, the importance of Chemical Engineering has increased in developing technology. This branch of engineering covers many areas, including physics, maths, and economics. So the scope of this course is growing day by day.
Chemical engineers contribute to improving the quality of life, and these graduates get jobs as chemical engineers, project engineers, production managers, and research scientists. Many well-reputed industries like Wipro Tech Ltd, Bechtel Corporation, and Indian oil corporation Ltd offer many jobs for chemical engineers.
- In this stream, chemicals and raw materials are converted into a valuable and useful form.
- Tech CE involves design, improvement, and maintenance.
- Chemical engineers improve the techniques of production and design chemical plants.
- The eligibility criteria for this course are at least +2 with maths, physics, and chemistry. The Min required marks range between 50% to 60% in HSC.
- A national or state-level entrance exam is required, but some institutes conduct their entrance exams.
- After graduation, the students can opt, Masters, M.Phil., and Ph.D. programs for higher studies.
- The demand for this branch of Engineering is increasing, and the students may have a bright future in this field.
- Most of the private and Govt/State universities offer this program. Thousands of students apply for this course every year.
- The aspirants must have passed the HSC exam.
- Student must have studied maths, physics, and chemistry as core subjects in 10+2.
- The average marks range between 50% to 60%.
- These students must have to take a national or state-level entrance exam.
The fee for this course depends on the facilities provided by each university. All university has different fee pattern. The average fee is between INR 25,000 to 2 lacs per year.
The following are the acceptable entrance exam for this course:
- JEE Main: It is a national-level entrance test. Most of the institutes, including NITs and IIITs, accept this test. JEE Main is conducted in May every year.
- JEE Advanced: It is a national-level entrance exam conducted by IITs. This test is acceptable by many private and public institutes. Usually, this test is conducted in May every year.
- BITSAT: “Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test” is a national-level exam. All campuses of BITS Pilani arrange this exam in May every year.
- SRMJEE: It is a federal and state-level entrance exam. SRM University and it’s all institutes conduct this test every year in May.
- COMEDK UGET: “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Under Graduate Entrance Test” is a state-level test. It is acceptable for all institutes of Karnataka. It is held in May every year.
BTech Chemical Engineering Admission Process 2022-23
- Many institutes prefer entrance-based admission in this programme.
- National and state levels entrance exams are conducted for the students.
- Some universities conduct their entrance exams in their own campuses.
- For direct admission, the selection is based on the marks in HSC.
- Some management seats are reserved in private colleges.
- Fees are high for the management quota.
- Diploma holders can also get direct admission based on their marks.
Top 5 College for BTech Chemical Engineering in India
|College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|Indian Institutes of Technology||All Campuses||INR 81k|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science||Pilani||INR 90K|
|National Institutes of Technology||Tiruchirappalli||INR 95K|
|National Institutes of Technology||Trichy||INR 75K|
BTech Chemical Engineering Syllabus 2022-23
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|Mathematics I||Mathematics II|
|Basic Civil & Mechanical Engineering||Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Engineering Mechanics||Engineering Thermodynamics|
|Communicative English||Computer Programming|
|Physics Lab||Computer Programming Lab|
|Chemistry Lab||Engineering Graphics|
|Workshop Practice||Basic Electrical and Electronics Lab|
|Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|Mathematics III||Mathematics IV|
|Physical Chemistry||Organic Chemistry|
|Strength of Materials||Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Process Heat Transfer|
|Process Calculations||Mass Transfer|
|Momentum Transfer||Mechanical Operations|
|Physical Chemistry Lab||Organic Chemistry Lab|
|Strength of Materials Lab||Momentum Transfer Lab|
|Electrical and Electronics Engg. Lab||Chemical Engineering Drawing|
|Fifth Semester||Sixth Semester|
|Process Instrumentation||Numerical Methods and Special Functions|
|Mass Transfer II||Mass Transfer III|
|Chemical Reaction Engineering||Chemical Reaction Engineering II|
|Energy Technology and Management||Process Design of Chemical Equipments|
|Chemical Process Industries||Elective I|
|Chemical Engineering Practice||Elective II|
|Mass Transfer Lab I||Mass Transfer Lab II|
|Heat Transfer Lab||Chemical Reaction Engg. Lab|
|Mechanical Operations Lab||Technical Analysis Lab|
|General Proficiency I||General Proficiency II|
|Seventh Semester||Eighth Semester|
|Process Dynamics and Control||Transport Phenomena|
|Mechanical Design of Chemical Equipments||Process Engineering Economics|
|Industrial Management||Pollution Control in Process Industries|
|Elective III||Elective V|
|Elective IV||Elective VI|
|Computer-aided design Lab||Process Dynamics and Control Lab|
|Project Work (Phase I)||Project Work (Phase II)|
|Seminar||Comprehensive Viva Voce|
|Industrial Visit / Training||Professional Ethical Practice|
B.Tech Chemical Engineering Salary Packages in India
The average salary of a chemical engineer is about INR 7.86 L per annum. It can be more or less depending on the job roles and experience of the engineers. The following are some professions and their salary packages:
Process Engineers: The duties in this job include testing, running, designing, and upgrading systems. The average salary for this post is at least INR 6 Lac per annum.
Production Engineer: The engineers work to evaluate the production of goods in factories, industries, and plants. The average salary for this post is about INR 4.8 Lacs per annum.
Maintenance Engineer: Their duties include repairing and checking the equipment, systems, and types of machinery. The average salary for this job is at least INR 3.6 Lacs per year.
Research and Development: R&D managers perform planning, researching, and implementing new protocols into the companies. They also keep an eye on new product development. The average salary for this post is at least INR 4.5 Lacs per year.
Quality Control Engineer: They check the quality of the products and declare either it meets the quality standard or not. They also write procedures and draft evaluations. The average salary for this job is about INR 4.2 Lacs per annum.
Types of B.Tech Chemical Engineering Learning
- It is a full-time program that involves at least twenty-one hours of study per week.
- Students have to attend regular classes.
- At least five courses are taught each semester.
- Many lab experiments and researches are arranged for the students.
- This course is not available in part-time or online modes.
- This subject requires many types of research that are only possible in the labs.
- Students required lots of guidance that is only possible in regular classes
I have done HSC in Physics, Chemistry, and biology with 40% marks. Can I apply for this course?
No, you must study maths at HSC level with at least 50% marks.
What is the average pay in IOCL for this course?
The average salary range of at least 9 Lacs per annum.
Is direct admission possible for this course?
Yes, some institutes offer direct admission based on marks in the qualifying exam.
Be the first to leave a review.