BTech Civil Engineering Admission 2022-23: Bachelor of Technology in Civil engineering is a 4-years UG degree engineering course. The students who pass 10+2 in PCM is eligible for admission to this course. Most of the admission in this course is made after passing entrance tests like JEE, BITSAT, SRMJEEE, which are of state and national levels. Students interested in the civil engineering field can apply for registration within the given time.
Among all the disciplines in engineering, civil engineering is the oldest discipline all around the world. A few years back, BTech civil engineering was one of the much-sought courses among Indian students. But, later, it was sidelined since the IT or software industry came up. In recent years, we can easily see the limelight flashing around Civil engineering courses since there is a need to develop India’s infrastructure.
BTech Civil Engineering Admission Highlights
|Course Name||BTech in Civil Engineering|
|Full-form||Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering|
|Age Limit||Between 17-23 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 50% marks in 10+2 Science (Physics, chemistry, mathematics with computer science/biology)|
|Entrance Exam||JEE, BITSAT, SRMJEEE, MHCET|
|Average fees incurred||INR 40,500 to 1.5 lakhs per year|
|Similar options of study||B.E (Bachelor of Engineering)|
|Average salary offered||INR 6 to 8 LPA|
|Employment roles||Civil Engineer, Water resource engineer, Environmental engineers, Civil engineering technicians, Structural engineer|
Students will conceive, build, design, and operate infrastructure projects. They also supervise, construct, and maintain all kinds of infrastructure in the public and private sectors. It may include buildings, roads, tunnels, airports, bridges, dams, water supply systems, and sewage systems. The course covers all the theoretical concepts and practical knowledge required for civil engineers.
BTech Civil Engineering Admission 2022-23
Thousands of engineering colleges in India offer Bachelor of Technology in Civil engineering courses, and students can get admissions based on the entrance examination. There are many entrance tests like JEE (main), BITSAT, etc., conducted both at state and national levels. It is one of the options to choose from after completing 10+2. It is an undergraduate course of 4 years, and students who have studied science subjects (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry/Biology) in 10+2 can apply for this course.
This course is well-structured, and hence students will gain theoretical and practical knowledge of all different concepts and fields required for civil engineering. The course structure covers industry visits, practical, classroom lectures, and even summer internships. After completing the program, students can get better career opportunities in various fields.
Eligibility Criteria For BTech Civil Engineering Admission
- Interested students who have completed 10+2 can apply for this undergraduate course. For getting admission in B Tech civil engineering, the minimum score should be 50%, and the main subjects studied in class 12 should be science subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, or Biology.
- Students who have completed their diplomas can directly apply for the second year of BTech civil engineering. It is a lateral entry, and they can skip the first year of the course.
Civil Engineering is also divided into two more programs are as follows:
- Diploma Course: Diploma & Polytechnic courses of three years in duration can be done after 10th & 12th.
- Postgraduate Course: PG courses are leading toward a Master of Technology in Civil Engineering of about two years in time.
The average course fee incurred for a Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering is INR 40k to INR 1.5 lakhs per year in India.
BTech Civil Engineering Admission Process 2022
Many governments, as well as private universities, provide admission for Bachelor of Technology. There are many ways to get admission to these courses. Generally, The process of admission can be through online and offline mode. The date to apply for registration for BTech in Civil Engineering varies from university to university. The university will conduct the online entrance test.
There are mainly three ways to get an entry into BTech courses.
- Entrance Exam: It can be a state-level or national-level entrance exam conducted by private colleges. Based on their score, they will get an entry into the civil engineering college of their choice.
- Direct Admission: Direct admission is also possible for BTech Civil Engineering as many universities offers admission on the basis of merit and for this, students have to go and check in colleges & Institutes for management seats.
- Direct Entry for Diploma Students: Diploma students can apply directly to Bachelor of Technology second year (Lateral entry)..
Entrance Exams of BTech Civil Engineering Admission
- Many entrance exams in India are conducted at both state and national levels. Among all of them, “Jee Main” is the highly acceptable entrance test by many universities.
- Many institutions such as VIT University, SRM University, and BITS Pilani universities conduct their own entrance test.
- The test is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) from 2019 onwards, past CBSE was the main body behind the conduction of the Exam.
- The student who wants to take admission in BTech programs must apply for the JEE exam.
- The Joint Entrance Examination is scheduled every year to get admission in different institutions like Delhi institute of technology, NITs, NSIT, and IITs.
- The form of the JEE Mains is available in the month of November/ December.
Why Choose Civil Engineering?
- Many students in the world choose Civil Engineering because it is one of the most popular course in India.
- BTech in Civil Engineering is a degree program in which students will learn to design buildings, homes, bridges, etc.
- Civil engineers play a significant role during various emergencies like natural disasters and drought.
- They help to recreate those areas that are affected during these disasters. Student prefers the course with an idea to get the best-paid job after the completion of a professional degree.
Some Important Facts about BTech Civil Engineering Admission
- Civil Engineering is one of the broadest and oldest engineering disciplines.
- It involves designing, planning, maintaining, and supervising different infrastructures like hospitals, sewage systems, water treatment, airport, and high-school facilities.
- The course also involves protecting environmental and public health.
- The market size of Civil industry will be expected to grow to $17.72 trillion.
- In India, many colleges offer this programmes at both UG and PG levels.
Salary Packages in India After BTech Civil Engineering Admission
In India, both new and experienced Civil Engineers get the perfect salary package. The average salary of BTech Civil engineers is INR 6 to INR 8 LPA in private companies, whereas INR 4 to 6 LPA in government sectors.
BTech Civil Engineering Admission Syllabus 2022-23
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|Functions of Several Variables||Series and Matrices|
|Physics Lab. 1||Engg Mechanics|
|Physics I||Physics II|
|Life Skills I||Chemistry Lab.|
|Intro to Programming||Chemistry I|
|Intro to Civil Engg.||CE Materials and Construction|
|Engg. Drawing||Life Skills II|
|Ecology and Environment||–|
|Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|Math. 3||Structural Analysis|
|Transportation Engg. I||Transportation Engg. 2|
|Surveying||Science Electives (Maths/Physics/Chemistry)|
|Mechanics of Materials||Geotechnical Engg. 1|
|Hydraulic Engg.||Environmental Engg.|
|–||Humanities Elec. 1|
|Fifth Semester||Sixth Semester|
|Life Sciences||Basic Steel Design|
|Water Resources Engg.||Humanities Elective 2|
|Hydraulic & Environ. Engg. Lab.||Construction Project Management|
|Geotechnical Engg. 2||–|
|Construction Material Lab||–|
|Basic RC Design||–|
|Seventh Semester||Eighth Semester|
|Humanities Elective 3||Professional Ethics|
Top University offering BTech Civil Engineering Admission
|University Name||Approx Fees/year||For Admission|
|Sri Venkateswara Vedic University||2,00,000|
|Adikavi Nannaya University||1,50,000|
|Sri krishnadevaraya University||2,00,000|
|International Institute of Information Technology||1,75,000|
|Delhi Technological University||2,00,000|
Compared to other industries, the civil engineering industry has many opportunities. It is better to hunt for core engineering jobs if students are interested in civil engineering. Official campus placements are the right option, and along with that, students need to create strong and professional networks. It is very important to create the best resume, and they should do some impressive projects of construction & designing things. Internships will help students in securing some decent jobs in the civil engineering field.
There are thousands of companies from unique sectors that provides jobs to civil engineers:
- Construction and design companies
- Transportation and real estate companies
- Power, energy, and oil sectors
(FAQs) Regarding BTech Civil Engineering Admission
What do Civil engineers will do in the future?
These people are generally involved in building, constructing, designing, supervising, and operating different private and public sectors. They take projects like airports, systems for sewage and water supply treatment, etc.
Which foreign language will be beneficial for me as a civil engineer in the future?
It depends on the country you will go to in the future. The country’s language help to do your internship as well as gets different works.
Which oil and energy power companies in India that hire civil engineering students?
- Schlumberger Inc. India
- Technip Inc. India
- Power Grid Inc. India
Be the first to leave a review.