B Tech Civil Engineering Admіѕѕіоn Fees Eligibility, Syllabus, Exams, , Career Scope, Jobs: Bachelor of Technology in Civil engineering is the UG engineering degree of 4-year duration. The student who passes an F.SC degree is eligible to get admission in this course. Most of the admission in this course is done after conducting entrance tests at state and national levels. Some important facts about B.Tech Engineering are:
- It is one of the broadest and oldest engineering disciplines.
- It involves designing, planning, maintaining as well as supervising different infrastructures like hospitals, sewage systems, water treatment, airport, and high-school facilities.
- The course also involves protecting environmental and public health.
- The market size of this course will be expected to grow to $17.72 trillion.
- In India, many colleges offer this course at both UG and PG level.
B.Tech Civil Engineering Admission Process 2020 | Fees Syllabus Eligibility: It is one of the options to choose from completing 10+2. This is an undergraduate course of 4 years and students who have studied science subjects in 10+2 can apply for this course. There are thousands of engineering colleges in India offering B.tech Civil engineering course and students can get admissions based on the entrance examination. There are entrance tests conducted both at state and national levels.
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Science Subjects|
|Admission Process||Based on counselling after clearing Entrance Tests|
|Course Fee||INR 2 to 4 Lacs in Public Institutes|
|INR 3 to 6 Lacs in Private Institutes|
- Many students in the world choose B.Tech Engineering because it is one of the popular courses in the world.
- Civil engineers play a significant role during various emergencies like natural disasters and drought.
- They help to recreate those areas that are affected during these disasters. Student prefers the course with an idea to get the best-paid job after the completion of a professional degree.
B.Tech Civil Engineering
Among all the disciplines in engineering, civil engineering is the oldest discipline all around the world. A few years back, B.tech civil engineering was one of the much-sought courses among Indian students. But, later it was sidelined since IT or software industry came up. But, in recent years, we can easily see the limelight flashing around Civil engineering courses since there is a need to develop India’s infrastructure.
This course covers a lot of details related to the civil engineering field. Students will conceive, build, design, and operate infrastructure projects. They also supervise, construct and maintain all kinds of infrastructure systems both in the public and private sectors. This may include buildings, roads, tunnels, airports, bridges, dams, and water supply systems and sewage systems. The course covers all the theoretical concepts and practical knowledge required for civil engineers.
|University||Approx Fees/year||For Admission|
|Sri Venkateswara Vedic University||2,00,000|
|Adikavi Nannaya University||1,50,000|
|Sri krishnadevaraya University||2,00,000|
|International Institute of Information Technology||1,75,000|
|Delhi Technological University||2,00,000|
Interested candidates who have completed 10+2 can apply for this undergraduate course. For getting admissions in B-tech civil engineering the minimum score should be 50% and the main subjects studied in 10+2 should be science subjects.
Students who have completed their diploma can directly apply for the second year of B-tech civil engineering. This is a lateral entry and they can skip the first year of the course.
Civil engineering is divided into three programs are as following:
Diploma courses may lead toward the “Polytechnic diploma” of about a 3-years duration.
UG courses leading to a bachelor of technology in civil engineering degree of about 4-years duration.
PG courses are leading toward a Master of technology degree of about 2-year time.
B TECH CIVIL ENGINEERING Admission Headline
|Full-form||Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering|
|Age||Between 17-23 years|
|Minimum percentage||Minimum 50% marks in F.sc|
|Subject required||Physics, chemistry, mathematics with computer science/biology|
|Average fees incurred||INR 40,500 t0 1.5 lakhs per year|
|Similar options of study||B.E (Bachelor of Engineering)|
|Average salary offered||In India, the average salary of B.Tech Civil engineers is 5.91 lakhs INR per year|
|Employment roles||· Civil Engineer|
|· Water resource Engineer|
|· Water resource engineer|
|· Environmental engineers|
|· Civil engineering technicians|
|· Structural engineer|
- Many entrance exams in India areconducted at both state and national levels. Among all of them “Jee Main” is the best entrance test.
- There are many institutions such as VIT University, SRM University and BITS Pilani universities that conduct their own entrance test.
In general, there are 200 questions and the timing of the test is two and a half hours. Some Exams to take admission in B.Tech Civil Engineering course are:
- The test is conducted by “CBSE” to get admission in different institutions like Delhi institute of technology, NITs, and IITs.
- The form of the entrance exams is available in November and December.
- The exam is conducted by “Cochin University of Science and Technology”.
- The student who wants to take admission in B.Tech programs must apply for this exam.
- Forms of the entrance exam are available in January and February.
- This exam is conducted to take admission in ISM and IITs.
- The exam is conducted under the guidance of the “Joint Admission Board” by seven zonal IITs.
Course Fees in India
In India, the average course fee incurred for B.Tech Civil Engineering is INR 40,500 to 1.5 lakhs per year.
Top 5 Best College in India
|College name||Location||Average fees in INR|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bombay||Bombay||INR 845,600|
|Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal||Manipal||INR 1,616,000|
|College of Engineering, Pune||Pune||INR 361,400|
|Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore||Bangalore||INR 372,424|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai||Chennai||INR 1,000,000|
|RV College of Engineering, Bangalore||Bangalore||INR 2,200,000|
|Lovely Professional University, Phagwara||Phagwara||INR 804,000|
B.Tech Civil Engineering Admission Process 2020
There are mainly three ways to get an entry into this course.
Entrance exam: students should write the entrance exam based on their preference. It can be a state-level or national level exam or entrance exam conducted by the private colleges. Based on their score they will get an entry in engineering college of their choice.
Direct Admission: Direct admission is also possible and for this students should go and check in colleges for management seats.
Direct Entry for diploma students: diploma students can apply directly to B-tech second year.
Syllabus and Course Description of B.Tech Civil Engineering
This course is well-structured and hence students will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of all different concepts and fields required for civil engineering. The course structure covers industry visits, practical, classroom lectures, and even summer internships.
In the first year, students will learn common subjects like any other engineering branch. The specializations will start in the second year. Some of the core subjects covered are fluid mechanics, geo-informatics, the strength of materials, building materials and construction, structural analysis, Geotechnical engineering, design of steel structure, transportation engineering, environmental engineering, and water resources engineering, and construction technology and management.
Course Preparation Tips
Some of the best preparation tips to clear entrance test exams for B.Tech Civil Engineering are:
Effective time management
- Effective time management is the focal point that should keep in mind.
- More emphasis on your weaker subjects.
- A student should have daily practice on different numerical problems.
- The better timetable should be made and follow it strictly with great diligence and dedication.
Enrolling in best coaching institute
- The coaching class is the best source for preparing the entrance exam.
- It helps the candidate to focus on his/her weaker points.
- It helps in both comprehension and practice of different topics.
- As we know that practice makes you perfect. So, the candidate should practice as well as revise the topic before the exam.
- It helps in reducing the unnecessary and unwanted pressure before exam day.
Knowledge of exam test pattern
- Knowledge of test patterns is essential.
- It is the basic step in preparing the exam well.
- The exam test pattern gives you the best understanding of syllabus and paper pattern.
Salary Packages in India
In India, both fresh and experienced B.Tech civil engineering gets the perfect salary package. In India, the average salary of B.Tech Civil engineers is 5.91 lakhs INR per year.
Types of Course Learning
Full-time learning (Morning + Evening)
- In this learning program, regular classes are conducted
- The duration of the course is 3-years with 6 semesters.
- Students need to complete their assignments and quizzes daily.
- Proper lecture delivers by the teachers and professors.
- Midterms, final terms exams are conducted
- The course also offers distance learning programs.
- Online assignments and quizzes are given to the students
- Indian university not offer This course.
- The admission to B.Tech Civil engineering is generally held through the entrance exam. Entrance exams are conducted on both state and national levels.
- Many institutes also offer merit-based admission.
The admission procedure for this course is:
- Engineering institutes that offer direct admission often have some criteria.
- They offer admission on merit-based in a qualifying exam like 10+2 or there may have some management seats that are reserved.
- The reserved seats often have a higher fee structure as compare to others.
- Many entrance exams in India held at both state and national levels.
- Different institutes also held their own entrance exams.
How to apply?
- The Candidates who seeking to get admission in B.Tech Civil engineering can apply via state test exam named “MH CET 2020“.
- Candidates can also apply on a basis of “JEE Main 2020″ scorecard.
- After the announcement of the result of the JEE main 2020, colleges accept the ranking of JEE main. They open the counseling portal for B.Tech admission.
- Students can also apply for counseling in many institutions
- The candidate also gives their own preferences about institutions and branches in which they want to get admission.
- After the announcement of the counseling exam, students pay their admission fees and enrolled in the program.
B.Tech Civil Engineering Career Prospects
Compared to other industries, the civil engineering industry has fewer opportunities. It is better to hunt for core engineering jobs if you are really interested in civil engineering. Official campus placements are the right option and along with that students need to create strong and professional networks. It is very important to create the best resume and they should do some impressive projects. Internships will definitely help students in securing some decent jobs in the civil engineering field.
There are thousands of companies from unique sectors who can employ civil engineers.
- Construction and design companies
- Transportation and real estate companies
- Power, energy and oil sectors
a) What do Civil engineers will do in the future?
These people are generally involved in building, constructing, designing, supervising and operating different projects in both the private and public sectors. They take projects like airports, systems for sewage and water supply treatment, etc.
b) Which foreign language will be beneficial for me as a civil engineer in the future?
It depends on the country you will go to in the future. The country’s language help to do your internship as well as gets different works.
c) Write the name of oil and energy power companies in India that hire civil engineering students?
- Schlumberger Inc. India
- Technip Inc. India
- Power Grid Inc. India
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th