BTech Civil Engineering Admіѕѕіоn 2021-22: Bachelor of Technology in Civil engineering is a UG engineering degree of 4-year duration. The student who passes a BSc degree is eligible to get admission to this course. Most of the admission in this course is made after conducting entrance tests at state and national levels.
BTech in Civil Engineering is three years degree program in which students will learn to design buildings, homes, bridges, etc. These courses are offered by different universities twice a year. Candidates interested in the civil engineering field can apply for registration within the given time.
BTech Civil Engineering is a professional course that incorporates arranging, planning, developing, managing, maintaining, and felicitating vital features of modern life, such as highways, caves, railroad tracks, and entomb. Many universities offer a BTech Civil Engineering program. After completing the program, students can get better career opportunities in various fields.
The mode of education for this degree is online, and the university will conduct the entry test through online mode. Those students who want to study online because of their issues can take advantage of this opportunity to get admission for this online mode. The last date to apply for registration for BTech Civil Engineering is August 2021.
- 18 October 2021: GD Goenka University, Gurugram, offers “B.Tech in Civil Engineering” program. Students looking for admission to this course can visit the university’s official website. For more details, click here.
- 18 October 2021: Sharda University, Greater Noida, invites application forms for admission to the “B.Tech in Civil Engineering” course. Students interested in opting for this program can visit the university’s official website. For more details, click here.
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
BTech Civil Engineering Highlights
|Course Name||BTech Civil Engineering|
|Full-form||Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering|
|Age||Between 17-23 years|
|Minimum percentage||Minimum 50% marks in F.sc|
|Subject required||Physics, chemistry, mathematics with computer science/biology|
|Average fees incurred||INR 40,500 to 1.5 lakhs per year|
|Similar options of study||B.E (Bachelor of Engineering)|
|The Average salary offered||In India, the average salary of BTech Civil engineers is 5.91 lakhs INR per year|
|Employment roles||Civil Engineer, Water resource engineer, Environmental engineers, Civil engineering technicians, Structural engineer|
BTech Civil Engineering Admіѕѕіоn 2021-22
It is one of the options to choose from completing 10+2. It is an undergraduate course of 4 years and students who have studied science subjects in 10+2 can apply for this course. Thousands of engineering colleges in India offer BTech Civil engineering courses, and students can get admissions based on the entrance examination. There are entrance tests conducted both at state and national levels.
This course is well-structured, and hence students will gain theoretical and practical knowledge of all different concepts and fields required for civil engineering. The course structure covers industry visits, practical, classroom lectures, and even summer internships.
Interested candidates who have completed 10+2 can apply for this undergraduate course. For getting admissions in B-Tech civil engineering, the minimum score should be 50%, and the main subjects studied in 10+2 should be science subjects.
Students who have completed their diplomas can directly apply for the second year of B-tech civil engineering. It is a lateral entry, and they can skip the first year of the course.
Civil Engineering is divided into three programs are as follows:
- Diploma Courses: Diploma courses may lead toward the “Polytechnic diploma” of about a 3-years duration.
- UG Courses: UG courses leading to a bachelor of technology in civil engineering degree of about 4-years duration.
- PG Courses: PG courses are leading toward a Master of technology degree of about 2-year time.
The average course fee incurred for BTech Civil Engineering is INR 40,500 to 1.5 lakhs per year in India.
BTech Civil Engineering Admission Process 2021
Among all the disciplines in engineering, civil engineering is the oldest discipline all around the world. A few years back, BTech civil engineering was one of the much-sought courses among Indian students. But, later, it was sidelined since the IT or software industry came up. But, in recent years, we can easily see the limelight flashing around Civil engineering courses since there is a need to develop India’s infrastructure.
This course covers a lot of details related to the civil engineering field. Students will conceive, build, design, and operate infrastructure projects. They also supervise, construct, and maintain all kinds of infrastructure systems in the public and private sectors. It may include buildings, roads, tunnels, airports, bridges, dams, water supply systems, and sewage systems. The course covers all the theoretical concepts and practical knowledge required for civil engineers.
There are mainly three ways to get an entry into this course.
- Entrance Exam: Students should write the entrance exam based on their preference. It can be a state-level or national-level exam or entrance exam conducted by private colleges. Based on their score, they will get an entry into the engineering college of their choice.
- Direct Admission: Direct admission is also possible, and for this, students should go and check in colleges for management seats.
- Direct Entry for Diploma Students: Diploma students can apply directly to B-tech second year.
How to Apply?
- The Candidates seeking to get admission to BTech Civil engineering can apply via a state test exam named “MH CET.”
- Candidates can also apply based on the “JEE Main 2021″ scorecard.
- After the announcement of the JEE main 2020, colleges accept the ranking of JEE main. They open the counseling portal for BTech admission.
- Students can also apply for counseling in many institutions.
- The candidate also gives their preferences about institutions and branches in which they want to get admission.
- After the announcement of the counseling exam, students paid their admission fees and enrolled in the program.
- Many students in the world choose BTech Engineering because it is one of the popular courses in the world.
- Civil engineers play a significant role during various emergencies like natural disasters and drought.
- They help to recreate those areas that are affected during these disasters. Student prefers the course with an idea to get the best-paid job after the completion of a professional degree.
- Many entrance exams in India are conducted at both state and national levels. Among all of them, “Jee Main” is the best entrance test.
- Many institutions such as VIT University, SRM University, and BITS Pilani universities conduct their entrance test.
- Different institutes also held their entrance exams.
There are 200 questions, and the test’s timing is two and a half hours. Some Exams to take admission in BTech Civil Engineering course are:
- The test is conducted by “CBSE” to get admission in different institutions like Delhi institute of technology, NITs, and IITs.
- The form of the entrance exams is available in November and December.
- The exam is conducted by “Cochin University of Science and Technology.”
- The student who wants to take admission in BTech programs must apply for this exam.
- Forms of the entrance exam are available in January and February.
Some Important Facts About BTech Civil Engineering
- It is one of the broadest and oldest engineering disciplines.
- It involves designing, planning, maintaining, and supervising different infrastructures like hospitals, sewage systems, water treatment, airport, and high-school facilities.
- The course also involves protecting environmental and public health.
- The market size of this course will be expected to grow to $17.72 trillion.
- In India, many colleges offer this course at both UG and PG levels.
Salary Packages In India
In India, both new and experienced BTech civil engineering get the perfect salary package. In India, the average salary of BTech Civil engineers is 5.91 lakhs INR per year.
BTech Civil Engineering Syllabus
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|Functions of Several Variables||Series and Matrices|
|Physics Lab. 1||Engg Mechanics|
|Physics I||Physics II|
|Life Skills I||Chemistry Lab.|
|Intro to Programming||Chemistry I|
|Intro to Civil Engg.||CE Materials and Construction|
|Engg. Drawing||Life Skills II|
|Ecology and Environment||–|
|Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|Math. 3||Structural Analysis|
|Transportation Engg. I||Transportation Engg. 2|
|Surveying||Science Electives (Maths/Physics/Chemistry)|
|Mechanics of Materials||Geotechnical Engg. 1|
|Hydraulic Engg.||Environmental Engg.|
|–||Humanities Elec. 1|
|Fifth Semester||Sixth Semester|
|Life Sciences||Basic Steel Design|
|Water Resources Engg.||Humanities Elective 2|
|Hydraulic & Environ. Engg. Lab.||Construction Project Management|
|Geotechnical Engg. 2||–|
|Construction Material Lab||–|
|Basic RC Design||–|
|Seventh Semester||Eighth Semester|
|Humanities Elective 3||Professional Ethics|
BTech Civil Engineering Top University & Fees
|University Name||Approx Fees/year||For Admission|
|Sri Venkateswara Vedic University||2,00,000|
|Adikavi Nannaya University||1,50,000|
|Sri krishnadevaraya University||2,00,000|
|International Institute of Information Technology||1,75,000|
|Delhi Technological University||2,00,000|
Course Preparation Tips
Some of the best preparation tips to clear entrance test exams for BTech Civil Engineering are:
- Effective time management is the focal point that should keep in mind.
- More emphasis on your weaker subjects.
- A student should have daily practice on different numerical problems.
- A better timetable should be made and follow strictly with great diligence and dedication.
Types of Course Learning
Full-Time learning (Morning + Evening)
- In this learning program, regular classes are conducted
- The duration of the course is 3-years with six semesters.
- Students need to complete their assignments and quizzes daily.
- Formal lecture delivers by the teachers and professors.
- Midterms, final terms exams are conducted.
- The course also offers distance learning programs.
- Online assignments and quizzes are given to the students
- Indian university does not offer This course.
Compared to other industries, the civil engineering industry has fewer opportunities. It is better to hunt for core engineering jobs if you are interested in civil engineering. Official campus placements are the right option, and along with that, students need to create strong and professional networks. It is very important to create the best resume, and they should do some impressive projects. Internships will help students in securing some decent jobs in the civil engineering field.
There are thousands of companies from unique sectors that can employ civil engineers.
- Construction and design companies
- Transportation and real estate companies
- Power, energy, and oil sectors
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. What do Civil engineers will do in the future?
Ans: These people are generally involved in building, constructing, designing, supervising, and operating different private and public sectors. They take projects like airports, systems for sewage and water supply treatment, etc.
Q. Which foreign language will be beneficial for me as a civil engineer in the future?
Ans: It depends on the country you will go to in the future. The country’s language help to do your internship as well as gets different works.
Q. Write the name of oil and energy power companies in India that hire civil engineering students?
- Schlumberger Inc. India
- Technip Inc. India
- Power Grid Inc. India
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th