B Tech Food Technology Admission 2021-22: B Tech Food Technology is an interesting field of the UG course. The Bachelor of Technology in Food Technology deals with the food sciences and food engineering. Several career options are available that can be opted for by the individual after completing this course. The course offers numerous job openings in various fields.
BTech Food Technology is a 4-year program that deals with the study of Food processing, preservation techniques, and the use of food engineering used in the food business to expand the shelf life. Many universities and colleges offer the B Tech Food Technology program. After completing this program, students can get better career opportunities in the Food Technology fields.
The nutrition and hygiene of foods are the burning issues of the present world. Nutrition and hygiene are of utmost importance for our bodies to sustain healthy growth and to prevent diseases. In our country, most of the food sources are polluted and unhygienic.
We need to distinguish between hygienic & unhygienic and polluted & unpolluted food. B.tech food technology is one of the degree programs that train the pupils to test food. Many institutes in our country employ field professionals. There is a vast demand for field professionals in our country and the whole world as well.
- 19 October 2021: MGM University, Maharastra, offers admission to the “B.Tech in Food Processing Technology” program. Students looking for admission to this course can visit the university’s official website. For more details, click here.
- 19 October 2021: RIMT University, Punjab, invites application forms for admission to the “B.Tech in Food Processing Technology” program. Students interested in opting for this course can visit the official website. For more details, click here.
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
B Tech Food Technology Highlights
|Course Name||B.Tech in Food Technology|
|Age||15 to 17 years|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Chemistry, Biology or mathematics|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 40,000 to 11 Lakh per annum|
|Similar Options of Study||BE. In Food Technology, Diploma in Food Technology|
|Average Salary Offered||INR two to six Lacs per year|
|Employment Roles||Process Engineer, Faculty. Lab technician, Production manager, Quality executive, Food scientist|
B Tech Food Technology Admission 2021-22
The course focuses on providing a basic understanding of the chemical balance of food and nutrition. The student should opt for this course because it gives a broad knowledge of raw materials and food products.
The student who can seek a career in the food-related industry can get admission to this course.
- The course is perfect for those students who have a better knowledge of science.
- The average salary package after finishing the course will range from 2 to 3.5 lakhs per annual.
- The top recruiters in the food technology field are Hatsun, Cadbury, and Venky.
- The admission procedure for B.Tech food technology is completely based on the result of the entrance examination.
- The candidate has to pass the JEE entrance exam to get admission to this course.
- The application procedure starts in November & ends in December.
- Counseling is the last stage of the admission process. In this process, the students usually choose a college.
- You can apply to this course both offline and online mode.
- You need to submit an admission form.
- Admission in the respective course is finalized based on entrance test exams.
- Minimum 50% marks in 10+2.
- 50% aggregate in mathematics, chemistry, and physics at 12th level.
The average fee incurred by the universities for the B Tech Food Technology course is INR 40,000 to 2 L per year.
Candidates can easily apply to the course based on previous qualifications. Some universities conduct entrance exams for admission. Some of the Food Technology entrance tests are:
Types of Course Learning
a) Regular Learning Course
- The course consists of 4-5 hours of classes regularly.
- The duration of the regular learning course is four years.
- The course consists of practical concepts.
- Regular courses with the submission of quizzes and assignments.
b) Distance Education
- The course consists of practical concepts, so distance education is not an excellent choice. Many universities offer to learn in regular mode in this course.
- Universities such as the “International institute of management and engineering” offer distance education in an online mode.
The Course Has The Following Key Factors
- The course offers the in-depth-knowledge of food packaging, storage, and processing, etc.
- The students, after the complete course, become technocrats and food scientists.
- The person who completed his 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks can apply for this course.
- The person must study physics, mathematics, and chemistry in a 10+2 degree.
- The course is of four duration programs divided into eight semesters.
- The tuition fee of the course is INR 40,000 to 1.2 lakhs.
Top Colleges For BTech Food Technology in India
|College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|Lovely professional university||Jalandhar||INR 5.49 L|
|BIT||Coimbatore||INR 1.60 L|
|JNU||Jaipur||INR 4.22 L|
|Amity University||Noida||INR 11.40 L|
|GJUST||Hisar||INR 2.20 L|
|BEST Innovative University||Anantapur||INR 3.36 L|
|University of Delhi||Delhi||IR 1 L|
BTech Food Technology Syllabus
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|Mathematics||Statistics and data analysis|
|Electrical engineering||Energy generation and conservation|
|Engineering graphics||Workshop practices|
|Village adoption||Village adoption|
|Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|Food and nutrition||Food microbiology and safety|
|Principles of food processing||Food engineering I|
|Food storage and transport engineering||The technology of milk products processing|
|Fruits processing technology||Food industrial economics|
|Computer programming||Environmental science|
|Fifth Semester||Sixth Semester|
|Instrumental method of food analysis||Food additives and ingredients|
|Food engineering II||Instrumentation and process control|
|Food packing technology||Meat, fish, and poultry product technology|
|Food biotechnology||Food laws, standards, and regulation|
|Cereals, pulses, and oilseeds technology||Food production trends and programs|
|–||Business plan development|
|Seventh Semester||Eighth Semester|
|Minor Project – I||Major Project|
|Concepts of Food Product Development||–|
|Career Planning Development||–|
Course Preparation Tips
Some of the useful course preparation tips are:
- The candidate should make a proper timetable and plan.
- Keep studying in advance to relieve stress.
- Referral to the past question paper to go through with the format of the question paper.
- Do lots of practice
- The candidate should have a strong grip on reasoning and analytical question.
- Start early planning to study well.
- Take the concept and then apply it in practical work
- They should have a better knowledge of exam patterns and entry tests.
- Better time management is compulsory
- Do neat and clean homework or assignments
- Try to consult with the teacher when any problem occurs
Salary Packages In India
The average salary offered by the public and the private institute is INR 4.25 Lakhs per year. Students can learn and gain tremendous experience to get a perfect job after the B Tech Food Technology course. Some of the job opportunities in B.Tech, Food technology are:
a) Process Control Engineer
They get an average salary of INR 453,443 per annum.
b) Food Scientist
The average salary of a food scientist is INR 500,000 to 640,000 per year.
c) Food technologist
The average salary of a food technologist is INR 2 to 3 lakhs per annum
d) Quality engineers
The average salary of quality engineers is INR 498,002 per year.
- The fresh graduate of this course usually gets 1 to 1.5 lakhs per year.
- The experienced individual in this field get 2.5 to 4 lakhs per year,
- Many industries offer 6 to 10 lakh per annual.
- So, we can say that you can get higher remuneration after getting a huge experience.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1) What are the jobs available after B.Tech food engineering?
Ans: Some of the jobs available after the B.Tech Food Engineering course are:
- Process Engineer
- Lab technician
- Production manager
- Business development executive
- Quality executive
- Food scientist
Q2) Is B.Tech Food engineering is the best career option?
Ans: Yes, B.Tech Food technology is the best branch of applied science. If you want to get a better career in this field, then you need significant education.
Q3) Is food engineering is similar to food technology?
Ans: No, both courses are different from each other. The difference between both concerns the study content.
Q4) Is Maths is compulsory to take admission in this course?
Ans: No. Many institutions give admission to an individual having a PCB background. But it is important to have a mathematical background if someone wants to go for a technological sector.
Q5) Why is B.Tech distance learning is not a good option?
Ans: Since B.Tech courses generally based on practical concepts, so that’s why distance education is not a better option. Most universities only offer regular classes. Some colleges offer distance education in this course.
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th