BA Geography Admission 2021-22 | Eligibility, Scope, Syllabus: It is an undergraduate course. The total time of the degree is for two years. The basic requirement for the Degree Program is at least inter (12 years) education. Geography is one of the eldest subjects in the history of mankind. Nowadays its importance has been increasing day by day. The information on Geography has been helpful in the difficulties of climatic environments. It deals with the problems of overpopulation. It helps to rectify, the effects of diverse social mixing. It also relates to problems in the natural calamity.
The BA in Geography is a 03 year UG course in the Arts stream. The course deals with the study of the earth and its environments.
The BA Geography program revolves around the study of climate, soil properties, and earth plantations. This course’s syllabus is divided into 06 semesters, and it contains subjects such as Maps and scales, Maps projection, Economics geography, and Human geography, etc.
- Have you completed the education of class 10+2? If yes, you are eligible to get admission to the BA Geography program. For applying in this course, he/she must possess the 50% marks in class 12th. Many institutes in India offer BA Geography every year.
- The admission process of BA Geography is based on entrance exam score and merit of 10+2 class. The entrance exams conducted for BA Geography are BHU UET, JNUEE, NIMCET, CUET, and CUCET. Applications for BA in Geography applied in online and offline modes.
- The BA Geography course average academic cost is starting from INR 3000 to 1.5 lac. That is the cheapest and affordable.
Job Areas: The graduates of BA Geography can make their career in TV Publishing, Production House, Journalism, and Public relations, etc. They can perform the role in these companies as Land Analyst, Coastal Zone Manager, and Demographer, etc.
The BA Geography professional can get an average salary starting from INR 03 LPA to 06 LPA.
After BA Geography graduation, the higher study is MA Geology, MA, Geography, and MA Disaster Management.
BA Geography Admission 2021-22
- Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya
- Hidayatullah National Law University
- ICFAI University
- International Institute of Information Technology
- ISBM University
- Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya
- Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya
- ITM University
- K.K.Modi University
- Kushabhau Thakre Patrakarita Avam Jansanchar Vishwavidyalaya
What is BA Geography?
BA geography majorly divided over two main branches. One is Physical Geography and the other one is Human Geography. The first one deals with Earth’s physical resources and process. And the second one is human geography. It is related to social issues. This study developed some practices of developing maps. Moves dealing with data. It creates analyzing techniques. How we can use the numerical plotting. This helps to raise strategies concerning improved usage of natural resources.
- Should have 12 years of Education with at least 45% marks
- Should be able to pass the entry test of the university
BA Geography Admission Process 2021-22
The admission process shall be in two steps. The first level is based on subject-based testing. And after qualifying the test. The interview shall be called. The final list shall be displayed based on the following criteria.
• 30% of previous marks (matric+inter)
• 40% test performance and 30 % interview-based
• 70% is for open merit and 30% for other reserved quotas.
BA Geography University Fees 2021-22
|O.P. Jindal University||3 years||83430|
|Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University||3 years||83675|
|Pt. Sundarlal Sharma (Open) University||3 years||83920|
|Sant Gahira Guru Vishwavidyalaya (formerly Sarguja University)||3 years||84165|
|Shri Rawatpura Sarkar University||3 years||84410|
|Goa University||3 years||84655|
|Ahmedabad University||3 years||84900|
BA Geography 2021-22 Syllabus
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Geomorphology||Analytical Physical Geography|
|Geography of Population||Thematic Cartography|
|Concurrent – Qualifying Language||Oceanography|
|Climatology||Geography of Settlements|
|Cartographic Techniques||Concurrent – Credit Language|
|SEMESTER III||SEMESTER IV|
|Economic Geography||Geography of Natural Resources|
|Urban Geography||Spatial Dimensions of Development|
|Remote sensing||Statistical methods in geography|
|Environmental Geography||Geography of India|
|Concurrent – Interdisciplinary||Concurrent – Discipline Centred I|
|SEMESTER V||SEMESTER VI|
|Evolution of Geographical Thought||Disaster Management|
|Social Geography||Rural development|
|Field Techniques||Regional planning|
|Agricultural Geography||Geography of tourism|
|Biogeography||Geographical Information System|
|Political geography||Contemporary environmental issues|
|–||Concurrent – Discipline Centred II|
You can easily avail jobs as a
- land surveyor
- land manager
- data analysts
- And many other options available in this field. A geography degree allows you to leave on a profession in a scope of fields. Incorporating those in training and business. It also affects the industry. It provides help in the transport sector. It provides a guide in the travel industry. You’ll additionally have numerous portable skills. Pulling in managers from the Business Law and the accounting sector.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Q. Is there any age limit for admission to this graduate program?
Ans. There is no age limit.
Q. Is there any specification of subjects for admission?
Ans. No, there is no specification of subjects, any student can take admission in this scheme.
Q.If any student has more than five years gap after inter, would he be eligible for admission?
Ans. Yes, but he or she has to provide a character certificate at the time of admission.
- 17 Oct 2020 : Delhi University [ DU ] 2nd Cut Off College-wise List 2020-21 Announcing Admission Process
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2020-21||College Admission Fee 2020-21|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th