BA Philosophy Admission 2021-22: BA Philosophy is an arts discipline-related course. This UG course is of the 03 years duration, which is comprised of six semesters. Philosophy is concerned with the fundamentals and problems related to the reasons, values, knowledge, mind, existence, and language in lives. It gives you an understanding of experiences versus reality. Ethics, religion, logic, and politics are some of the main subjects in this course.
There are many streams where BA Philosophy holders can advance their careers, such as Health Professions, Science, Information Technology, Federal/State/Local government, Law, and other areas. They can also perform their jobs as philosophers, lecturers, or professors.
BA Philosophy is full-time and is available in most of India’s institutes in Distance learning mode. Further such candidates can get advanced studies in MA Philosophy.
BA Philosophy Highlights
|Course Name||BA Philosophy|
|Number of Universities||Over 250|
|Number of students enrolled in Arts Programs||50 lac|
|Eligibility for the program||10+2 examination with English|
|Duration of the program||3 years|
|Average Tuition Fee||5,000 INR – 2,00,000 INR|
|Average Salary (per month)||INR 20000 to INR 15 lacs|
BA Philosophy Admission 2021-22
BA Philosophy is an undergraduate Philosophy course for 3 years. Various universities and colleges in India offer the course. Based on the entrance exam result and merit list. After 12 classes, candidates can get admission.
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
- 10+2 qualification is a mandatory requirement to be fulfilled by the applicants of BA Philosophy.
- The admission process of BAP is purely based on merit and the marks obtained in the entrance exams.
- The BA Philosophy entrance exams are AAT, GATA, Patna University Entrance Exam, GVSAT, and MUEE.
- The BA Philosophy students pay a fee amount of 5000 to 02 lacs for the complete course. The fee is varying in different universities and colleges of India.
The 10+2 qualification is a required prerequisite for BA Philosophy candidates.
AAT, GATA, Patna University Admission Exam, GVSAT, & MUEE are the BA Philosophy entrance examinations.
BA Philosophy is a full-time programme that is accessible at most Indian universities via distance learning.
The year-wise income that the graduates of BA Philosophy in practical fields can get ranges from INR 20000 to INR 15 lacs. However, the salary can be increased with experience.
These candidates’ job profiles are Poet, Mediator, Novelist, Public Relation Journalist, and Non-Fiction Writer.
How is BA Philosophy Course Beneficial?
- The course opens the door to various job opportunities in the Philosophy language and other related jobs.
- They can also find employment in advertising, marketing, public relations agencies, investment banks, law firms, charities, publishing firms, recruitment agencies.
- Interested candidates can go for the higher degree program in respective subjects like master and then research work.
- They can also join schools and colleges as a teacher and lecturer after getting required degrees.
BA Philosophy Suitability
- Students who are interested in Philosophy are a good suit for the program.
- They should have skills such as well critical and analytical skills, interpretative skills, and listening skills.
- They must be aware of developing an argument, presenting the pros and cons of an idea, and they must have the ability to understand the human mind efficiently.
- They are required to have excellent communication and presentation skills, prioritize work and meet deadlines, adaptability, etc.
Top University & Fees
|Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University||3 years||25425|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada||3 years||24350|
|Gauhati University||3 years||25400|
|Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University||3 years||24200|
|Dibrugarh University||3 years||25375|
|Cotton College State University||3 years||25325|
|Central Institute of Technology(CIT)||3 years||25350|
BA Philosophy Colleges List
- National Brain Research Centre
- National Dairy Research Institute
- National Institute of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship & Management
- NIILM University
- Om Sterling Global University
- O.P. Jindal Global University
- PDM University
- Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University
- SRM University
- Starex University
- State University of Performing and Visual Arts
- The Northcap University
List of Colleges & Fees
|Periyar University||3 years||17000|
|Mumbai university||3 years||16000|
|Madurai Kamraj University||3 years||16000|
|Kerala university||3 years||21000|
|Kalinga University||3 years||15000|
|Bharathiar university||3 years||20000|
|Annamalai university||3 years||19000|
|Anna University||3 years||18000|
|Andhra university||3 years||22000|
|Alagappa university||3 years||15000|
BA Philosophy Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Basic Logical Concepts||The fundamental Questions of Ethics|
|Traditional Logic||Virtue Ethics : Aristotle|
|Symbolic Logic||Nishkama Karma (Bhagavadgita)|
|Informal Fallacies||Non-Violence (M.K. Gandhi)|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Indian Philosophy||Western Philosophy|
|IInductive Logic||Plato : Knowledge and Opinion|
|Logic||Spinoza : Substance|
|Theories of Causation||Leibnitz : Theory of Monads|
|Theories of Reality||Hume : Theory of Causation|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Indian Logic and Epistemology||Vedic System of Values|
|Philosophy of Language, Epistemology and Metaphysics (Western)||Concept of Man and Humanity|
|Ethics and Philosophy of Religion||Purusharthas|
|Optional Paper||Nature of Svadharma|
|Karma and Rebirth||Varnashrama Dharma|
- Content Writing
- Academic Institutes
- Editing and Publishing Houses
- Philosophical Research Centres
- Publication Houses
- Religious Study Centres
- Novelist, Non-fiction Writer or Poet
- Technical Writer
- Teacher & Lecturer
- Customer Support Associate
- Public Relation Journalist
- Mediator (to settle disputes between unions and corporations)
BA Course Specialization, Eligibility & Fees
|BA Fine Arts||12th||3 years||Rs 27475|
|BA (Visual Communication)||12th||3 years||Rs 27650|
|BA (Hindi)||12th||3 years||Rs 27528|
|BA (Geography)||12th||3 Years||Rs 27628|
|BA (Home Management)||12th||3 years||Rs 27700|
|BA (Economics)||12th||3 years||Rs 27750|
|BA (Hons) (Event Management)||12th||3 Years||Rs 27775|
|BA (Ancient Indian History & Archaeology)||12th||3 years||Rs 27775|
|BA (Home Science)||12th||3 years||Rs 27850|
|BA (English)||12th||3 Years||Rs 27475|
|BA (Public Relations)||12th||3 Years||Rs 27600|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th