BA (Political Science)
Online / Offline
UGC / DEB
BA Political Science Distance Education is an undergraduate program offered by many university/institute. The program provides ideas regarding How to interpret and analyze the system of politics. This program includes the study of International & National Both types of political science. The program covers the many fields such as- Public Administration, Political science, Procedure and politics of the government, public affairs and international affairs. After completion, the program students have many options, either they can continue their higher education in MA political science, or they can moe for the job.
BA Political Science Distance Education
In the program, students can take admission through online & offline both types. We, mention here both types of the admission process.
Online admission procedure:
- Firstly students need to move on the university/college website link.
- On the website link, the application form will be available.
- On the application form fill the all-important details as required.
- After filling all details check it properly and attach the required documents.
- After completing the all process click on the submit button.
Offline admission procedure:
- For admission in offline mode, candidates need to visit on the University/College website.
- Through official website download the application form and take a print out.
- In the given blank box fill details as required.
- Attach the all required documents, and make a demand draft in favor of university/college.
- Submit the application form through courier and another medium at the university/college campus.
The duration of the BA in Political Science is 3-year.
- Minimum required qualification: Candidates must have 12th (higher secondary class)from any recognized board.
- Minimum required marks: For the general category students minimum marks score is 50% and for the SC/St students, the minimum mark is 45%.
BA political science: Books
Government and Politics in India.
Political Science Theory by N D Arora (Tata McGraw Hill).
Political Theory: An Introduction by Bhargava, Rajeev, and Ashok Acharya.
Political Theory by D.C.Bhattacharyya.
Government and Politics in East and South East Asia.
Modern Indian Political Thought.
Narain’s Political Science Theory by S.N.Dube.
BA Political Science Syllabus
(Option I): Indian Constitution
- Indian Constitution-Sources and Features, Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties and Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Union Executive – President, Vice-President, Prime Minister, Council of Ministers; State Executive- Governor, Chief Minister and Council of Ministers.
- Union Legislature – Parliament-Composition and Functions; Speaker of Lok Sabha Amendment Process; State Legislature -Vidhan Sabha; Panchayati Raj Institutions-History, Basic Features, and 73rd Amendment.
- Judiciary-Supreme Court, High Courts, Judicial Review and Judicial Activism.
(Option II): Principles of Political Science
- Political Science: Definition, Nature & Scope; Relation of Political Science with the Social Sciences, Traditional approaches to the study of Political Science.
- State: Definition, Elements, Relations with the other organization, Theories of the Origin of State.
- Sovereignty: Monist & Pluralist; Concept of Welfare State, Liberty, Equality, Rights & Justice.
- Theory & Practice of Govt.: Organs of Government and their relationship, Operational dynamics – Political Parties, Pressure Groups, and Bureaucracy.
(Option-I): Indian Politics
- Federalism and it’s Working with reference to Centre-State Relations, Demand for State Autonomy; Emerging Trends in Indian Federalism.
- Election Commission, Electoral Process and its Defects and Voting Behaviour, Electoral Reforms, Problem of Defection.
- Party System in India: National and Regional Political Parties, Interest and Pressure Groups.
- Role of Caste, Religion, Language, Regionalism in India, Politics of Reservation, Emerging Trends and Challenges Before Indian Political System.
(Option II): Contemporary Political Science
- Modern concerns of Political Science, Behaviourism and Post-Behaviourism.
- Political Theory: Definition, Scope, Nature, Characteristics, and Decline & Resurgence of Political Theory.
- Political Socialization, Political Culture, Ideology, and End of Ideology.
- Post-Modernism, Feminism, Environmentalism, RTI and Consumer Welfare.
(Option I): Western Political Thinkers I
- Plato & Aristotle
- St. Augustine and Machiavelli
- Hobbes, Locke & Rousseau
- Bentham and J.S. Mill
(Option II): Indian Political Thinkers I
- Raja Ram Mohan Ray & Swami Dayanand
- Dada Bhai Narojee & Gopal Krishan Gokhale
- Swami Vivekanand & Arvind Ghosh
- Lala Lajpat Rai & Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(Option I): Western Political Thinkers II
- Hegal and Karl Marx
- Lenin and Mao-Tse-Tung
- GDH Cole and Harold Laski
- John Rowls and Robert Nozik
Option II: Indian Political Thinkers II
- J.P. Narayan & Ram Manohar Lohia
- Mahatma Gandhi & M.N, Roy
- Jawaharlal Nehru & B, R, Ambedkar
- Subhash Chander Bose & Bhagat Singh
(Option I): Comparative Politics (Theory)
- Comparative Politics-Definition, Scope; Traditional & Modern Concerns; Comparative Methods
- Approaches to the Study of Comparative Politics: Input-Out (David Easton), Structural- Function (G. Almond), Political Development (Lucian W. Pye), Political Culture (G. Almond)
- Constitutionalism: History, Nature, Type, and Problem in Modern Times
- Constitutional Structure: (a) Formal-Executive, Legislation and Judiciary, (b) Informal Structures– Political Parties and Pressure Groups
(Option II): International Relations (Theory)
- Definition, Nature, Scope, and Development of the International Relations; and Autonomy Debate regarding International Relations
- Approaches to the Study of International Relations: Idealist, Realist; System and Marxist- Leninist
- National Power: Definition, Elements & Assessment; Limitation of Power: International Law, International Morality and World Public Opinion
- Major Concepts: Balance of Power, Collective Security, Environmentalism and Globalisation.
(Option I): Comparative Constitutions of UK & USA
- Evolution, Conventions, Legacies and Basic features of Constitutions of UK & USA; Socio-Economic basis of Constitutions of UK & USA
- Comparative Study of Executive, Legislation and Judiciary System of UK & USA
- Comparative studies of Structures, Functions, and roles of political parties and pressure groups of UK & USA
- Electoral Processes, Voting Behaviour, Bureaucracy and Recent Trends of the working of the systems of UK & USA.
Option II: International Organization
- Evolution and Growth of International Organization: League & UN System. Comparison between League and UN Systems
- Organs of the United Nations
- Working of UN towards Peace: Peace-Making, Peace-Enforcement, Peace-Building and Peace- Keeping
- UN & Disarmament; Democratization of UN and India’s Claim for Permanent Seat; and Assessment of UN
BA Political Science Employment Areas
- Colleges and Universities
- Government Agencies
- Public Relations Departments
- Intelligence Wings
- Publishing Houses
- Consulting Firms
- Law Firms
- Social Work Organisations
- Research Organisations
- Public Policy Organisations
- United Nations (UN) and its Agencies
BA Political Science Job Types
International Research Specialist
Labour Relations Specialist
Public Affairs Research Analyst
Corporation Legislative Issues Manager
Public Opinion Analyst