BA Sociology Admission 2020, Eligibility, Syllabus, Scope : BA Sociology is a 3 -year program. It is an undergraduate program. The program is for those that have completed their 10+2. They can be of any stream. Though the BA programs are for art students. Anybody can opt for them. It is both an Honors program and a course. It makes one eligible for further Masters degrees. One will have sufficient knowledge after this course. The syllabus would be covering all aspects of Sociology.
What is the BA Sociology And Eligibility?
BA Sociology is about the social science of Sociology. It deals with human conduct in a community. It is the study of society. The part of sociology is that it deals also with science. It does not rely on reason but proofs.
Sociology teaches how things happen in society. It also covers why and what happens in a society. The different types of societies are taught here. While the subject also covers human behaviour in society. It also looks at society’s prosperity.
|Name of the course||Bachelor of Arts [BA] (Sociology)|
|Examination Type||Semester / Year System|
|Eligibility||Pass in 10+2|
|Admission Process||As Per University|
|Average Course Fee||INR 5K to 3 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 – 8 Lacs|
BA Sociology Admission Eligibility
- To be eligible for BA Sociology, one has to:
- Pass their 10+2 from a recognizable board
- They must have merit aggregate score (50%)
- They must have proper documents for admission
- They must clear their entrance exam
Top Universities For Admission
|Universities||Approx Fees/Year||For Admission|
|Krishnaguru Adhyatmik Visvavidyalaya||30000|
|Dr. C. V. Raman University||25000|
|Gopal Narayan Singh University||30000|
BA Sociology Admission Process 2020
The Bachelor of Arts in Sociology admission is based on merit or quota. The merit has to be met. Colleges may differ in merit criteria. The merit should be 10+2. It must be from a recognizable board. The student can be from any stream. Colleges prefer students from the arts stream for this course.
Basic merit is to have a minimum of 50% aggregate. For quota students, merit is reduced. They have to secure only 45%. Further students must fulfil all documentation requirements. They might also go through personal interviews.
BA Sociology Syllabus and Course Description
- The syllabus for sociology is all about the course. Sociology covers topics of Economic Sociology, Sociology of Mass Media, etc.
- They may also have Social Anthropology, Sociology of Indian Society, etc,
- The necessary subjects may have Introducing Sociology, Body, Culture and Cultural Contestations, etc.
- They may also have Life Skill Education, Social Psychology, etc.
Career Prospects in BA Sociology
- The employment chances are vast in this field. Students can gain jobs of their preference.
- The students may find jobs in private or public sectors.
- They also get high pay. Their package is sufficient.
- Their posts are mainly basic and middle-level jobs.
- They may get jobs in educational sectors, the financial sector, etc.
- They may also find jobs in public sectors, healthcare sectors, etc.
BA Sociology Admission Fees
|University of Calicut||1127|
|St. Xavier’s College||5500|
|Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar University||10000|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women||19390|
|Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University||1137|
|St. Francis Degree College for Women||95000|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th