B.H.M. or Bachelor of Hotel Management is an undergraduate Management course. Students learn various methodologies and technologies related to manage and understand hotel operations. This course is designed to give the students expertise in managing and establishing coordination of various departments in hotels and restaurants. The course has no fixed duration. Some colleges offer it as a 3-year course while some offer it for 4 years duration.
The course gives the students in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire the required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of food production, food and beverage service, catering, front office operation, and housekeeping.
Bachelor of Hotel Management Eligibility
- The desired candidates should complete their 10+2/intermediate/HSC(Higher secondary class) or its equivalent exam in Science stream with Hotel Management and Cater as one of the subjects.
Bachelor of Hotel Management Syllabus:
The syllabus of the program is given as follows:
|Year I (Sem. I)|
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Foundation Course in Food Production I|
|2||Foundation Course in Food & Beverage Service I|
|3||Foundation Course in Front Office – I|
|4||Foundation Course in Accommodation Operations I|
|5||Application of Computers|
|7||Principles of Food Science|
|1||Foundation Course in Food Production II|
|2||Foundation Course in Food & Beverage Service II|
|3||Foundation Course in Front Office II|
|4||Foundation Course in Accommodation Operations II|
|Foundation Course in Tourism|
|1||Food Production Operations|
|2||Food & Beverage Operations|
|3||Front Office Operations|
|5||Food & Beverage Controls|
|7||Food Safety & Quality|
|2||Management in Tourism|
|3||Communications Skills in English|
|4||Human Resource Management|
|1||Advanced Food Production Operations|
|2||Advanced Food & Beverage Operations|
|3||Front Office Management|
|5||Food & Beverage Management|
Bachelor of Hotel Management Colleges
- ITM University – Gurgaon, Gurgaon
- C.T. Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Jalandhar
- Chef College of Hotel Management, Hyderabad
Bachelor of Hotel Management Course Suitability
- The course is suitable for candidates who have leadership qualities and the ability to work in pressure.
- They should have good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
How is Bachelor of Hotel Management Course Beneficial?
- They can go for the further higher degree programs in the relevant subjects.
- The course is beneficial for those candidates who are interested to opt teaching profession.
- They can start their own hotel business or assists existing family business.
Bachelor of Hotel Management Employment Areas
- Cruise Lines/Ships
- Academic Institutions
- Tourism Development Corporations
Bachelor of Hotel Management Job Types
- Customer Service Executive
- Cabin Crew
- Hospitality Executive
- Catering Officer
- Marketing/Sales Executive
- Kitchen Management
- Hospitality Executive
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th