B.Pharm. or Bachelor of Pharmacy is an undergraduate Pharmacy course. Pharmacy is the branch of the science that studies the methods, techniques, and science of preparing and dispensing drugs and medicines. the course provides valuable education in the health care and biochemical science. Students who are interested in the medical field can choose this course, for those students, this is a good option. Here Candidate can Get depth course details about Bachelor of Pharmacy.
The curricula of the program comprise regular classroom study and various experimental works and projects. The candidates learn different chemical responses occurring in the human and other living entities resulted due to the interaction of chemicals with those organisms. The duration, of the course, is four years. The complete syllabus of the program is covered in 8 semesters.
After completed course candidate can make the career n the field of R and D, Manufacturing, quality control, packaging and much more career option is there.
Bachelor of Pharmacy Eligibility
- Those candidates who have passed their Intermediate or H.S.C. (12th class) examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Maths (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) or Physics, Chemistry, Maths & Biology as subjects are eligible for the course.
- The percentage criteria may vary depending upon the institutes. Generally, Students having 50% marks in Intermediate or H.S.C. (12th class) examination are eligible.
The candidates have to undergo entrance test conducted by institutes offering the courses some of such exams are as follows:
- GPAT – Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test
- MHT-CET – Maharashtra Common Entrance Test
- GCET – Goa Common Entrance Test
- BHU B Pharma Entrance Exam
Bachelor of Pharmacy Syllabus
The syllabus of the program is given as follows:
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Pharmaceutical Analysis I|
|2||Remedial Mathematical Biology|
|4||Pharmaceutical Chemistry I (Inorganic Pharmaceutical Chemistry)|
|5||Basic Electronics & Computer Applications|
|1||Pharmaceutics I (Physical Pharmacy)|
|3||Pharmaceutical Chemistry II (Physical Chemistry)|
|4||Pharmaceutical Chemistry III (Organic Chemistry I)|
|5||Anatomy, Physiology & Health Education (APHE) I|
|1||Pharmaceutics II (Unit Operations I, including Engg. Drawing)|
|2||Pharmaceutical Chemistry IV (Organic Chemistry II)|
|4||Pharmaceutical Analysis II|
|1||Pharmaceutics – III (Unit Operations II)|
|4||Pathophysiology of Common Diseases|
|5||Pharmaceutics IV (Dispensing & Community Pharmacy)|
|1||Pharmaceutical Chemistry – V (Biochemistry)’|
|2||Pharmaceutics V (Pharmaceutical Technology I)|
|5||Pharmaceutics VI (Hospital Pharmacy)|
|1||Pharmaceutical Chemistry (Medicinal Chemistry I)|
|2||Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence & Ethics|
|3||Pharmaceutics VII (Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics)|
|5||Pharmacognosy V (Chemistry of Natural Products)|
(Pharmaceutical Technology II
|3||Pharmaceutical Industrial Management|
|5||Pharmaceutical Chemistry VII (Medicinal Chemistry II)|
|2||Pharmaceutical Analysis III|
|3||Pharmaceutical Chemistry VIII (Medicinal Chemistry III)|
|5||Pharmacology IV (Clinical Pharmacy & Drug Interactions)|
|6||Project related to Elective|
Bachelor of Pharmacy Colleges
- Banaras Hindu University – BHU, Varanasi
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research – DIPSR, New Delhi
- Jamia Hamdard University, Delhi
- Bombay College of Pharmacy – BCP, Mumbai
Bachelor of Pharmacy Course Suitability
- Those who have a good knowledge of biology and chemistry are suitable for the course.
- Candidates willing for Master’s Degree and then for further research work can go for it.
- If the candidates want to become a teacher and professor in the very subject can pursue the course.
- They are expected to have knowledge of the pharma industry and the updates about it.
How is Bachelor of Pharmacy Course Beneficial?
- The course is helpful in developing practical knowledge about drugs and its usage.
- This course is beneficial for those who want to go into the teaching profession in the field of pharma.
- The degree course enables the applicants to start his/her own Pharmacy or Chemist Shop to stock and sell medicines after registration with the State Pharmacy Council.
Bachelor of Pharmacy Employment Areas
- Food and Drug Administration
- Drug Control Administration
- Chemist Shop
- Educational Institutes
- Medical Dispensing Store
- Health Centres
- Research Agencies
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Sales and Marketing Department
Bachelor of Pharmacy Job Types
- Chemical/Drug Technician
- Analytical Chemist
- Research Officer
- Health Inspector
- Customs Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Therapist
- Data Manager
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Regulatory Manager
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th