BE Computer Science is an undergraduate Computer Engineering course. Computer engineering is the study of the hardware and software aspects of both computer design and computer applications.
The course helps students to develop skills relating to the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of computing hardware and software. After pursuing the course the candidates become eligible to design and developing software, get command over the programming languages and coding.
The study materials include Digital Electronics, Analysis Design of Algorithm, Microprocessor, O.S, Programming languages, Computer Networks, DBMS, System software, Cryptography and network security, mobile communications etc. The duration of the course is four years and the syllabus of the program is divided into eight semesters.
The admission of the BE computer science is based on the merit list and entrance exam result. After completing the BE computer science course, candidates may get opportunities in areas such as Telecommunication Companies, Colleges and Universities, Manufacturing Companies, Financial Services, Aerospace and Defense, Healthcare Sector, Agricultural Sector, Retail Sector, etc.
BE Computer Science Eligibility
- Those candidates who have passed their Intermediate or H.S.C. (12th class) examination from a recognized board in the mathematics stream are eligible for the course.
- Some of the very reputed universities and colleges conduct entrance examination for admission to the degree course.
BE Computer Science Syllabus
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
Here students can check the Syllabus of Computer Science as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|Subjects of Study||Practical|
|English||Engineering Physics/Engineering Chemistry Lab|
|Engineering Mathematics I||Computer Programming Lab|
|Engineering Physics/Engineering Chemistry||Practical Geometry|
|Computer Systems & Programming||Workshop Practice|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Electrical & Electronics Lab|
|Engineering Mathematics II||Engineering Chemistry/Engineering Physics|
|Engineering Chemistry/Engineering Physics||Environmental Engineering Lab|
|Engineering Mechanics||Machine Drawing|
|Mechanical Engineering||Discipline & Extracurricular Activities|
|Environmental Studies& Disaster Management|
|Engineering Mathematics III||Practical|
|Digital Electronics||Digital Electronics Lab.|
|Electronics Circuits||Electronic Circuits Lab.|
|Discrete Structures||Object-Oriented Programming Lab.|
|Object-Oriented Programming||Data Structure Lab.|
|Data Structures||Computer Applications Lab|
|Principles of Programming Languages||Communication Engineering Lab.|
|Computer Organization & Architecture||Programming Laboratory|
|Database & File Systems||Computer Organizing & Architecture Lab.|
|Engineering Management & Economics||Database &File System Lab.|
|System Software||System Software Lab|
|Discipline & Extracurricular Activities|
|Microprocessor and Interfaces||Software Engineering Lab|
|Computer Graphics||E-Commerce Lab|
|Telecommunication Fundamentals||Computer Graphics Lab|
|Logical & Functional Programming||Discipline & Extracurricular Activities|
|Information Theory and Coding|
|Computer Networks||Shell Programming Lab|
|Design & Analysis of Algorithms||Network lab|
|Embedded Systems||Web Programming lab|
|Theory Of Computation||Microcontroller lab|
|Digital Signal Processing||Entrepreneurship Development|
|Advanced Software Engineering||Discipline &Extracurricular Activities|
|Microwave and Satellite Communication|
|Data Mining And Ware Housing||Compiler Design Lab|
|Logic Synthesis||Data Mining And Ware Housing Lab|
|Artificial Intelligence||Logic Synthesis Lab|
|Multimedia Systems||Project Stage I|
|Service-Oriented Architectures||Practical Training Seminar|
|Optical Communication||Discipline & Extracurricular Activities|
|Information System and Securities||Practical|
|CAD FOR VLSI Design||Information System and Securities Lab|
|Advanced Computer Architectures||VLSI Design Lab|
|Distributed Systems||X-Windows Programming Lab|
|Image Processing||Project Stage II|
|Natural Language Processing||Seminar Presentation|
|Discipline & Extracurricular Activities|
BE Computer Science Colleges
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
- Jayaprakash Narayan College of Engineering, Mahbubnagar
- Goa College of Engineering, North Goa
- Birla Institute of Technology – BIT Ranchi, Ranchi
BE Computer Science Course Suitability
- The candidates should have good communication skills, analytical mind, ability to handle the data, decision-making ability.
- Those who want to go for the teaching fields at a higher degree level and then want to become lecturer/professor are suitable for it.
- They should be good in computer languages, the hardware architecture of the computer systems, and operating systems and their operations.
How is BE Computer Science Course Beneficial?
- The candidates who are interested in the computer systems their software and hardware operations and want to excel in it are most suitable for the course.
- This course provides the candidates with a good base for further study programs in respective subjects like M.Tech., M.Phil. & PhD.
- There are numerous job opportunities for the candidates after the successful completion of the course as the demand for the computer engineer in an organization is never-ending.
BE Computer Science Employment Areas
- Financial Services
- Colleges & Universities
- Manufacturing Companies
- Agricultural Sector
- Aerospace and Defence
- Healthcare Sector
- Telecommunication Companies
- Retail Sector
BE Computer Science Job Types
- System Database Administrator
- Research Associate
- Application Consultant
- Research Assistant
- Research Analyst
- Computer Operator
- Teacher & Lecturer
Be the first to leave a review.