BE Metallurgical Engineering is an undergraduate Metallurgical Engineering course. Metallurgical Engineering is concerned with the processing of all sorts of metal-related works. There are three main branches of the metallurgical engineering viz physical metallurgy, extractive metallurgy, and mineral processing. The Physical metallurgy is the study of metallic alloys needed for various types of manufacturing and construction. Extractive metallurgy deals with the extraction of metals from its ores. Mineral processing involves the tactics and methodologies involving collecting mineral products from the earth’s crust.
This course is full of the job opportunities. There are various leading MNCs where candidates can serve and even they can be employed by the various public sector undertakings of our country. The duration of the course is four years and the complete syllabus of the course is divided into 8 semesters.
BE Metallurgical Engineering Eligibility
- Those candidates who have passed their Intermediate or H.S.C. (12th class) examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) are eligible for the course.
BE Metallurgical Engineering Syllabus
Following is the syllabus of the program:
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|2||Humanities 1 (Elective)|
|3||Unified Electrical Engineering I|
|6||Physical Education II|
|Humanities 1 (Electives)|
|1||Women in Third World Development|
|3||Introduction to Manufacturing|
|4||Introduction to Computing|
|5||Introduction to Engineering design|
|6||Physical Education I|
|1||Unified Electrical Engineering II|
|6||Thermo Dynamics and Kinetics|
|3||Probability and Statistics|
|4||Physical Metallurgy Lab|
|5||Unit Opt. & Processes in Ext. Mett|
|6||Mechanical Behaviour of Materials|
|1||Humanities II (Elective)|
|2||Extractive Metallurgy Lab|
|5||Extractive Metallurgy Ferrous|
|6||Electrometallurgy and Corrosion|
|Humanities II (Electives)|
|1||Management Concepts & Practices|
|4||Open Elective I|
|5||Open Elective II|
|Note: Four weeks Industrial Training with no Credits or Students who opt for Full Semester Industrial Training in lieu of 6th Semester.|
|2||Capstone Project I|
|Elective I, II & III|
|1||Powder Metallurgy and Particulate Systems|
|2||Mechanical Working of Metals|
|3||Recent Advance in Extractive Mett.|
|4||Materials Joining Technology|
|Open Elective I & II|
|1||Metallurgy and Heat treatment|
|3||Total Quality Management|
|1||Humanities III (Elective)|
|2||Examination and Testing of materials Lab|
|3||Examination & Testing of Materials|
|4||Computer Aided Mett. Engg. Design|
|5||Phase Transformations and Heat Treatments|
|Capstone Project I / Elective I (for those who have completed )|
|Humanities III (Electives)|
|1||Economic Reforms in India|
|2||Business Environment and Industrial Legislation|
|1||Humanities IV (Elective)|
|2||Processing & Characterization Lab|
|3||Research methodology and measurements|
|4||Engineering. Materials and Selection|
|6||Capstone Project II|
|1||Heat treatment Technology|
BE Metallurgical Engineering Colleges
- Andhra University – AU, Vishakhapatnam
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Howrah
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Baroda
- Punjab Engineering College – University of Technology, Chandigarh
BE Metallurgical Engineering Course Suitability
- The candidates learn various process such as reducing corrosion, maintaining heat levels, and increasing the strength of a product etc.
- Those who have the interest in to extract, refine, and recycle metals can go for it.
- The candidates should have good communication skills, interpersonal skills and be able to work for the long hours without taking the rest.
How is BE Metallurgical Engineering Course Beneficial?
- They develop skills in various metals extraction from the ground, its refinery process and making alloy to construct items from the metals.
- They can go for the teaching profession after pursuing further programs such as M.E., M.Tech., M.Phil. and Ph.D.
- The course is rich in employment as they get the opportunity to work with the top leading MNCs and public sector undertaking as well.
BE Metallurgical Engineering Employment Areas
- Design/Construction Engineering
- Colleges & Universities
- Financial/Treasury Analysis
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Software Design & Development
BE Metallurgical Engineering Job Types
- Ballistics Engineer
- Welding Engineer
- Plant Equipment Engineer
- Supplier Development Engineer
- Senior Process Engineer
- Quality Planning Engineer
- Metallurgical R&D Lab Technician
- Technical Specialist