BSc Agronomy Admission 2021-22: BSc Agronomy is a four-year course divided into eight semesters. Each semester of this course is with a duration of 6 months. Agronomy is a rural branch mainly dedicated to plants, especially food and cash crops. Agronomy experts are associated with the enrichment of grain and seed production. This course is mainly focused on science subjects.
Programs in agriculture and crop science concentrate on biology and chemistry, as well as mathematics and statistics. It is a three years duration bachelor of science Agronomy course. Students after completing a BSc in Agronomy can also pursue an MSc degree in Agronomy. Top universities for BSc Agronomy are Agra University, Junagadh Agricultural University, MPUAT Udaipur, and many more.
As a student, you have options to choose Plant breeding. If not, you can select seed production or pest management as your main subject. For a master’s degree, you can choose any topic you like. Bachelor of Science in the stream of Agronomy is a UG program of 04 years. This degree course has a total of 08 semesters.
BSc Agronomy Highlights
|Course Name||BSc Agronomy|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Admission Process||Counselling after taking Entrance Examination|
|Course Fees||INR 20,000 to 2 lakhs|
|Salary||INR 4 lakhs to 28 lakhs|
BSc Agronomy Admission 2021-22
- Agronomy is a branch of agriculture that deals with the study of food and cash crops. It includes knowledge about crops, their management, the seasons for different crops, and their proper cultivation.
- Agronomy is the science that helps plant growth for fruit, fiber, and fuel uses, and so on. Agronomy includes research on such areas as plant biology, crop genetics, and soil science. You can choose to study BSc Agronomy.
- This course is an acknowledged degree accepted by the Government of India. This course offers training to fulfill new agricultural methods and technologies.
- In India, you can find numerous agricultural universities that offer BSc. Agronomy program. This degree was approved by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). Which is controls education in India.
- A student also learns about the essential tools and equipment used in crop cultivation. Further with the advancement, students also gain knowledge of seeds, nutrition of foods and grains.
- The course curriculum has subjects like Introductory Agriculture, Elements of Agronomy, Agricultural Meteorology, Food Technology, and Field Crop Production. Others included Entomology, Soil Fertility Management, Pest Management, Post-Harvest Technology, Crop Modelling, irrigation Systems.
- Both the work and employment will get a student who has finished their BSc studies in Agronomy. It is relatively easy to find jobs in the competitive market. If one thinks about schooling, the right alternative is to follow the Master of Agronomy Education path.
- A master’s degree in this field will help students to gain more knowledge about the subject. Additionally, this would improve the odds of having decent work.
- You have to compete and appear at the qualification tests as the entrance test. Still, you must have evidence of passing the exam when and when required before they are accepted.
- First, you have to know that, mainly merit is countable for admission. Your mark will be a competitive assessment to earn access to BSc Agronomy.
- Suppose you are an aspirant, so you need to have 10+2 qualification with 50% marks.
- The selection process of this BSc includes an entrance exam and a counseling round after the written exam.
- Applicants must pass the UET-AG (Undergraduate Entry Test for Agronomy) entrance exam.
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
BSc Agronomy has a course fee of about INR 20K to 02 lakhs. Depending on the college or university, the fee level can vary in this range.
Course Preparation Tips
- You can learn some basics from YouTube videos.
- Their beautiful pictures you can find on the internet.
- Download the pictures and make a gallery.
- If not try to draw it. Then you can easily remember it.
- Practices more until you are confident.
There are several entrance exams you can face. Most of the time you can apply with the 12th exam. But for the 12th exams, you should choose science subjects. Also JEE and JEE-Main you can face.
Famous Job roles are Agronomy officer, corporate agronomist, soil scientist, subject matter specialist, and rice breeder. At the start of the job, one can earn almost INR 04 to 28 lacs annually.
Type BSc Agronomy
This course is full time. You cannot study part-time.
Do you have an interest in agricultural science? Then this course is for you.
- You can think about admission in next year if you are eligible.
- You must be eligible for admission to BSC. Agronomy. If you are academically qualified, then you have to fit to carry out fieldwork physically.
- If you are a candidate, then you have to pass Class 12th or equivalent level in science.
- As a candidate, you have to obtain at least 50% marks in total.
- You can find some specific eligibility for caste or tribe candidates.
BSC Agronomy University Fees
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies Andhra Pradesh||3 years||24450|
|Madhabdev University||3 years||55000|
|Krishna University||3 years||24425|
|KREA University||3 years||24400|
|Gauhati University||3 years||25400|
|Dibrugarh University||3 years||25375|
Top Institutes And Fees
Some top institutes offer BSc Agronomy course within the country. Here we included top colleges with course fees.
|College Name||City||Average Annual Fee (INR)|
|Agricultural college and research institute||Thoothukudi||INR 1,05,000|
|Agra university||Agra||INR 25,000|
|Uttaranchal university||Dehradun||INR 38,550|
|Junagadh agricultural university||Gujarat||INR 29,190|
BSc Agronomy Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Understanding Self for Effectiveness||Introduction to Communication Skills|
|Introductory Agriculture||Introduction to Plant Pathology|
|Introduction to Food Technology||Fundamentals of Statistics|
|Introduction to Biology||Food Chemistry|
|Fundamentals of Agribusiness Management||Basic Biotechnology|
|Environmental Studies||Individual Society and Nation|
|English Language Usage Essentials||Plant Physiology|
|Elements of Agronomy and Agricultural Meteorology||Fundamentals of Soil Science|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Agro-Forestry Systems||Rained Agriculture and Watershed Management|
|Problem Solving and Creative Thinking||Production Technology of Vegetables and Flowers|
|Effective Written Communication||Field Crop Production – II|
|Soil Fertility Management||Diversified Agriculture and Farm Enterprises|
|Production Technology of Fruit Crops||Biotechnology and Patent Law|
|Introductory Entomology||Basic Genetics|
|Field Crop Production – I||Agricultural Extension Management|
|Basic Food Microbiology||–|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Crop Improvement Principles and Practices||Integrated Nutrient Management|
|Integrated Farming System and Sustainable Agriculture||Livestock Production and Management|
|Integrated Pest Management||Manures, Fertilisers, and Agrochemicals|
|Post-Harvest Technology and Value Addition||Rural Finance and Banking|
|Production Economics and Farm Management||Seed Production Technology|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Crop Modelling||IT in Communication and Diffusion of Agricultural Innovations|
|Food Retail and Supply Chain Management||–|
|Mechanization of Small Farms||–|
|Job Position||Average Annual Salary In INR|
|Agronomy officer||INR 6,00,000|
|Subject matter specialist||INR 6,04,000|
|Corporate agronomist||INR 4,00,000|
|Rice breeder||INR 18,00,000|
|Soil scientist||INR 14,00,00|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th