BSc Forestry Admission 2021-22: BSc Forestry is a four-year undergraduate program with eight semesters, two per year. This course focuses on forest management, tree planting for forests, and devising strategies for conserving forest resources. The graduates of this discipline have many advantages of pursuing this degree due to the increasing demand for forests. The public and private sectors offer jobs to successful graduates in forestry.
BSc in Forestry is offered in regular classes. This course has 08 semesters and a duration of 04 years and falls under the UG category. It is the right choice for students desiring to join the forest industry. After the completion of a BSc in Forestry, students are transformed into forest professionals.
- 12 October 2021: BFIT Group of Institutions, Dehradun offering “BSc Forestry” program. Students looking for a bachelor’s course in the forestry department can opt for this program. For more information regarding course structure, eligibility, and other details, click here.
- 12 October 2021: Alpine Group Of Institutes, Dehradun opens admission to the “BSc Forestry” program. Students looking for carriers in forestry departments can check the admission details. Click here.
BSc Forestry Highlights
|Course Name||B.Sc Forestry|
|Admission Process||Counseling post-qualifying entrance examination or on merit-based|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Science in Forestry|
|Duration||Course Duration is 4 Years.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 5-6 Lakhs per annum|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 35,000 per annum|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognized educational Board|
BSc Forestry Admission 2021-22
- BSc Forestry program is a four-year Undergraduate program that comprises eight semesters. The program focuses on tree planting and forest management. The course also devised strategies to conserve forest resources.
- These professionals work to protect forest resources and manage these in the best friendly way. In this field, new strategies and their applications are studied to solve the various issues related to forestry. Forest mensuration, Dendrology, Surveying, Cytology, Forest Ecology, Tree Seed Technology, Agroforestry, Logging, Wood Science, etc.
- India has a vast forest industry, including sectors such as Wildlife Research Institutes, Forest Nurseries, Zoological Parks, ICFRE, wildlife ranges, wildlife departments, etc. Here various jobs are offered to the eligible candidates. Some highly paying and top jobs are Forest Officer, Farming Manager, Assistant Manager, Teacher, Nursery Manager, etc.
- One of the essential admission requirements is a student is eligible if they have passed the 12th. In that standard, they must have secured at least 50-55% or marks.
- The performance of a candidate is observed in a written exam as well as in the interview. The score obtained in entrance exams such as JCECE, ICAR, OUAT, and others is acceptable by many Indian Institutes.
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
- The average amount of the course tuition fee is about INR 35000 per year. This amount can vary depending on the institute.
The basic requirement of the course is to have at least a 12th class degree with 50-55% marks.
There is no policy for online, distance learning, and part-time admission.
The candidate performance is observed based on written exams and interviews. The exams are ICAR, JCECE, and OUAT.
- Assam Combined Entrance Examination (CEE)
- Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET)
- Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE)
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
The average salary for the degree-holder of forestry is INR 5 to 6 lacs.
Types of Courses
- Full-Time: This course is offered to the students on a full-time basis.
- Part-Time/Online: There is no policy for a part-time/online type of course.
BSc Forestry Syllabus
|Moral values of education||Forest mensuration|
|Professional communication||Environmental studies I|
|Human development||Introduction to forest soil science|
|Principle of civil culture||Dendrology|
|Forest ecology||Principles of forest soil sciences|
|Elementary Mathematics||Fundamentals of Extension Education|
|General Biochemistry||Tree Seed Technology|
|Introduction to Tree Science||Agro Meteorology|
|Computer Applications||General forest microbiology|
|Agroforestry||Environmental Studies II|
|Forest Management||Silvicultural Systems|
|Forest Entomology||Wood Science|
|Silviculture of Indian Trees||Livestock Management|
|The fertility of Forest Soils||Fundamentals of Wildlife|
|General Forest Microbiology||Forest Soil Survey|
|Nursery Management||Statistical Methods|
|Wood Anatomy||Statistical Methods|
|NCC and NSS||–|
|Forest utilization I||Fruit production|
|Forest utilization II||Rangeland Management|
|Forest pathology||Forest biotechnology|
|Forest soils||Tree improvement|
|Commercial forestry||Wildlife management|
|Forest production economics||Forest policy legislation|
|Plantation forestry||Wood seasoning|
|Study tour||Soil water management|
|Ecotourism||Forestry work experience|
|Environmental Impact Assessment||Climate change|
Suggested University For BSc Forestry
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th