BSc Horticulture Science Admission 2023-24: BSc Horticulture Science is a three-year undergraduate degree program, divided into six semesters, two per year. This course focuses on the study of the production, growth, plant diseases, and cultivation of horticulture products. The public and private sectors offer jobs to graduates of Horticulture. This BSc in Horticulture Science is available in both regular and full-time formats. This course covers topics such as diseases of plants and their genetics and growth.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Science in Horticulture Science
- Selection Process: Merit/Entrance Exam
- Eligibility: 10+2 with 50-60% marks in Science Stream from a recognized university.
- Average Fee: Total fee structure is INR 50K-2 Lakhs.
- Salary Offered: Approx. Up to INR 03 to 05 Lakhs per annum(LPA)
- Top Recruiting Organization: Nestle, Parle, Britannia, LT Foods, KRBL Ltd.
- Top Recruiting Areas: Agrochemicals, Agriculture Research Laboratories, Orchids, etc.
- Top Job Profiles: Plant Breeders, Marketing Managers, Gardeners, and Agricultural Researchers, among others.
Overview of BSc Horticulture Science Admission
|Course Name||BSc Horticulture Science|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam and Merit-Based|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Science in Horticulture Science|
|Duration of Bsc Horticulture||Course Duration is 3 Years.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 03 to 05 Lakhs per annum(LPA)|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 50K-2 Lakhs|
|Eligibility||10+2 with 50% marks, in the Science stream|
BSc Horticulture Science Admission 2023-24
Admission to B.Sc Horticulture is basically made online as well as offline mode depending upon the desired university. The program consists of 3 years, split into six semesters, two years. BSc approves with UGC India in Horticulture Science. A basic policy for applying to this BSc Horticulture course is a minimum of 50% of marks in XII. This course aims at studying horticultural products’ production, growth, and cultivation.
The term Horticulture refers to the science of plant cultivation. It involves soil management, preparing the seedbed for plants, irrigating soil, and harvesting plants. This program aims for the development of plants across the country. MSc Horticulture is higher studies after completing BSc in Horticulture.
BSc Horticulture Science Admission Eligibility
- Students seeking BSc in Horticulture Science enrollments must have class 12th education.
- A minimum of 50% mark in XII is a fundamental policy for applying to this BSc course.
- Admissions to BSc HS are merit/entrance exam-based.
BSc Horticulture Science Admission Entrance Exams
The entrance exam also takes for BSc Horticulture.
- CG Pre Agriculture Test (PAT) Exam
- Indira Gandhi Agricultural University (IGKV) CET Exam
- MP Pre Agriculture Test (PAT) Exam
Fee Structure of Bsc Horticulture Science Admission
The average fee charged for B.Sc in Horticulture is between INR 50K-2 Lakhs.
BSc Horticulture Science Admission Merit-Based
BSc HS admissions are based on the merit/entry test.
BSc Horticulture Science Admission Distance Learning Education
BSc Horticulture Science offers through distance mode in different institutes.
The salary packages offered to the graduates are handsome, ranging from INR 03 to 05 Lakhs per annum(LPA), which depends on the department that provides the job.
Employment Areas for BSc in Horticulture Science are Agronomy, CIRCs, Fruit Science, Horticulture consultancy, Vegetable Sciences, Soil Science, educational institutes, etc.
- Agri Sales officer
- Business Development Officer
- Plantation Manager
- Farm manager
- Pesticides sales officer
- Lab Assistant
Types of Courses
- Full-Time: The course is offered on a full-time basis.
- Part-Time/Online: There is no part-time/online course for students.
BSc Horticulture Science Admission Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|–||Water management in horticulture crops|
|Plant propagation||Tropical and subtropical fruits|
|Growth development of horticulture crops||Principles of genetics|
|Fundamentals of horticulture||Plant-parasitic nematode|
|Communication skills||Introductory microbiology|
|Introduction to soil science||Fundamentals of statistics|
|Tropical and subtropical vegetables||Fundamentals of food technology|
|Fundamentals of extension education||Elements of computer application|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|–||Soil science I|
|Fundamentals of entomology||Orchard management|
|Temperate vegetables||Mushroom culture|
|Tuber crops||Environmental science|
|Ornamental horticulture||Commercial floriculture|
|Principles of plant breeding||Breeding of fruits|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Introductory agroforestry||Seed production|
|Organic farming||Remote sensing|
|Post-harvest management||Processing of horticulture crops|
|Apiculture||Medicinal and aromatic plants|
|Principles of plant biotechnology||Horticulture business management|
|Introduction of major field crops||Entrepreneurship development|
|Breeding and seed production||–|
Suggested University For Bsc Horticulture Science Admission
|Krishnaguru Adhyatmik Visvavidyalaya||3 years||68675|
|Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University Admission||3 years||67920|
|Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankaradeva Viswavidyalaya||3 years||65165|
|National Law University and Judicial Academy||3 years||66410|
|Rabindranath Tagore University||3 years||65275|
Be the first to leave a review.