BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Admission 2021-22: BSc is a three-year-long full-time learner course. This course has six semesters. BSc Nutrition is the branch of science that studies nutrients and nutrition, mainly in humans. BSc Nutrition and dietetics also analyse the relationship between the body as well as food. Top universities are LPU Delhi, RVS College, Chandigarh University, Shoolini University, Mount Carmel College, etc.
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Highlights
|Course Name||BSc Nutrition and Dietetics|
|Duration of course||Three years duration|
|Average fee||INR 2,00,000 to 5,00,000|
|Type of exams||Semester vise|
|Average salary||INR 3,00,000 to 15,00,000|
|Admission process||After the entry exams|
|Top companies||Restaurants, Health Department, Nursing Home Facilities, Catering Departments, Hospitals, and many more.|
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Admission 2021-22
- BSc Nutrition and dietetics course is a three-year full-time program that comprises six semesters. It is the course that deals with the deep knowledge in food sciences and diets.
- BSc Nutrition and Dietetics is a 03 year UG program in the stream of science. A student from bioscience can opt for this course. Nutrition and Dietetics involve learning proper diet components, food management, eating habits,s and so on. It is focused to manage a lifestyle by ensuring a balanced diet.
- This course teaches students about the various nutritional patterns, what type of diet should be taken, and habits to be adopted for a balanced diet.
- The most renowned subjects in this course are Food and Nutrition, Food Chemistry, Food Quality Analysis, Food Microbiology, Nutritional Ethics, etc.
- Students’ entry into any college for this course is based on 50% marks in the previous qualification. The required prior stuff is intermediate (10+2).
- For Nutrition and Dietetics, no specific entrance exam exists. However, in some states, few universities conduct exams at the university level to select students.
The average fee of this course is INR 2,00,000 to 5,00,000. The students who are interested in this course can easily pay this fee.
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
Aspirants’ admission in the course in any college is based on 50% marks in their last qualified degree.
No specific entrance exams are there to get admission to the course. But few institutes conduct university or state level exams.
A Nutritionist or Dietitian’s annual income is almost in the range of INR 02 to 07 lacs in one year. Working areas such as the field are Hospitals, Restaurants, Health Departments, Hotels, Catering Departments, Nursing Homes, etc.
Jobs after BSc are dietitian, Food Show Host, Nutrition Trainer, Food Quality Manager, Area Sales Manager, Nutritionist, Medical Representative, and Consultant.
Distance Learning Education
No specific policy is there for the course to be learned in distance learning education.
- Students can get a job in private sector clinics and hospitals and they also have self-employment.
- Other areas where they can start their career with private sector organizations such as private nursing homes and leisure cruise companies.
- They can also get a job in the field of a psychiatric nurse. There they can work with patients suffering from emotional and psychological distress.
- After the successful end of this course, students can take admission to high-level studies and can research in this field such as M.Sc., M.Phil. and Ph.D.
Who Should Apply for BSc Nutrition and Dietetics?
Candidates that interested in learning Nutrition and Dietetics, food habits, community nutrition nearby of doctors are best suited for a B.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics.
This is an undergraduate course. We can start this course after passing the 12th class. The marks should be 50% or above so, we can take admission to this course easily. This course is not lengthy. The duration of this course is only three years. After three years, we can get started a beautiful career with this degree.
Types of Exams
As mention above that this course is divided into six semesters. The duration of this course is three years. There is a two-semester in one year. In other words, we can complete one semester in six months.
After the successful end of this course, students can begin their careers with these job areas such as Restaurants, Canteen, and Nursing Care facilities. However, some other job areas are available such as Food Service Field, Health Department, and Health Care Field.
After the successful end of this course, students can start their careers with these job types such as Therapeutic Dietitian and Sports Nutritionist Administrative Nutritionist. After this many jobs are available such as Researcher, Area Business Manager, and Public Health or Community Dietitian.
Students can also start their career as a Consultant, Nutrition Trainer, Food Show Host, Nutritional Sales Executive, and Medical Representative.
After the successful end of this course, students can be hired by many companies such as Restaurants, Health Department, Nursing Home Facilities. Students can also be hired by, Catering Departments, Hospitals, and many more companies.
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Soft skills and communication skills||Public health and nutrition|
|Human Physiology||Human nutrition|
|Food and Nutrition||Mother and child health|
|Food chemistry||Nutritional Biochemistry|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Food microbiology||Introduction to food science|
|Family meal and diet planning||Science of bakery and confectionery|
|Food quality analysis||Introduction to food preservation|
|Food industry management||–|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Nutritional ethics||Food Biotechnology|
|Introduction to Dietetics||Dietetics 2|
|Food packaging and marketing management||Food service management|
|Food processing operations and management||Diet and patient counseling|
Top Colleges For BSc Nutrition and Dietetics in India
|Lady Irwin College||New Delhi||INR 36,000|
|National Institute of Nutrition||Hyderabad||INR 30,000|
|All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health||Calcutta||INR 24,000|
BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Top University & Fees
|Yogi Vemana University||3 years||24825|
|North East Frontier Technical University||3 years||24950|
|Himalayan University||3 years||24925|
|Dibrugarh University||3 years||25375|
|Arunodaya University||3 years||24900|
|Arunachal University of Studies||3 years||24875|
|Apex Professional University, Pasighat||3 years||24850|
Suggested University For BSc Nutrition and Dietetics Course in India
|University Name||State||Type of University|
|Cotton College State University||Assam||State University|
|Central Institute of Technology(CIT)||Assam||Deemed University|
|Dibrugarh University||Assam||State University|
|Gauhati University||Assam||State University|
|Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University||Assam||State University|
|Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit & Ancient Studies University||Assam||State University|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th