BSc MLT Admission 2022: The BSc in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) is for students who are interested in pursuing a career in health and diagnosis. The most well-known field and course offered at the undergraduate level is BSc in MLT, which lasts three years. The course’s practical sessions are meant to help students comprehend the medical department and all of the duties they will have after completing their studies.
Students who want to pursue a career in medicine can enroll in these Laboratory Technology programs after completing their 12th-grade classes. Students must be in the science stream and have a 55 percent average in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in order to be considered for admission to the BSc MLT program. Students with a science background may be interested in the BSc MLT program.
- Form for application to the BSc MLT Admission will be available on the University website.
- An aptitude test or college entrance exam is required for admission.
- You must take PCB/PCMB in the 12th class.
- For category students, the minimum score is 55%.
- To select deserving students, some colleges hold an admissions test.
- Following admission, you will be interviewed.
This course is the study of collection and sampling data, Testing, Laboratory equipment & documentation. Also, this is a very serious and responsible role; once a student gets into this profession needs to be aware of all testing and lab techniques. This bachelor’s course covers the theoretical and practical parts necessary for medical lab studies.
Students should choose the finest university/college that provides good and accurate educational assistance and has the best laboratory facilities for easy understanding. The base of any subject should be very simple so that students can easily slowly learn all advance and expert topics related to the study.
Read this article till the end for more important information about BSc MLT Admission. Don’t hesitate to leave a comment with any concerns or questions about any school or program.
BSc MLT Admission Highlights
|Course Name||BSc Medical Laboratory Technology|
|Course Full Form||Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam and Merit-Based|
|Eligibility||10+2 in any discipline with a minimum of 45% marks|
|Course Duration||3 years|
|Age Limit||No Age Limit|
|Entrance Exam||JEE, JNUEE|
|Course Fee Structure||INR 20000 to 200000 Per Year|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 1 to 5 LPA|
|Jobs Area||Medical Laboratory Technician, Clinical Laboratory Technician, Clinical Laboratory Technologist,|
It is among the most longed-for degrees in bachelor’s courses. BMLT is one of the most significant branches of modern healthcare. The system strives to offer efficient laboratory medicine learning. It will enable students to use modern technologies and grow skills in the field of medicine.
BSc MLT Admission Course Details
BSC MLT is a three-year degree program where students acquire the skills to diagnose and aid doctors in solving the whole problem. Medical aspirants can join this program without having qualifications of MBBS.
- As a vital component of healthcare or medical groups, medical laboratory specialists have a significant role in obtaining samples of sickness and performing tests and diagnoses.
- This course begins after the 12th grade and is intended for students with an academic background in science. After this course, students will earn a master’s level degree and undertake additional research to deepen their knowledge.
- Students who want to take BSc MLT Admission must have strong analytical skills and know the basic lab equipment. They must also be hardworking and be able to conduct research.
- Please read this article to the end for more information and important information. Don’t be afraid to leave a comment with any concerns or questions about any school or program.
- This course can be opted after the 12th class completion and is intended for students with an academic background in science. After this course, students will earn a master’s degree and undertake additional research to deepen their knowledge.
- Students who want to take this degree must have strong analytical skills and know the basic lab equipment. They must also be hardworking and be able to conduct research.
BSc MLT Admission 2022
A bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory science takes three years to complete. The student will learn how to handle the laboratory in this profession, as we all know that the laboratory is where blood tests and reports are done, thus these students will know how to take blood tests from patients.
This bachelor’s degree program offers both online and traditional learning options. Students who are interested in applying for BSc MLT admission can do so online. The University publishes information about the eligibility criteria and the admittance test process on its website.
A BSc in Medical Laboratory Technology is a paramedical program that teaches students the theory and practice of treating, diagnosing, and preventing a variety of diseases and health problems. Professionals in this profession play an important part in providing the best medical treatment.
They can work in disciplines such as medical laboratory, nursing, clinical technology, and medical technician after completing BMLT.
Candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in medicine can apply for BSc MLT admission. This study is available in the paramedical field at several universities and colleges. Interested candidates should read the following admissions information:
BSc MLT Admission: Eligibility Criteria
- Students seeking BSc MLT admissions must complete Intermediate (class 12) education with a minimum of 45% mark.
- The admission process for BSc Medical Lab Technology is merit/entry test-based.
- There is no age limit for this course.
- JEE Advanced and JNUEE pre-admission exam of BSc MLT.
- Admission in BSc medical laboratory Technology is often given based on entrance exams. These exams are conducted at the national and state level.
BSc MLT Course Fees
The average academic tuition fee charged for the BSc Medical Laboratory Technology course is INR 20,000 to 2,00,000 per year.
BSc MLT Admission Entrance Exam
In India, the Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology program is offered in both private & government universities. To get into this 3 years program, some universities conduct or accept the entrance exam score. Students have to appear for these admission tests. The requirement to appear in these listed below exam, one must complete intermediate education in science background.
There are many universities that conduct entrance exams for BSc Medical Laboratory Technology Admission; the list of entrance exams is given below.
- Jamia Hamdard Entrance Test
Sri Ramachandra University BSc MLT Admission 2022
New applications for the BSc MLT degree are being accepted at Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research. Students who are interested in applying for the course can do so through www.sriramachandra.edu.in. The deadline to apply is June 4, 2022. SRIHER’s Faculty of Allied Health Sciences only accepts candidates who have completed their 12th grade with PCB subjects. A registration fee of Rs 1000 is required. Because there are only 60 seats available, candidates will be chosen through a written test followed by an interview.
IGNOU BSc MLT Admission 2022
IGNOU offers a Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory in two sessions (January & July). It is open to students who have passed their 10+2 with a 45 percent grade point average and have studied PCB or Medical Laboratory Technology. Admission to the BSc MLT programme. The IGNOU BMLT programme lasts four years with a maximum of six years. Students who wish to enrol in the programme must pay a course fee of Rs 25,000 to IGNOU.
BSc MLT Admission Notification 2022-23 Last Date
|Admission in BSc MLT starts||Apr 2022|
|Last date of BSc MLT Admission ends||Sep 2022|
Why to choose BSc MLT?
The BSc MLT program prepares students for laboratory testing education. The course enhances medical skills. These skills are used to detect the disease and its treatment. Further, these skills help in taking prevention measures. The BSc MLT Program offers complete laboratory practice. Throughout the final year’s last semester.
- A Lab Technician can earn an annual income ranging between INR 2 to 6 lac per year. MSc in Medical Lab Technology, MBA, and PGD in Laboratory are higher studies after completing the BSc Medical Lab Technology.
- After learning this BSc course, students will collect information on the disease, testing sampling, and report.
- BSc Medical Laboratory Technology deals with the study of treatment and diagnosis of disease using different clinical tests.
- This course will assist students with how to detect, treat and diagnose the condition.
BSc MLT Admission Process 2022-23
The basic need for the BSc MLT admission program is 10+2 with science subjects. Usually, the percentage needed to pass the exam is 50% in some institutions, percentage increases. As in IITs, NITs, or BITS, the criteria are 60%.
- Direct BSc MLT Admission: Some institutes don’t rely on the entrance exam for selecting students. These engineering institutes have other criteria for selection. They grant admissions based on merit. After qualifying exams. Like 10+2 or alternative. And few of the seats are fixed in private engineering colleges. It is a piece of great news for those who couldn’t score well.
- Direct BSc MLT Admission for Diploma holders: Many engineering colleges in India also give direct admission. The ITI diploma holders get immediate access. They can get admission in the second year of their course.
- Entrance Exam Based BSc MLT Admission: Some universities like Jamia Millia Islamia University, JNU conduct Entrance exams like JNUEE, JMICET for admission BSc MLT. Candidates have to score more than the cutoff set by the University for admission.
Top University Offering BSc MLT in Low Fees
|Venkateshwara Open University||3 years||25075|
|Bastar Vishwavidyalaya||3 years||26525|
|Ayush and Health Sciences University of Chhattisgarh||3 years||26500|
|Assam Down Town University||3 years||25150|
|Assam Don Bosco University||3 years||25125|
|Assam Agricultural University||3 years||25100|
|Chhattisgarh Kamdhenu Vishwavidyalaya||3 years||26575|
BSc MLT Course in Government Colleges in India
There are many high reputed government colleges in India that provide BSc MLT Admission.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Hindu Rao Hospital
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Institute of Paramedical Science and Management
- Delhi Skill and Entrepreneurship University
- Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research
BSc MLT Admission: Career & Scope in India
Medical Technologists play a vital role in the medical field. The possibilities for work in this field are contingent on the practical and technical skills that a person is exposed to. The professionals are responsible for detecting various diseases and then preparing an assessment to help doctors recommend treatment for a disease.
As the growth has occurred in the business sector, there’s been an increase in the demand for technicians in hospitals, labs, nursing homes, blood banks, and pathology labs. BSc MLT Admission
Professionals may also secure a management position in hospitals or pathology laboratories with a deep understanding. When they begin their career, they can expect an initial salary of INR 2 five lakhs to 2 lakhs, and the pay rises with experience advancement and increases to 10 lakh P.A.
The salaries in a private hospital are usually more than that of the government-owned hospitals. But, with a bit of expertise, experts can be employed in different titles such as Laboratory manager, Healthcare Administration, Hospital Outreach Coordinator, Laboratory Testing Manager Coordinator of education, Medical Officer and Research Associate Resident Medical Officer, and Labour Information System Analyst.
BSc MLT Admission: Job Profiles
There are other types of jobs that a professional who has the completion of BSc MLT Admission course may be employed-
1.) Technician in R&D lab: The responsibility of the R & D Lab Technician is to work in a certain research facility, conducting tests to ensure that the experiments are tested effectively. They also have the responsibility of collecting information, keeping precise records, and ensuring that all records are compiled and presented promptly.
- Pay Scale: Average pay of R&D lab technicians ranges between 4 and 7 lakhs per annum.
2.) Technical Executive These people handle technological equipment used for testing. They are experts in any field such as X-Rays, scanning blood testing, etc.
- Average salary: the average salary for a technical executive ranges from INR 7 to 8 lakh per annum.
3.) Medical Technician Medical Technicians perform tasks related to restorative laboratory specialists who conduct lab procedures for testing samples and recording the results. They could be experts in the field of atomic sciences.
- Average Salary: The pay for a medical technician ranges from between INR 4 and 7 lakhs per annum.
4) Technician for X-rays: X-Ray Technician is in charge of using instruments such as scanners, X-ray machines, etc., to identify the issue inside the patient’s body.
- Average Salary: The pay of an X-Ray Technician ranges from INR 6-7 lakhs PA.
5.) Labor Technician Lab: A technician is someone who has to fulfil duties such as taking, processing, and analyzing samples, conducting tests on new products, or conducting an experiment using cleaning, maintaining, and cleaning different types of apparatus, making reposts and keeping the records.
- Average salary: pay of Lab Technicians is between INR 5 lakh and 7 lakh per month.
BSc MLT Admission: Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Human Anatomy I||Human Anatomy II|
|Human Physiology-I||Human Physiology II|
|Health Education & Health Communication||Bio-Medical Waste Management|
|PC Software Lab||Human Anatomy-II|
|Human Anatomy-I Lab||Practical: Human Physiology-II|
|Human Physiology-I Lab||Practical: Biochemistry-I|
|Biochemistry-I Lab||Communication Lab|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Pathology-I||Pathology – II|
|Clinical Haematology-I||Clinical Haematology-II|
|Immunology & Serology-I||Immunology & Serology-II|
|Histopathology & Histotechniques -I||Histopathology & Histotechniques -II|
|Clinical Haematology-I Lab||Clinical Haematology-II Lab|
|Microbiology, Immunology & Serology – I Lab||Microbiology, Immunology & Serology – II Lab|
|Histopathology & Histotechniques -I Lab||Histopathology & Histotechniques -II Lab|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Immunohematology & Blood Banking||Clinical Endocrinology &Toxicology|
|Clinical Enzymology & Automation||Advanced Diagnostic Techniques|
|Parasitology & Virology||Diagnostic Molecular Biology|
|Diagnostic Cytology||Clinical Endocrinology & Toxicology Lab|
|Principles of Lab Management & Medical Ethics||Advanced Diagnostic Techniques Lab|
|Clinical Enzymology Lab||Diagnostic Molecular Biology Lab|
|Parasitology & Virology Lab||Internship Project|
|Diagnostic Cytology Lab||–|
(FAQs) Regading BSc MLT Admission
Que: What is the BSc MLT Course?
Ans:- The Bachelors in Science program within Medical Laboratory Technology, often referred to as BSc MLT, is three years degree program divided into six semesters, i.e., two semesters per year. Students will be taught about body fluids, which include toxicology and immunology.
Quest: Which are BSc subject areas for MLT?
Answer: Clin. Endocrinology Toxicology lab, Diagnostic hematology, cytology, molecular biology, etc. Check out the syllabus that is mentioned in this blog for more information.
Quest: Is there a test for entrance to BSc MLT Admission?
Answer: The BSC MLT Entrance Exam is offered by numerous universities and colleges with a B to A., E.g., JNUEE is an exam administered through Jawaharlal Nehru University. Similarly, there are other entrances exams that you need to look up as you decide on the best colleges for yourself.
Quest: Can I Open A Lab After BMLT?
Answer: Yes, it is possible. However, before you can open it, you have to get all the necessary approval from the state government and the Medical Council of India. Then you’ll be endorsed by the Radiologist Doctor to confirm all the reports of your pathology. Since you can only conduct the test and produce the report with the doctor’s signature, if you can get the doctor’s permission from the state’s government, you can access it.
Quest: Is Medical Lab Science Hard? Or Is It Hard To Become A Medical Lab Technician?
Answer: It’s not too difficult. It’s essentially a practical class that requires you to be aware of all diagnostic procedures such as taking blood samples and Transfusion of blood, Transfusion, and various other tests.
Quest: What Can I Do After MLT?
Ans: Upon completing your Medical Lab Technician course, you will work within your Hospital & Healthcare sector. You will be able to work in Hospitals of both government and private, Pathology Labs, Diagnostic labs, Nursing Homes, Clinics. The need for experienced Lab Technicians is growing every year by about 15 per year. It is possible to start with your very own Pathology Lab after this course.
Be the first to leave a review.