BSc Zoology Admission 2023-24: BSc Zoology is the most popular course in India. There are lots of Universities and colleges that provide this science specialization course. BSc Zoology admission is based on the merit score and entrance exam. After 12th with science, students can easily apply for this BSc course. Students can take admission online and offline for BSc Zoology. Those applicants who want to take offline admission can easily go through the regional university centre.
The course pricing may differ depending on the institution. Molecular Biology, Animal Physiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Developmental Biology, etc are part of the BSc Computer Science syllabus. Initial salary ranges from INR 3 to 7 LPA, depending on expertise and talent.
BSc Zoology Admission Highlights
|Course Name||BSc Zoology|
|Average course fee||INR 5000/- to 2 lac|
|Average entry-level salary||INR 3 LPA to INR 7 LPA|
|Duration of the course||3 years|
|Sectors of employment||Lab, Academic Institutes, Forestry, etc.|
BSc Zoology Admission: Key Features
- Many Institutes like Delhi University, JNU, and JMI University offer BSc Zoology Admission to students after passing the 12th class.
- The requirement to get into BSc Zoology is to one must study through science background in 12th grade.
- Physics, Chemistry & Biology is the mandatory subjects to enroll for the BSc Zoology course.
- Some Institutes conducts entrance exam such as CUET, BHU UET, CUCET, & more to give out BSc Zoology Admission.
- The criteria to give admission are generally based on the score in the 12th class examination.
BSc Zoology Admission 2023-24
A bachelor’s degree program in zoology is available at many universities. There are six semesters in the three-year program. Both entrance exams and merit-based admissions processes are available for BSc Zoology course. In addition to being offered online, this course can also be taken in traditional classroom settings.
BSc Zoology Admission: Eligibility Criteria
- Those students who have passed their Intermediate or HSC (Higher Secondary Class) examination from a recognized board in the science stream are eligible for the course.
- The student should obtain 50% marks or above in biology at the 10+2 level.
The average fee for the BSc Zoology course is INR 5000/- to 2 lac. It may be changed according to university demand.
Merit-Based: The admission to BSc Zoology is made on the basis of merit scored by the student in HSC.
Entrance exams may be required to get admission into the BSc Zoology program at some universities. To be admitted to top universities, candidates must have a good score on the entrance exam.
BSc Zoology Admission: Syllabus
In this program, students offer all kinds of subjects. This subject covers all the required studies about animal species. In this course, we study all the animals’ structures, evolution, types, and division. The syllabus is broken down into 3-year courses. The BSc Zoology Admission syllabus of the program is as follows:
|Life and Diversity from Protozoa to Porifera and Cell Biology I||Life and Diversity from Annelids to Arthropods and Genetics I|
|Life and Diversity from Coelenterate to Helminthes and Cell Biology II||Life and Diversity from Mollusk to Hemichordate and Genetics II|
|Life and Diversity of Chordates I||Life and Diversity of Chordates II|
|Mammalian Physiology I||Mammalian Physiology II|
|Environmental Biology||Aquaculture and Pest Management I|
|Evolution and Developmental Biology||Aquaculture and Pest Management II|
BSc Zoology Benefits, Scope & Jobs
There are many jobs for a zoologist. They can work in different areas including wildlife, national park, zoos, aquarium, animal hospitals, and museums. There are more jobs like taking care of animals, wildlife experts, and zookeepers. Most of the TV channels like national geographic and animal-plant give lots of jobs.
- Those who have analytical, data-handling, and written communication skills can go for this course.
- The candidates who are interested in opting for further studies and have project management, presentation, and oral communication skills, are best suited for the course.
- The students should have an interest in animals their lives and their eagerness to know about their evolution and development.
How is BSc Zoology Course Beneficial?
- The applicants of the program have a lot of further study options in a variety of specializations and with that qualification they can get into the desired work profile.
- The aspirants can work for medical laboratories, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, museums, wildlife rehabilitation centers, etc.
- They can also go for the teaching profession after completing the master’s program from any recognized institution.
In recent years, BSc Zoology has become more and more well-liked among students. The numerous facets of biology are subjects that students are keen to understand. This alone explains the course’s constantly growing scope. In addition to looking for jobs, students also have the following options:
- MSc in Zoology: The primary objective of this postgraduate programme that lasts for two years is to acquire knowledge of both extinct and extant species. The students will acquire a sufficient understanding of animal anatomy and biodiversity as a result of participating in this programme. People who desire to acquire their Master of Science in Zoology study the behavior of animals as well as how animals have changed over time.
- M.Phil in Zoology: Candidates for a Ph.D. in Zoology often need to hold an M.Phil. It can serve as a stand-in for a Ph.D. application in the subject. Graduates with a zoology degree have a wide range of employment options.
- Ph.D. in Zoology: A three-year curriculum is required to earn this degree. Animals, their structural divisions, and the science of their existence in the natural environment are all studied empirically in the field of zoology. Mammalogy, ornithology, and ichthyology are a few of the subfields that make up the study.
- Government Hospitals
- Colleges & Universities
- Environmental Agencies
- Medical Laboratories
- Agricultural Firms
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Clinical Business Associate
- Botany/Zoology Faculty Member
- Area Sales Manager
- Medical Representative
- Online Tutor
- Nutrition Specialist
- Research Associate
BSc Zoology Colleges List
- Arya Vidyapeeth College, Guwahati
- Indira Gandhi National Open University – IGNOU, Delhi
- Mukand Lal National College, Yamuna Nagar
- Adarsh Mahavidyalaya, Osmanabad
BSc Zoology University & Fees
|University Name||Approx Fees/Year||For Admission|
|Mata Gujri University||10000/-|
|K. K. Modi University||25000/-|
|Shri Rawatpura Sarkar University||30000/-|
FAQs About BSc Zoology Admission
Be the first to leave a review.