Calicut University Admission 2021-22: The University of Calicut is one of the famous universities of North Kerala (State University) established in 1938 by the government after the bifurcation of Kerala University. It got 54th rank in the university category and also reserved 76th rank for itself by NIRF. It was the second University of Kerala state that promoted productive research and quality human resources. It offers several undergraduate courses in 355 colleges in which it holds 30 departments. Every year, More than 2.7 lakhs students get Admission to this University.
|University of Calicut||University of Calicut Fee structure|
|University of Calicut Admission|
It offers admissions for various courses like UG, PG, M.Phil & Ph.D. programs systematically and student-friendly manner. Students must clear the entrance exams before taking Admission to this state university.
- 06 October 2021: Admission has opened for the academic session 2021-22. and the last date for submission of the application form is extended upto 13 October 2021. (Source)
- 06 October 2021: Online registrations for BEd program has extended till 11 October 2021. Candidates can check the details here. (Source)
Calicut University Highlights
|University Name||Calicut University (UOC)|
|Declaration of Results||Two Months after Examination|
|Dispatch of Admission Cards||Three Month After Admission|
|Duplicate Admission Cards||Rs. 950/-|
|Fees Submit||Cash, DD|
|Distance Education||Yes (Calicut University Distance Education)|
|Admission process||CU Online/Offline|
|Approved||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Approved For admission Abroad||Yes (MHRD)|
|Application Form||Rs. 780/-|
|Application Form Fee (by post)||Rs.850/-|
Calicut University Admission 2021-22
The university has been offering various UG & PG plans for admission, and those who are interested in getting access for the year 2021 can apply online for admission. The university authorities accept only online forms.
Calicut University UG Admission
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
- Duration: The period for completing the course is four years on the campus without any failure.
- Eligibility: Those candidates who have passed their 12th from a known board can apply for admission if they have the minimum scores to attain.
- Choice Mode: The selection of candidates is base on the exam like JEE Mains, Kerala CEE, and for this course, KEAM counselling requires.
- Duration: The completion period for this course is three years on the campus without any failure.
- Eligibility: Those applicants who have passed their intermediates from any recognized board can apply for admission in this course if they have died with the required minimum marks.
- Choice Mode: Admission in this course is granted based on the JEE Mains exam and Kerala CEE exam marks.
- Duration: The completion period for this course is three years on campus without any failure.
- Eligibility: Those applicants who have passed their inter from any recognized board with science subjects having min marks required by the university can apply for admission in this course.
- Choice Mode: JEE Mains and Kerala Admission exam scores are a base for the admission and the merit of the previous class.
- Duration: The period required for this course is three years without any failure on the campus.
- Eligibility: Those applicants who have passed their inter with minimum marks required by the university can apply for this course.
- Choice Mode: The admissions to the applicants are granted based on marks in examinations like JEE Main and Kerala CEE exams.
- Tourism and Travel Management
- Banking and Insurance
- Banking and Finance
For getting admission into BBA, it is not necessary to give an entrance exam. The total duration of the program is about three years. If you have passed HSE or any other similar examination with more than 50% marks, you are eligible for admission. You only have a 5% relaxation on SC, OBC, and ST. The selection criteria are merit-based.
Calicut University PG Admission
- Duration: The period for the completion is 2 years within the campus.
- Eligibility: Those applicants who have passed their BSc level with a min of 55% marks from any known university are eligible to apply for admission.
- Choice Mode: The choice of the candidates is made based on the GATA exam.
- Duration: The period for this course is 2 years without any failure.
- Eligibility: Candidates who have passed their B.Com level with the minimum marks required from any known university are eligible to apply.
- Choice Mode: The selection of candidates is done based on the marks gained in the GATA exam.
In the M.Tech department, you get more than 30 specializations. The selection criteria are admission based, so you need to pass the entrance examination. You need to have a degree in BBA or BCom from Calicut University or any other equivalent one with at least 45% marks to be eligible for admission. The duration of the MTech is about 2 years.
It is a two-year degree, and you can also do this course either part-time or full-time. The number of specializations offered in MBA is
- International Finance
- Healthcare Management
To get admission into the Calicut University M.Ed, you require a degree of B.Ed from this university or any other one with at least 45% marks. There is no entrance examination, and if you have passed a bachelor’s degree, you are eligible to take admission in M.Ed. The Selection Criteria are merit-based for this program.
- Duration: The period for the completion is 2 years without any failure.
- Eligibility: Those applicants who have done their BA with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized university can apply for admission.
- Choice Mode: Admission to the applicants is granted based on the GATA examination. In MA, you get four different Specializations:
- For getting into Economics, you need to have at least 55% mars in Part III or an equivalent grade in the BA degree from Calicut University in Economics, Development Economics, and Foreign Trade.
- It would help if you had a BSc degree from Calicut University in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science with 70% marks in Part III.
- You need to have passed BA English Lang. & History Functional English with at least 45% marks.
- BSc or a BA degree with 45% marks in Part I from either this university or equivalent.
- A CGPA of 50% is mandatory for every candidate.
MA Political Science
- There is an Under Mark System present here. The candidate needs a BA Degree in Political Science. He also needs a primary or subsidiary paper in Political Science with at least 45% marks.
- BA degree requires the Under Grading System with at least one Core Course in Political Science and CGPA equal to 50%.
- You will need a BA Degree in Malayalam with 45% marks in Part III or a B.Sc. degree in Malayalam in Part II with the same 45% marks to be eligible.
- For the candidates under the grading system, they need at least 50% of the total CGPA.
B.Ed. Special Education ( Hearing Impaired)
- Bachelor of Education in Special Education is a course that can be pursued after graduation for those candidates who want to be a teacher and serve physically disabled children who face problems in hearing.
Calicut University Admission 2021 Last Date
|Important Events||Date||Dates (Tentative)|
|MEd Registration form||Upload||03 September 2021 (Closed)|
|MEd application form and fee||Last Date||13 September 2021 (Closed)|
|PG programs registration||Last date||13 Oct 2021|
|Online registration for BEd||Starts||10 September 2021 (Closed)|
|Online registration for BEd||Ends||11 Oct 2021|
|Online UG admission||starts||06 September 2021 (Closed)|
|Online UG admission||closes on||16 September 2021 (Closed)|
|UG fee payment||last date||16 September 2021 (Closed)|
Calicut University Application Form Process 2021
As this is the largest university in Kerala, it offers about 65,997 seats in various undergraduate programs. The university currently provides 150 UG programs, and more than 90 PG programs are also available. Some of the departments include Science, Law, Commerce, Arts, etc. Almost all of the admissions in this university are from the National Level or through an internal exam.
- The candidates will have to click the following link (calicutuni.com)
- It leads them to the web page of the uni
- Now click on register now
- After filling a form, click on submit now
- The registration process has ended now
- Candidates are required to submit the following documents along with the application form:
- Equivalence Certificate
- Photocopy of Passport of the parent having NRI status
- Copy of Visa and Passport
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- NRI Status Certificate (Required only for NRIs
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- Address Proof
- 4 Passport Size Photograph
Calicut University Courses & Fees
|MSc||1st-year fees are INR 4,770||Graduation|
|BSc||1st-year fees are INR 39,000||10+2|
|MPhil||Total fees are INR 6,575||Post Graduation|
|MBA||1st-year fees are INR 48,000||Graduation with fifty percent with CAT|
|BTech||1st-year fees are INR 35,000||10+2|
|BA||1st-year fees are INR 48,000||10+2|
|MTech||1st-year fees are INR 3,570||Graduation|
- Address: Calicut University PO Malappuram,673635
- Email Id: email@example.com
- Contact No.: 0494 2660600, 0494 2407227, 0494 2400816
- Source: Official Website
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th