List of Commerce Entrance Exams 2020: The commerce entrance examination is a test that targets students with an interest in diverse fields. The candidates are required to apply for these exams before the exam period approaches. Also, there are different types of exams for any students who are passionate about commerce. Unknown to some potential candidates, there are both Undergraduate Entrance Exams as well as Postgraduate Entrance Exams.
List Of Commerce Entrance Exams 2020
- CFA Institute
- ICSI Company Secretaries (CS)
- ICAI Chartered Accountants (CA)
- ICMAI Cost Accountants
- DU DSE M.Com. Entrance Test
- Patna Women’s College B.Com Entrance Exam
Commerce Entrance Exams: Types
- CA – ICAI: The Institute of Chartered Accountant conducts the entrance exam. Also, the body administers three levels of exams to the candidates. These are – common proficiency test, the intermediate examination, and the final exam.
- CS – ICSI: The entrance exam is conducted by the Institute of company secretary secretaries of India. Also, for candidates to be eligible for the exam, they must meet some basic requirements.
The commerce entrance exam is done to get admission in a full-time course. The CS ICSI exam is conducted twice every year. These exams are done in May and November.
- ICMAI (Cost Accountant Entrance Exam): This exam has to be the most popular one for students interested in commerce. For students to be eligible for the exam, they need to have passed a test by ICMAI.
Also, it’s crucial to note that the entrance exam is conducted by the Institute of Cost Accountant of India.
- PUCET: The entrance is popularly known by its acronym, PUCET. Also, the exam is organized by Patna Women’s college. PUCET is usually conducted once a year in June.
Courses Under Commerce
B. Com (Cost and Management Accountancy)
B. Com (Chartered Accountancy)
B. Com (Management)
Bachelor of Commerce and Marketing
B. Com (Human Resource Management)
Scope of Commerce
The Scope of Commerce is at its peak right now. The field has multiple career opportunities to venture in. However, the choice of the field heavily depends on the area of specialization. Most students opt to specialize in specific areas based on their strength and passion. Some of these areas of specialization include banking, accounting, auditing, and many others.
Depending on the field that they choose, they can also go for a PG course after completing their Bachelor’s degree. With expertise, there are probabilities for them to get a better job in their field.
Career Opportunities in Commerce
Commerce is one of the careers with vast job opportunities for graduates. The choice of the job may rely on several factors such as passion and the area of specialization. Below are the most preferred career opportunities by the graduates.
- Human Resource Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Financial planner
- Business analyst
- Chief Financial Officer