Delhi University Distance Education 2021-22: Delhi University distance education, commonly known as SOL DU, is one of India’s largest distance education institutions. It was established in the year 1922. DU SOL offers various graduate and postgraduate courses like B.A, M.A, M.Com, etc. Students can take direct admission to this university on a merit basis without any entrance exam. It Is a Premier University Which is Known for Its High Standard Education System. The University is approved by the University Grant Commission (UGC).
Delhi University Distance Education is promoted by its School of Open Learning (SOL). This institute is approved by DEB and affiliated with Delhi University. Currently, it provides education to almost 5 lac students, thus being the most extensive distance institute in India. DU SOL will start admissions in June 2012 for nearly all degree programs in distance mode.
Our commitment is to continue to be at the forefront of providing the best education to our students, and Delhi university provides the SOL and many different programs for different types of streams. Candidates can apply the bright and sustainable future of our nation and that of the whole world by acting and the university community.
Delhi University Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Delhi University Distance Education|
|Location||New Delhi, Delhi|
|Approved By||University Grants Commission (UGC-DEB)|
Delhi University Distance Education Admission 2021-22
Admission to DU SOL will soon start in July 2021 for courses such as UG and PG. Students will have to submit the application forms on or before the deadline. The last date or deadline to submit the application forms is September 2021. Following the closing of applications, counselling will start for different courses.
Delhi University UG Admission
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
Delhi university distance education offers many courses to candidates at the UG level. A short brief of the UG courses offered by the university is given below:
- Duration: The duration of BA courses is three years.
- Eligibility: The candidates who have passed 10+2 exams from any recognized institute can apply for BA courses.
- Choice Mode: University offers admission in BA courses based on merit.
- Duration: The minimum time required to complete the degree of B.Com is three years.
- Eligibility Criteria: To become eligible for admission in B.Com courses, the candidate must have passed 10+2 qualifying exams from any known university in India.
- Choice Mode: The admission is granted to the candidate based on merit in BA courses.
- Duration: B.Com (Hons) is a three-year program.
- Eligibility: A candidate who has passed a vocational or technical degree with a minimum of 50% marks is eligible for entry in B.Com (Hons).
- Choice Mode: Admission is granted based on merit.
- Duration: The period of BA (Hons) is three years generally.
- Eligibility: The candidates who have done a diploma in elective English language are eligible.
- Choice Mode: University grants admission on a merit basis.
Delhi University PG Admission
Delhi university’s distance education offers many courses at the PG level to the candidates. Some PG courses offered by the university are described below:
- Time: MA Hindi is generally a 2-year program.
- Eligibility: The candidates who have a degree of BA in Hindi are eligible for admission.
- Choice Mode: Half of the entry is granted on a merit basis, whereas the remaining are allotted on an entrance exam.
- Time: The period of MA Sanskrit courses is two years.
- Eligibility: The candidates having a degree of BA Sanskrit can apply for admission in MA Sanskrit courses.
- Choice Mode: University grants 50% access on a merit basis and 50% admissions on an entrance exam basis.
MA [Political Sciences]
- Time: The minimum time required to complete the MA Political Sciences degree is two years.
- Eligibility: A candidate with a BA in Political Sciences can apply for admissions in MA Political Sciences.
- Choice Mode: University grants entries in this course based on both merit and entrance exam.
- Time: M.Com is a 2-year program.
- Eligibility: Candidates having a degree in B.Com is eligible for admission in M.Com courses.
- Choice mode: University grants admission based on marks obtained by the candidates in entrance exams.
- Time: Duration of M.Com (Hons) is two years.
- Eligibility: A candidate having a degree in B.Com (Hons) can apply for admission.
- Choice Mode: The grant of entries directly basis on the entrance exam held by the university.
- Time: PhD is a three years program.
- Eligibility: Candidates who have completed their M.Phil degree can apply for PhD admission.
- Choice Mode: The grant of entry will be based on the marks gained by the candidates in the entrance exam.
Delhi University Distance Education provides an excellent educational environment inside the university campus, and this university provided all significant facilities like hostels, libraries, medical facilities, and the various central facility is there
- Experienced Faculty
- Well stocked library
- Personal Contact Programmes (PCP)
Delhi University Distance Education Application Process 2021
DU-Delhi University (DU-SOL) Admission Open For Current Batch 2021-22. Interested Students Kindly Go to Official Website to Fill Online Admission Form For Current Session 2021. The application Form Will Soon be Available on the Official Website. to Check the University Notice For Admission. Check here DU Cut Off 2021.
After filling the application form, check it properly and then click on the submit button. The application fee can be paid by the demand draft or cash, or other media. If you need more details, please visit the website link. School of Open Learning of the Delhi University Provides Courses Based on Distance Mode of Learning to the Students Who Are Unable to Opt Any Regular Courses and Want an Adjustable and Vocational Learning courses.
It Offers Various Undergraduate and Post Graduate Courses of Study in Faculties of Arts/Humanities and Commerce. A student can get the “Student Fee Receipt and ID Card” of Admission 2021-22 through the link, which is official and available in this article.
The application fee in DU SOL is Rs.750 for the General and OBC categories. While for the same courses, the fee is Rs. 350 for SC/ST/PWD aspirants.
How to fill the Application Form?
- The candidate must attach the passport size photograph with the application form, which must be more than 4 Kb and less than 24 Kb with a resolution of 100 Pixels Width and 120 Pixel Heights.
- The candidate must have uploaded the signature in Jpg format.
- The size of the Document must be less than 2 MB and in Pdf Format.
- The candidate kindly visits the official website of this university.
- Then registered and log in and fill in all the required information concerning all the necessary details.
- Upload the required documents and click on submit.
- Pay the fees of registration online and save the final application form.
- After success fee payment, print the fee receipt and print the ID Card.
- Visit the designated SOL centre and get your documents verified.
- Filled application form.
- Bank draft of admission confirmation fees.
- Two latest passport-size.
- Self-attested copy of bachelor degree for current year candidates will have to submit the photocopy of degree.
- Provisional and original certificates.
- Migration certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Disability certificate.
- Income certificate
- Photocopy of class 10th and 12th certificates.
Delhi University Distance Education Courses & Duration
|Under Graduate Courses|
|BA Program||3 Years|
|BA(H) PS||3 Years|
|BA(H) English||3 Years|
|Post Graduate Courses|
|MA (Hindi)||2 Years|
|MA (Sanskrit)||2 Years|
|M.A (History)||2 Years|
|MA (PS)||2 Years|
Delhi University Distance Education Affiliated Colleges
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1958||Government|
|Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1983||Government|
|Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1954||Government|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College for Women, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1916||Government|
|University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi University||New Delhi, Delhi||1971||Government|
|University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1971||Government|
|Campus Law Centre, Delhi University, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1924||Government|
|Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1983||Government|
|Faculty of Law, Delhi University, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1924||Government|
|Hansraj College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1948||Government|
|Hindu College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1899||Government|
|Department of Business Economics, Delhi University, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1973||Government|
|Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1990||Government|
|Ramjas College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1917||Government|
|Kirori Mal College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1954||Government|
|Bhim Rao Ambedkar College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1991||Government|
|Lady Shriram College for Women, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1956||Government|
|Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1926||Government|
|Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1987||Government|
|Gargi College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1967||Government|
|Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1961||Government|
|Department of Commerce, Delhi University, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1967||Government|
|Miranda House, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1948||Government|
|Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1926||Private|
|Shivaji College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1961||Government|
|Daulat Ram College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1960||Government|
|Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1967||Government|
|Dyal Singh College, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1910||Government|
|Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1989||Government|
|Kamala Nehru College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1964||Government|
|Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1949||Government|
|Maharaja Agrasen College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1994||Government|
|Deshbandhu College, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1952||Government|
|Motilal Nehru College, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1964||Government|
|Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1959||Government|
|Acharya Narendra Dev College, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1991||Government|
|Zakir Husain Delhi College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1975||Government|
|Sri Guru Tegbahadur Khalsa College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1951||Government|
|Kalindi College, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1967||Government|
|Indraprastha College for Women, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1924||Government|
|Swami Shraddhanand College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1967||Government|
|College of Vocational Studies, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1972||Government|
|Ram Lal Anand College, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1964||Government|
|Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College, Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1973||Government|
|Rajdhani College, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1964||Government|
|Sri Aurobindo College, New Delhi||New Delhi, Delhi||1972||Government|
List of Top 10 Delhi University Distance Education
|Name of the University||Types of University||Year of Established|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University Distance Education||State University||1976|
|Rajiv Gandhi University Distance Education||Central University||1984|
|Dibrugarh University Distance Education||State University||1965|
|Mahatma Gandhi University Distance Education||State University||1983|
|Tripura University Distance Education||Central University||1987|
|Dr CV Raman Distance Education University, Bilaspur||Private University||2006|
|Pt. Sunderlal Sharma (Open) Distance Education University, Bilaspur||State University||2005|
|Pondicherry Distance Education University, Pondicherry||Central University||1985|
|University of Kashmir Distance Education, Srinagar||State University||1948|
|University of Kerala Distance Education, Thiruvananthapuram||State University||1937|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the mode of learning of the university?
Ans: It provides open learning
Q: In which city of India is this university present?
Q: When & why added the department of distance education to the main campus?
Ans: This department was added to the main campus of Delhi university in 1962 after realizing the need for the promotion of distance education.
- Address: Benito Juarez Marg, South Campus, South Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi – 110021
- Phone: 011-27667853
- Email: email@example.com
- Source: Official Website
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th