Diploma in Community Medicine Admission 2021-22: Community Medicine is a two-year postgraduate diploma course. It is a course focused on the health of the members of a community or defined groups of any particular region. It prepares students to work for society’s health needs and evaluate, implement, and plan health programs to meet their requirements effectively. Many universities and colleges offer Diploma in Community Medicine courses.
Community Medicine is a PG diploma after Graduation (MBBS). This type of certification belongs to the medical science stream. The minimum completing period for this course is 2-years.
Diploma in Community Medicine Highlights
|Course Name||Diploma in Community Medicine|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam and Merit-Based|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3 to 18 Lacs|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 7,000 to 2 lacs|
|Eligibility||Passed Class 10+2 from a recognized board|
Diploma in Community Medicine Admission 2021-22
- Students should pass the Qualifying NEET PG Score as recommended by MCI. MBBS or its equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India. Admission to this course is chosen solely based on merit. Merit is determined by the competitive exam, as determined by the national level centralized entry test (AIPGMEE), and the MCI guidelines.
- Community Medicine is a type of medical science that includes studying society’s issues as a whole rather than at the individual level. Many detailed forms of research are performed to obtain in-depth health and hygiene data from a specific topological field. The course teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students in science and through coordinated community activities.
- This two-year diploma focuses on the community members’ health or a specific group of any particular area/region. DCM prepares individuals to work for the needs of society’s health and make a proper and well planned to resolve community health issues.
- The community medicine diploma syllabus contains the History of Public Health, Biostatistics, Health Management, Genetics, Health Economics, Medical Sociology, Nutrition, Environmental Health, Mental Health, Behavioural Science, etc.
- The course aims to train medical students to act as doctors in the community and primary care. They are moving towards achieving these targets. The department implements several projects. The dietary problems and needs of different groups of the population are the subject of this course.
- The eligibility for this program is an MBBS degree from a recognized university.
- Multiple medical colleges across the country are offering admissions in DCM every year. The popular colleges for this program are GMERS Gotri, SRTR Maharashtra, and TMC Kerala.
- The admissions in this diploma are granted after conducting an MCQs based entrance exam.
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
The average annual fee for a Community Medicine Diploma course ranges between INR 7,000 to 2 lakhs.
A centralized entrance test was held at the national level (AIPGMEE) and as per the guidelines of MCI. It is required for admission to community medicine.
- Medical Entrance Examinations
- Nursing Entrance Examinations
- Pharmacy Entrance Examinations
- Science Entrance Examinations
The average pay of INR is 3 to 18 lakhs for the job’s roles from learning Diploma in Community Medicine course.
- The top recruiting areas for Community medicine experts are NGOs, Health Care Organizations, State Health Services, Medical colleges and universities, pharmaceutical industries, medical research organizations, etc.
- The job roles offered to such doctors will be Family Physicians, Public Health Officer, Public Health Project Manager, Teacher/Lecturer, Research officer, etc.
- The advanced studies after completion of Community Medicine Diploma Course are MD or MS in Community Medicine.
Types Of Courses
Full-Time: The 3-year course in environmental nursing focuses on the health of community residents.
Diploma in Community Medicine Syllabus
|Health Services Administration||Health Behaviour|
|Global Applications in Public Health||–|
|Epidemiology (Theory & Application)||Field Work|
|Public Health, Environment & Society||Projects|
Suggested University For Diploma in Community Medicine in India
|University Name||State||Type of University|
|Venkateshwara Open University Admission||Arunachal Pradesh||Private University|
|Assam Agricultural University Admission||Assam||State University|
|Assam Don Bosco University Admission||Assam||Private University|
|Assam Down Town University Admission||Assam||Private University|
|Assam University Admission||Assam||Central University|
Be the first to leave a review.