Diploma in Food Technology Admission 2021-22: Diploma in Food production is the course of a duration of 1.6 years. The course is followed by twenty-four weeks of industrial training. The candidate having a 10+2 level completion degree can apply for the course. The Diploma in Food Technology is a 02-year diploma in the Food Science stream.
A diploma in food technology is a two-year diploma course in the food sciences field. It is a diploma course that provides skillful and professional technicians. Many institutes of India offer this course via distance learning and a merit-based admission system.
So, what’s a diploma in food technology? This educational program can concentrate on cooking, making drinks, or following general food safety protocols. You will read about emerging developments in cooking, recycled goods, teamwork, team management, and catering. Many of these diploma programs provide hands-on training on a farm or in a kitchen or pub. Some institutions favor students with a degree of culinary training or similar schooling.
Diploma In Food Technology Highlights
|Degree||Diploma in Food Technology|
|Full-Form||Diploma in Food Technology|
|Age||15 to 17 years|
|Minimum Percentage||50% in HSC|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 16.000 to 47,000|
|Similar Options of Study||BE In Food Technology, B.Tech in Food Technology|
|Average Salary Offered||INR two to six Lacs per year|
|Employment Roles||Food technologist, Food processor, Food quality assurance manager, and Production supervisor|
Diploma in Food Technology Admission 2021-22
The course focuses on developing innovations and technologies in the Food Industry. This Diploma provides professionals and skillful technicians in the field of food sciences. During this 02-year diploma program following subjects will be taught to students; Food Chemistry, Food Microbiology, Food Technology, Food Packing Techniques, Food Processing, Food Materials, Dairy Technology, Cereal Technology, Cost Management, and Accounting, and Sensory Evaluation Techniques, etc.
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
- The Diploma in Food Technology eligibility is 12th class Education with min 55% score in science subjects.
- Diploma in Food Technology Admission is offered through conducting different entrance exams by various Institutions across India.
- The overall average tuition fee charged for that type of Diploma ranges from INR 40K to 03 Lakh.
- The students passed 10+2 with a min 50% mark from the well-renowned board.
- The aggregate score should be a minimum of 50% at the 10+2 level.
- The duration of this diploma course is 1.6 years.
- The food industry is a competitive field.
- The aspiring students that passed 10+2 or maybe an equivalent degree from a recognized board can apply.
- The program is best for those individuals who want to work individually as well as in a team.
- The average salary offers to the successful candidate is INR 2-6 lacs per year.
- The course is best for the individual who wants to take the food technology course in the future.
- The candidate having a biology subject in class 10th can easily be passed this course.
- It is an admission that offers to aspirants on the basis of marks obtained in the last qualified exams. Minimum 55% marks are necessary to get admission to the course.
- A diploma in food technology is also offered to aspirants after passing entrance exams conducted by many institutions of India.
- Many institutions of India offer this course via a distance learning mode of education.
The average fee charged for Diploma in Food Technology course is INR 16,000 to INR 47,000.
Diploma in Food Technology Admission Process 2021
Many universities and colleges offer this course after an entrance test and personal interview. Diploma in Food Technology Admission in many colleges varies depending upon the number of candidates and seats available.
- You need to submit your document along with the admission form.
- Attach the test score marks of the entrance test with the form
- Attest the documents if required.
How to Apply?
- Students can apply for this program via online and offline sources.
- You need to visit the online website and download the admission form.
- Fill the form with your educational and personal data.
- After entering data you need to submit the form to the required department.
- University or college announces the date of enrollment or interview
Why Choose Diploma in FT?
This program is suitable for those individuals who can work individually as well as in a team. The candidate that has a passion for developing various production method for the food industry is the best candidate for the course. The course aimed to provide training in various aspects. The course also helps to train students for entrepreneurship in many specialized areas.
Many institutes offer the course to those students who passed the entrance test. List here are some entrance test conducted for the course:
- Haryana DET
- West Bengal JEXPO
The average annual income generated by food technologists is ranging from INR 02 Lac to 06 lac per annum.
Those professionals can make their careers in Flight Kitchens, Research and Development Sectors, Educational Institutes, Food Production, inspection department, Food quality control departments, Food Processing factories, Food analysis laboratories, etc.
Such diploma technicians can do jobs are Hygiene Executive, Home Economist, Analyst, Technical Marketing Professional, Small Scale Entrepreneur, product development executive, etc. After completing a diploma in Food Technology, the higher studies are M.Tech in Food Technology, Dairy Technology, Food Processing, and other PGDM in Food Sciences.
Course Preparation Tips
Some of the healthy course preparation tips are:
- Get up early in the morning
- Say a prayer and Go for a walk
- After the walk, revise all topics taught in the previous lecture daily.
- Get help from teachers and fellows when a problem arises.
- Prepare exams according to exam pattern
- Makes regular lecture notes
- Always give a presentation in class.
- Boost up your confidence level
Diploma In Food Technology Specialization
a) Food Technologist:
- He is responsible for the assurance of the production of food.
- The salary package of a food technologist in India is INR 2,25,000
b) Food Processor
- He is responsible for evaluating and researching new service and product opportunities.
- The average salary of a food processor is INR 6,44,431
c) Food Quality Assurance Manager
- He is responsible for managing safety and quality standards of food.
- The average salary of a food quality assurance manager is INR 9,64,916.
d) Production Supervisor
- These individuals usually organize and plan production schedules.
- The average salary of a production supervisor is INR 2,36,220 per year.
List of Diploma Courses
Top University & Fees
|MATS University||3 years||83185|
|O.P. Jindal University||3 years||83430|
|Shri Rawatpura Sarkar University||3 years||84410|
|Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University||3 years||26600|
|Dr. C.V. Raman University||3 years||26625|
|Purnea University||3 years||26300|
Top 5 College for Diploma in Food Technology in India
|College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management||Chandigarh||INR 39,670|
|State Institute of Hotel Management||Balangir||INR 30,000|
|Institute of Hotel Management||Rohtak||INR 38,900|
|Institute of Hotel management||Gangtok||INR 60,000|
|Institute of Hotel management||Faridabad||INR 75K|
Types of Course Learning
It is the diploma certificate program. The course is held in both regular and distance education type:
a) Regular diploma course in food production
- The classes are for 18 months of this course.
- Regular classes are held in the respective department.
- Quizzes and assignment are completed by the students regularly
- The proper attendance of students is compulsory.
b) Distance education degree course in food production
- Many universities offer distance learning programs.
- No physical classes are held.
- Online quizzes are taken and assignment is submitted by the students.
Diploma in Food Technology Syllabus
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|3||Sensory Evaluation Techniques|
|9||Cost Management & Accountancy|
Q1) What type of jobs you can get after this diploma course?
Ans: a) Food technologist:
- b) Food processor
- c) Food quality assurance manager
- d) Production supervisor
Q2) What are the main features of the Diploma in Food technology course?
Ans: Diploma in Food production is the course of a duration of 1.6 years. The course is followed by twenty-four weeks of industrial training.
Q3) What is the average course fee for a diploma?
Ans: The average fee charged for this course is INR 16,000 to INR 47,000.
Q4) What are higher studies that can opt by students after this diploma course?
Ans: After successful completion of the Diploma course, students may pursue B.Tech and B.E programs in related fields. This course is suitable for those students who want to work in an individual and a team.
Q5) What are the entrance test exams conducted for this course?
Ans: List here are some entrance test conducted for the course:
- Haryana DET
- West Bengal JEXPO
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th