Diploma in Occupational Therapy Admission 2021-22: The students who want to make their career as a therapist can achieve their dreams by doing a diploma in occupational therapy. The students must have to complete their 10+2 exam in biology with the 55% average required marks.
Diploma in Occupational Therapy is a 2-to 3-year Diploma Course in Occupational Therapy for students who want to pursue their careers as therapists. The course’s eligibility is a 10+2 test or similar with a minimum of 55 percent mark on the PCB science community. Many universities offer Diploma in Occupational Therapy course programs.
Diploma in Occupational Therapy Highlights
|Course Name||Diploma in Occupational Therapy|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/ Entrance Exam Based|
|Full-Form of Diploma OT||Diploma of Occupational Therapy|
|Course Fee||INR 15,000 to 1 lacs|
|Average Salary||INR 2 lacs to 5 lacs|
|Eligibility||Class 12th with PCB or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks.|
Diploma in Occupational Therapy Admission 2021-22
- There are plenty of institutions that offer such diplomas. The occupational therapy diplomas have a duration of 1 to 3 years. The institutes take an entry test before admission. A diploma in Occupational Therapy is a three-year diploma. It is after the 12th class diploma course.
- The completion period for this diploma is three years. This course belongs to the medical sciences stream.
This course aims to provide skills in occupational therapy. Occupational therapy contains skills like how to improve human health and human performance.
- The diploma in occupational therapy is a science field that deals with human bones and muscles and their fitness. The diplomas in occupational therapy are very common in India nowadays.
- The DOT syllabus includes the study of Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Introduction to Physiology, Sociology, Communication, Research Methods, Occupational Therapy Processes, Child Education, Neurophysiology, Lifestyle Redesign, etc.
- Candidates having HSC (12th) class education are eligible to apply for an Occupational Therapy Diploma.
- The admissions of DOT are merit-based and entrance exam based.
- The entries of this diploma are offered at various medical institutes across the country. The popular colleges/universities for this course are MMDU, VEWT, and Aligarh School of Nursing.
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
The average cost charged for the Occupational Therapy course ranges between INR 15K to 1 Lac. This is a rough estimation. The actual fee charged may vary in private and public institutes.
- Medical Entrance Examinations
- Nursing Entrance Examinations
- Pharmacy Entrance Examinations
- Science Entrance Examinations
The average annual income generated by diploma holders of occupational therapy ranges between INR 2 Lacs to 05 Lacs per annum. The top recruiting areas for these technicians are Hospitals, Universities or Colleges, Nursing Homes, Community Health Centres, Rehabilitation Centres, Occupational Health Centres, etc.
The job positions offered to such graduates are Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy Nurse, Speech Therapist, Physiotherapist, Medical Coder, Rehabilitation therapist, etc. After completing this diploma, the higher studies are BSc in Occupational Therapy, MSc, and other PG diploma course in occupational therapy.
Types of Cоurѕе
- A diploma in occupational therapy is a full-time regular program.
- The duration of this program is four years that are divided into eight semesters.
- There are institutions that offer part-time courses.
Diploma in Occupational Therapy Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II||Semester III|
|Human Anatomy 1A||Human Anatomy 1B||Introduction to Psychology|
|Human Physiology 1A||Human Physiology 1B||Introduction to Sociology|
|Communication||Research Methods||Clinical Education 1|
|Occupational Therapy Theory & Process 1A||Occupational Therapy Theory & Process 1B||Lifestyle & Lifespan Development|
|Human Occupations 1A||Human Occupations 1B||Neurophysiology|
|Psychological Disorders & Treatments||Health & Neuropsychology||Statistics|
|Occupational Therapy Theory & Process 2A||Occupational Therapy Theory & Process 2B||Components of Occupational Performance 1A|
|Human Occupations 2A||Human Occupations 2B||Components of Occupational Performance 1B|
|Components of Occupational Performance 1C||Components of Occupational Performance 1D||Lifestyle Redesign|
|Family & Medical Sociology||Clinical Education 2||Applied Physiology & Biomechanics|
|Occupational Therapy Project 1||Occupational Therapy Project 2||Occupational Therapy Theory & Process 3A|
|Occupational Therapy Theory & Process 3B||Human Occupations 3A||Human Occupations 3B|
|Components of Occupational Performance 2A||Components of Occupational Performance 2B||Components of Occupational Performance 2C|
Diploma in Occupational Therapy University & Fees
|University Name||Duration||Average Fee||Apply|
|The Indira Gandhi Technological & Medical Sciences University||3 Years||80410|
|Dr. MGR Medical University Admission||3 Years||80675|
|Pacific Medical University Admission||3 Years||82275|
|King George’s Medical University||3 Years||83325|
|Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences||3 Years||83875|
|AURO University of Hospitality and Management||3 Years||82165|
|Ayush and Health Sciences University of Chhattisgarh||3 Years||82920|
Be the first to leave a review.