DU Admission 2021-22: Delhi University online admission has been closed up at the DU official site for the 2021-22 session. The site must be constantly checked for all the important dates, notices, updates, etc. The University of Delhi is a public research institution located in Delhi. This university was founded according to the Act of Central Legislative Assembly in 1922. This is one of the only few institutes which has the status of Institute of Eminence. This is a collegiate university, so the main functions are distributed between academic departments and affiliated colleges.
The university offers various traditional courses like BA, BSc, and BCom on the basis of cut off lists that varies from college to college. The university also provides many PG and PhD courses on the basis of marks scored in entrance exams. Then, each department releases a merit list of selected students. Delhi university follows a semester pattern to conduct exams. The university offers world-class education even many foreigners come here to complete their studies.
- 7 September 2021: Delhi University has reopened the classes for UG & PG students with a maximum of 50% capacity from the 15th of September.
- 12 August 2021: DU releases the academic calendar for III & IV semesters of UG and PG courses for the academic year 2021-22. (Source)
Delhi University Highlights
|Who can apply||Gen/OBC/SC/ST, Persons with Disabilities (PWD), Board (NCWEB)|
|Total DU registration||367895 applied (figures for 2019)|
|DU Paid Registrations||254778 paid (figures for 2019)|
|Program||UG & PG|
|Name of the University||University of Delhi or Delhi University|
|Mode||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Fee Structure||DU Fees|
DU Admission 2021-22 | Merit & Entrance Based
The university offers various specializations in different Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. The different types of courses studied at this university are BA, BSc, B.Com, BTech, MA, MCOM, M.Sc, MTech. You have to qualify for the Entrance test to get admission to the university. This university is known for its high standards of teaching.
|Course Admission 2021 -22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
- Both Under Graduate & Post Graduate program admissions at Delhi University are both entrance and merit-based.
- The courses included in the merit base are BA, B.Voc, B.Sc, B.Com.
- The entrance-based selection criteria are for courses like BMS, BBS, BA (Economics), B.Tech, BA (Humanities and Social Sciences), B.El.ED., B.Sc in Health, Physical Education and there is also a Journalism course.
- The university self-conducts the examination for doctoral and post-grad admissions.
- This year, students who are registering don’t even have to choose colleges and subjects. Their merit list will allow them to take admission in every college and any course.
- For the Minority College admission, the students must fill the college form and enter their university registration number. Sikh Students need a certification from the Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee to authenticate their status.
- Students have to appear to get their documents verified in the admission process.
DU Admission 2021 Last Date
|DU UG Admission Start||2 August 2021 (Closed)|
|DU PG Admission Start||26 July 2021 (Closed)|
|DU Ph.D. Admission Start||26 July 2021 (Closed)|
|DU UG Admission Last Date||31 August 2021 (Closed)|
|DU PG Admission Last Date||21 August 2021 (Closed)|
DU UG Admission 2021-22
All of the undergraduate courses such as BA, B.Sc, and B.Com are open to admission in May every year. The candidates that are shortlisted for admission are based on their 10+2 examination test. The students who want to take admission can apply by using the online mode to secure admission.
DU BA Admission
You get the following two specializations in the BA degree:
- Vocational Studies
The eligibility criteria for taking admission in this course is to pass the 10+2 examination and you should at least have 40% marks.
DU BA (Hons) Admission
The following specializations are offered in the BA (Hons) are:
The eligibility criteria for these specializations is to pass the HSC exam with 45% marks. Another thing is to pass the aggregate with 40% and also 50% marks in the subject.
Other specializations that are offered are:
The eligibility criteria for these specializations are to pass the exam with 45% marks.
You can also do a BS (Hons) in Journalism where you have to pass the examination with at least 45% marks. There are also other criteria that you have to study the English language in the examination to study Journalism.
DU B.Voc Admission
The following specializations are offered in this program:
- Web Designing
- Printing Technology
- Health Care Management
- Retail Management & IT
- Software Development
- Banking Operation
The eligibility criteria for getting admission in B.Voc is to have passed the HSC examination with 40% marks.
DU B.Com (Hons) Admission
If you are a candidate and want to study B.Com and then you have to pass the examination with at least 45%. The candidate should have passed the Mathematics/Business Mathematics in the qualifying exam.
DU B.Sc (Hons) Admission
The following specializations are offered:
The candidate is only eligible for these two specializations only if you have passed the HSC exam with at least 45% marks and 50% marks in mathematics.
- Biological Sciences
The HSC examination must be passed with at least 55% and English with 50% marks to take admission in the above courses.
- Polymer Science
A minimum of 55% PCM marks and 50% marks in any language are required if the candidate wants to be eligible for the B.Sc (Hons) degree.
- For specializing in Geology, you need at least 55% marks in all of the science subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and 50% marks in a compulsory language.
- For Biochemistry, you need to have 55% Chemistry, Physics, Biology, etc and you also need to have 50% marks in any language or just simply pass the English exam.
- For Food Technology, a minimum of 55% marks are required in Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and 50% marks in English.
- To study Mathematical Science, you need to pass the HSC Exam with 40% marks.
- For the candidates wanting to apply for Physical Science, you need 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry Science, Mathematics and 40% marks in the English language.
- For Home Science, the HSC exam needs to be passed with at least 50% marks.
- Biomedical Science, a minimum of 55% marks in Science subjects and 50% marks in English.
For applying to the Undergraduate courses, the candidates have to register online, and then they have to go to the admission portal which is available on the official Delhi University website. After they have successfully registered for their admission, they can choose their desired courses and the only thing left will be to submit the fees.
DU Entrance-Based UG Admission 2021-22
The merit-based system is not the only way to take admission to Delhi University. The entrance test-based exam is also present for several undergraduate programs. The university conducts the entrance test and then based on marks, admission is granted in the respective courses. You can easily apply from the online portal for this entrance examination.
DU BMS Admission
- A minimum of 60% aggregate in the 10+2 level in four subjects. The subjects include English, Mathematics and two more subjects.
DU BTech Admission
- The candidate needs at least 60% aggregate in the 10+2 exam in four subjects which should include Mathematics. The entrance for B.Tech is MCQ-based.
DU BA (Hons) Humanities and Social Sciences Admission
- The candidates need to have a minimum of 60% aggregate in the 10+2 exams in four subjects. The admission test will be evaluated in the form of an MCQ-Based test.
DU Bachelor of Elementary Education Admission
- The candidates need to pass the 10+2 exam with 50% marks. However, this course is different from others as you need to give an entrance test rather than an MCQ one.
DU B.Sc in Physical, Health, and Sports Education
- The candidate is required to pass the HSC examination by getting at least 45% marks. Delhi University conducts an entrance test-based exam.
DU BA (Hons) in Multi-Media & Mass Communication Admission 2021
- All of the candidates are required to pass the HSC exam with at least 75% aggregate in a total of four subjects and they also need to have at least 85% marks in English. The university will conduct a physical entrance test for admission.
DU Integrated Journalism Course Admission
- The students are required to pass the HSC exam with 50% marks. There is no MCQ-based test for this course and you have to give the entrance-based exam.
- The process of application for Undergraduate entrance-based courses usually starts in the 1st week of July. All of the forms are accepted until the last week of September.
DU PG Admission 2021-22
There are a lot of Post Graduate courses in the Arts, Science, Commerce, etc. The application process generally starts in May and admission is only due to the Entrance test which the university conducts itself. There are also other courses like Cyber Security and Law offered by Delhi University.
- There will be two semesters for PG and each one contains a total of five subjects.
- The 85% weightage is given to the merit while 15% is awarded to the interview section.
Admissions in PG courses are done in the following ways:
- Half of the intake is filled only by the students that are on the merit list
- The rest of the 50% seats are filled with the students who qualify for the entrance examination and interview
DU Ph.D. Admission
There are a lot of UG and PG courses offered by Delhi University. You also get various specializations in the Ph.D. department. But in order to take admission in Ph.D., you need to qualify for a Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks. The specializations offered are:
- Applied Sciences & Humanities
- Commerce & Business Studies
- Inter-Disciplinary & Applied Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Music & Fine Arts
DU Application Form Process 2021-22
The submission of the DU Application Form 2021 needs further proceedings to confirm the completion of the admission procedure. DU is a central public university that offers various types of courses to students. The postgraduate, undergraduate, and diploma courses have different criteria for admission. There are also Doctoral programs for higher studies.
- Step 1: Go to the official website ugadmission.uod.ac.in. You can also find the website from Google.
- Step 2: Click on the “New Registration” Button. Fill in all your information that is required for registration.
- Step 3: Create a New profile and login with the new credentials
- Step 4: Choose your course of choice, fill out the DU UG Application Form, and upload the required documents in the given format
- Step 5: Pay the registration fees and click the “submit” button
- Step 6: Download the form, and print it.
DU Important Points for Online Application
- Online fee payments can be made via debit or credit cards.
- The student must know that the application fee cannot be refunded.
- There are no hidden or extra charges to apply for different subjects or courses.
- For the submission of the DU admission form, UG courses need an application charge of Rs. 150 for UR and OBC. For the SC/ST and PwD candidates, the costs are Rs.75. And for Sports/EC, it is Rs.100. These are charges for merit-based applications.
- The entrance-based application in the UG courses is different. It is Rs.500 for the UR/OBC candidates. And it is Rs.250 for the SC/ST and PwD candidates
- Delhi School start a new course for Skill Enhancement and Entrepreneurship Development (DSSEED)
- They stated in the letter that the open book examination is against our rules and anti-social justice.
- The file size of the pictures is 21KB to 50KB for photograph and signature.
- The file sizes of the pictures for certificates are 75 KB to 150 KB.
- There is no need to send the printed application form to DU again.
DU BA Course Specializations
Delhi University Education Departments
There are various education departments at the University of Delhi. Some popular departments are listed below.
Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Humanities
- Business Economics
Faculty of Arts
- Library & Information Science
- Modern Indian Languages and Literary Studies
- Buddhist Studies
- Germanic & Romance Studies
- Slavonic & Finno-Ugrian Studies
Faculty of Commerce & Business Studies
- Financial Studies
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Interdisciplinary & Applied Sciences
- Electronic Science
- Physical Education & Sports Sciences
- Plant Molecular Biology
- Faculty of Law
Faculty of Management Studies
- Business Management & Industrial Administration
Faculty of Mathematical Sciences
- Computer Science
- Operational Research
Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Anaesthesiology & Critical Care
- Medical Bio-Chemistry
- Community Medicine
- Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy
- Dental Sciences
- Forensic Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Medical Microbiology
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Radiology, Radiotherapy, Radiodiagnosis & Radiation Medicine
Faculty of Music
- Fine Arts
Faculty of Open Learning
- Distance & Continuing Education
Faculty of Science
- Environmental Studies
- Home Science
- Physics & Astrophysics
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Adult, Continuing Education & Extension
- African Studies
- Delhi School of Journalism
- East Asian Studies
- Political Science
- Social Work
Faculty of Technology
- Applied Sciences & Humanities
- Architecture & Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Production & Industrial Engineering
- Affiliated Faculties
- Ayurvedic & Unani Medicine
- Homoeopathic Medicine
- Teaching Centre
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Center for Biomedical Research
- Institute of Informatics & Communication
- Cluster Innovation Centre
List of Delhi University (DU) Colleges
DU Related Universities
- Official Website: www.du.ac.in
- Contact Number: 011-27006900, 011-27001015
- Address: Benito Juarez Marg, South Campus, South Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110021
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply Course After 12th