AMIE Exam 2020: Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus, AMIE stands for the Associate Member of the Institute of Engineers. As the name suggests, the entrance exam offers admission for a B. Tech degree program. The good news is that the review is also open for international aspirants. There are other exam centers outside India to accommodate as many aspirants as possible. However, there several requirements that each aspirant must meet to be allowed to sit for these entrance exams.
AMIE Exam 2020 Highlights Table
|Full Exam Name||Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (AMIE)|
|Conducted By||The Institution of Engineers (India)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Type of Exam||UG|
|Mode of Application||Online Mode|
Usually, the exam takes place in June, every year. The Institute of Engineers in India is the body in charge of organizing the exam.
How to Apply for the AMIE Exam 2020 Entrance Exam
An applicant is at liberty to either apply for the test online or manually. To apply online, the applicant should download the application fee from AMIE’s official website. During application, the aspirant needs to select the most suitable exam center and dates. Additionally, the aspirant must also provide all the necessary personal details.
All aspirants must pay a stipulated application fee for their application to be processed. For those that wish to sit for the exam within India, the application fee is INR. 3000. On the other hand, applicants who’d like to sit for the exam outside India must pay USD 225. The mode of payment is either cheque money order or online payment, depending on the applicant’s preference.
Simple AMIE Exam 20202 Application Process
- Filling of the form; The first step of applying for this exam is to fill up the application form. An aspirant must submit correct personal information as the organizing body verifies the details. The submission of false information leads to an automatic rejection of the application.
- Uploading the passport; All applicants need to upload their photographs. Any aspirant that disregard this step jeopardizes the chances of getting a nod to sit for the test.
- Submission of the test and, payment of the application fee; The last step takes place almost simultaneously. Every aspirant needs to ensure they pay the required application fee to complete the process. The only allowed online payment methods are credit card and debit card payment methods. On the other hand, an aspirant can opt for offline payment done at the bank. Direct paying of hard cash is strictly prohibited!
Examples of AMIE Exam 2020 Entrance Exam Centers in India
Below are some of the exam centers located in India.
- Port Blair
AMIE Exam 2020 Syllabus
The curriculum heavily relies on the course the aspirant wish to study. For example, there is an entrance exam for Civil engineering, mechanical engineering. Mining engineering, computer science, and engineering, chemical engineering, textile engineering, to mention but a few. Generally, the syllabus exists in two sections, namely, part A and section B.A aspirant must pass part A to proceed to section B.
Tips on How to Pass AMIE Exam 2020 Entrance Exam
- Reading all the subjects equally; One of the main reasons why students fail the AMIE entrance exam is the failure to balance the items. This mistake makes the aspirant perform poorly in some subjects, especially those subjects that they dislike.
- Following the curriculum when revising; The exam syllabus outlines the essential topics the aspirant, needs to read. Therefore, the aspirant should pay special attention to all the sub-topics for them to pass well. Remember that the examiner can focus more on some specific topics than the rest.
- Revise until the last minute; It’s usually tempting to relax when the exam approaches. However, the truth is that the human brain does not store information for long. For this reason, there is a high possibility than one may forget some information. An aspirant must keep revising for the exam until the last minute. This revision helps to ensure that the information you’ve read sticks more in mind.
- Attempt all the questions; During the exam, the aspirant is usually very nervous. This phobia makes them keep second-guessing the answers. An aspirant must resist the temptation to ignore some questions just because they’re not sure whether the answer is right or otherwise. Attempt every item, by jotting down what seems to be the answer.
- Arrive for the exam in time; One of the leading causes of failing the entrance exam is lateness. Typically, arriving at the exam center tends to heighten nervousness. Consequently, the aspirant can hardly recall the information they’d read before the exam.
- An aspirant needs to arrive in the exam center in time to calm down. Early arrival helps the brain to relax. As a result, an aspirant can easily recall the information.
- Use sample papers when revising for the AMIE entrance exam; The only way to familiarize oneself with the testing is by using the sample papers. An aspirant should use these sample papers to conduct thorough revision. In some cases, the sample papers can help the examinee even to predict the most likely questions.
- Of these, sample papers may be accessed online freely. Feel free to research the answers online. There is no justification for failing this exam at all!
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th