CMAT 2020: The National Testing Academy conducts its annual Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) in the last week of January. It is a good opportunity for those candidates who are seeking admission to any of its Management Programs.
CMAT 2020 Highlights Table
|Full Exam Name||Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Duration Time||180 Minutes|
|Mode of Exam||Online (CBT)|
|CMAT Score Accepting Colleges||1000+ colleges|
About CMAT 2020
CMAT is considered one of the most challenging exams. It is a Computer Based Test (CBT), which is 3 hours long. It assesses the candidate’s aptitude across various spheres like Quantitative Technique, Language Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness. Candidates who possess the required aptitude are then open for admission to the Management Programs according to their merit.
The exam happens at many centers across 75 cities of the country. The candidates are free to choose the center of their choice and convenience.
CMAT 2020 Application Form
Registration form for CMAT is released during November of the preceding year as the exam takes place in January of the subsequent year, with the deadlines lasting up to the mid of December.
- The form needs to be filled online with the application fee of Rs. 1600 for male candidates and Rs. 1000 for female candidates. Ensure filling your form carefully and attaching all the required documents so that you can confirm your registration for CMAT and attempt the exam.
- Admit Card releases soon after the deadline for the application form is over. The candidates can download their Admit Card through the website by entering their login credentials.
CMAT 2020 Important Exam Dates
|Registration Form Available||Nov 1, 2019|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||10 December 2019|
|Last Day to Pay Application Fee||Dec 11, 2019|
|Last Day to Choose Exam Cities||12-Dec-19|
|Admit Card Issued on||December 24, 2019 (Released)|
|Exam Date||Jan 28, 2020|
|Announcement of Result||7-Feb-20|
Eligibility Criteria of CMAT 2020
Every exam, the NTA also lays down certain conditions as to who is eligible to attempt the CMAT. Therefore, before applying for the exam, kindly ensure you fit into the criteria.
- The exam can be attempted only by candidates who are Indians
- The candidates must have a graduation degree with a course duration of a minimum of 3 years or equivalent in any stream from an AICTE approved institution.
- Candidates who are in the 3rd year of their graduation course may also apply for the exam, given that their results are declared before the admission through CMAT commences. The mark sheet is mandatory as a proof of graduation.
- There is no bar of age as an upper limit for attempting the CMAT
- The exam does not have a reservation policy, but the admission does, and one can check the same on the website.
CMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Approaching and attempting any examination, it is of utmost importance to be well acquainted with its process. By doing this, you can familiarize yourself with what questions would apply and how you would go about attempting them.
Here is an overview of the pattern of the exam, to help you study for it in a more organized way.
- CMAT is a Computer Based Test comprising of 100 multiple-choice questions. One has to complete it in 3 hours. The paper is divided into four sections. The maximum marks for the exam are 400. The four sections of the paper are Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation, and Language Comprehension. Each of these sections has an equal allotment of 25 questions, each with a total of 100 marks for each section.
- The correct answer gets four marks while there is a negative marking of 1 mark for a wrong answer. Therefore, the candidates must be very sure of their answers so that they don’t get negative marking.
Syllabus of CMAT 2020 Exam
- Syllabus for the CMAT is not a defined one by the NTA, but an overview of it is as follows:
- Language Comprehension covering English grammar aptitude
- Calculation skills for data interpretation segment
- Linear seating, sequencing, and arranging (coding) for the logical reasoning section
- Conventional GK, Economics GK, Current GK for the General Awareness section
Mock tests for CMAT 2020
These tests give you a better idea of how the test happens and what you can expect to be asked in it. It would be best if you practiced with a few mock tests before the actual test. This will help you practice better and will also determine your speed and time limit of finishing the exam on time. Several websites have provisions for CMAT mock tests. Some have a cost attached to them, while most of them can be attempted for free.
CMAT 2020 Exam Result
Results for CMAT are generally announced within a week or two after the exam happens. The results are declared on the official website, which the candidates can view by entering the credentials from their Admit card. For this reason, the Admit Card must be preserved till the declaration of results so that you do not lose your credentials.
Now you have a clear idea of the CMAT is. So, you know what to expect and how to go forward with the attempt. All you need to do is to brace yourself to study hard and clear the exam!
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th