What is AP PGECET 2021? How students can apply for this exam?
AP PGECET 2021 is a standard entrance test conducted for admissions in postgraduate programs. AP PGECET or Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test is a state-level exam. This exam is organized one time in the year.
Andhra University conducts AP PGECET. Through this exam, admissions are offering in Engineering, Pharmacy, Planning, and Technology. A candidate who desires to enter M-Tech, M.E, and M.Pharma must qualify AP PGECET-2021. Read this article to get more information regarding AP PGECET 2021, such as exam tips, patterns, registration fees, etc.
AP PGECET EXAM 2021: AP PGECET is a highly common state level entrance exam. The PG entrance exam offers entry for courses such as Pharmacy, Technology, engineering, and planning. The organizing body of the test is Andhra University Visakhapatnam. The primary purpose of the test is to evaluate aspirants to determine the most suitable lot for entry for these prestigious courses. However, applicants must meet a set of eligibility requirements to qualify to sit for the exams. The article will disclose all the needs to fulfill.
AP PGECET EXAM Highlights Table 2021:
|Full Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET)|
|Conducted By||Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of APSCHE|
|Type of Exam||State Level|
|Eligibility Criteria||Andhra Pradesh domiciled|
|Minimum 50% in the qualifying exam|
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test|
AP PGECET 2021 News
- The payment of fees for this exam will be online by using any means of online banking.
- The registration fees are Rs.1000/- for OC/BC and Rs.500/- for SC/ST category students.
AP PGECET Admission Process:
For the admission process follow these instructions:
Step 1: Register for AP PGECET 2021
The registration process of AP PGECET is very simple and easy. You have to fill the form which is available online on the website and pay the registration fee. The fee is around Rs 2000.
Step 2: Download AP PGECET Admit card
For the admit card you have to wait for the fee confirmation after that you can download it by going to the website. Print it and bring it with you on exam day. They’ll not allow you to enter if you forget to do so.
Step 3: Appear for AP PGECET entrance exam
Time is the key element here so don’t waste it. Also, you must prepare yourself according to the syllabus of the test before appearing.
Step 4: Check AP PGECET exam result
The result like other exams result will be published on the website. You have to enter your application number to see your result.
Step 5: AP PGECET Counseling
Only selected students will get the counseling call and it depends entirely on your merit position.
AP PGECET Examination Pattern 2021:
This section comprises details for the pattern of this exam:
- The test will be a computer-based online test.
- Candidates will have a time of 2 hours.
- The question paper will include 120 questions.
- The total marks of the test paper will be 120.
- AP PGECET-2021 will have no negative marking.
- One plus point will be there for 01 correct answers.
AP PGECET Exam Preparation Tips 2021:
These are the preparation tips for the AP PGECET-2021:
- First of all, download the syllabus from the official website.
- Check what subjects in the syllabus and how many topics are there for each subject.
- Prepare a schedule for preparation.
- Study daily according to the time table.
- Try first to study the questions that have mostly be a part of past papers.
- Attempt mock tests for the AP PGECET-2021.
- For enhancing your knowledge, read newspapers.
- Have a clear concept of all topics included in the syllabus.
- Do not compromise for health; take a healthy diet.
- Take rest and keep yourself free from stress a day before the exam.
AP PGECET EXAM Eligibility Requirements 2021:
- An applicant must be a valid Indian citizen; Andhra University restricts the entrance exam to Indian citizens only. Any international applicant cannot sit for this exam based on their nationality.
- Applicants must be residents of Andhra Pradesh; As the exam name suggests, one must be a resident of Andhra Pradesh to qualify to sit for the test. This requirement is one of the most crucial eligibility criteria that the organizing body checks while processing applications.
- Applicants must be holders of the relevant degree programs; Technically, it’s impossible to specialize in a filed unless you have the necessary knowledge. The case is no different with AP PGECET. All applicants must have studied the relevant degree program to specialize in the area.
- An aspirant must have attained a minimum aggregate mark of 50 %; An applicant must have studied the relevant degree program to qualify for AP PGECET, That’s not all, the applicant must have attained the minimum score of 50 percent.
- An aspirant must have passed the core subjects; Just like other entrance exams, applicants must have passed the cluster subjects to qualify for these postgraduate exams. The core subjects vary from course to course; hence the aspirant must check out this requirement before applying.
AP PGECET EXAM 2021 Any applicant that fails to meet any of these requirements stands no chance of sitting for the test. The reality is that the university does not refund the application fee to any of the unsuccessful applicants.
AP PGECET EXAM Exam Structure 2021:
AP PGECET EXAM 2021 is strictly an online-based exam. Additionally, the PG entrance exam consists of a total of 120 objective questions. The question paper exists in the English language only. An aspirant earns a mark for each correct answer they give. The organizing body awards a zero for each incorrect answer that an aspirant provides in the test.
AP PGECET has a total duration of 2 hours.
AP PGECET EXAM Exam Date 2021:
AP PGECET EXAM 2021 provides important dates related to the exam that is given below.
|Notification Date||Fourth week of February 2021|
|AP PGECET EXAM 2021 Availability Form||The first week of March 2021|
|Last date of apply||Fourth week of March 2021|
|Last date to apply with late fee of INR 1000||1st week of April 2021|
|Form Correction Date||The second week of April 2021|
|Admit Card issue date||4th week of April 2021|
|Exam Date||2 May 2021 to 4 May 2021|
|Declaration of Result||The second week of May 2021|
Examples of Papers Under AP PGECET EXAM 2021:
Below are some of the papers under the AP PGECET EXAM 2021
- Mechanical engineering
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Civil engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Aerospace engineering
- Instrumentation engineering
- Food Technology
Disclosed AP PGECET EXAM 2021 Tips for the Aspirant:
- Attempt all the questions; Some aspirants tend to second-guess their answers even they’re correct. The habit is usually common when the aspirant is tense. Don’t fear to write the reply that appears right in mind.
- Revising using the sample papers; Sample papers play a significant role in familiarizing the aspirant with AP PGECET. The good thing is that the aspirant can freely access the sample papers online. In the process of revising these papers, an aspirant ends up reviewing all the core areas. Therefore, such an aspirant stands a better chance of passing with flying colors.
- Taking a deep breath prior, the exam; No aspirant can perform when their brain is not at ease. Therefore, an aspirant must take some deep breaths before attempting the exam — the in-depth breathing help to relax the mind, enabling the aspirant to recall information more easily.
- Create a timetable for efficient revision; The AP PGECET EXAM 2021 syllabus comprises of several subjects. For this reason, it’s always prudent to have a schedule to ensure that you cover all the topics. Technically an aspirant can’t pass the exam unless they balance all the subjects. What better way to do so than to have a timetable?
- Prepare for the exam in groups; AP PGECET EXAM 2021 One undeniable fact is that a student gains more while they study as a group than while alone. Each of the study group members has a specific area they understand most. When the aspirant combines all the different strengths, the outcome becomes even more appealing.
- Additionally, studying as a group motivates the aspirant to revise. The group members always endeavor to outperform each other. Ultimately the fruits of the hard work reflect in the results.
- Have breaks in between the study time; Technically, the human brain does not concentrate on one thing for long. For this reason, it helps to have some short breaks in between study time. The breaks help the mind to relax and re-focus, thus helps an aspirant to capture more than when they study continuously.
- Study until the last minute; The temptation to rest a day or so before the exam day can be overwhelming. However, an aspirant must form a habit of studying until the actual exam day.
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th