What is the CDAC C-CAT 2021 Exam? How Students can apply for this exam?
The CDAC CAT 2021 is an entrance exam of a PG diploma level course. This exam aims to offer admission to the PG diploma programs in engineering and science at various training centers. The exam managing body is CDAC.
The admissions through CDAC CAT 2021 exam will be provided to PG Diploma programs such as PG-DGI, PG DAC, PG-DBA, PG-DITISS, PG-DIT, and PG-DASSD, etc. offered at various affiliated training centers of CDAC.
The students who wish for securing admission in PG Diploma courses must apply for BMU CDAC CAT 2021. The CDAC conducts this exam 2 times a year.
CDAC C-CAT Exam: The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, shortly known as CDAC, holds it’s Common Entry Test known as the C-CAT at the university level. It is an exam that takes place twice a year for two different entry batches: First in June for August Batch and the Second one in December for the February batch. Passing the C-CAT qualifies students pan India for entry into 13 different post-graduate courses.
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Highlights:
|Exam Name||CDAC C-CAT|
|Full-Form||Center for Development of Advanced Computing (Computerized Common Admission Test)|
|Courses Offered||PG Courses|
|Conducting Body||Center for Development of Advanced Computing|
If you wish to attempt this exam and want to know all the required information about it, read on.
About CDAC C-CAT:
- This entrance exam opens up an Avenue of 13 different PG courses that you could pursue according to the subject you choose.
- Different classes that get included in entry through this exam are:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing (PG-DAC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Embedded System Design (PG- DESD)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Big Data Analysis (PG-DBDA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems, and Security (PG-DITISS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in VLSI Design (PG- DVLSI)
- Post Graduate Diploma in the Internet of Things (PG- DIOT)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Artificial Intelligence (PG- DAI)
- Post Graduate Diploma in System Software Development (PG- DSSD)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Mobile Computing (PG- DMC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Secure Software Development (PG- DASSD)
- Post Graduate Diploma in HPC System Administration (PG- DHPCSA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Geoinformatics (PG-DGi)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Biomedical Instrumentation and Health Informatics (PG- DBIHI)
- The CDAC CAT 2021 application fee for all categories will be Rs 600.
- The PG CAT 2021 application fee will be paid online.
- The candidates of CDAC CAT 2021 will pay the application fee through the Credit/Debit Cards payment gateway.
CDAC Exam Application Form:
- Application forms for the C-CAT exam are available on the official website of CDAC. The forms can get filled online, and the aspirants may choose the date and exam center as per the course selected.
- To get to the exam center of your choice, you must ensure that you fill-up the forms as soon as possible.
- The exam fee must also be paid online along with the form. As the exam has three distinct sections, the fee also varies accordingly,
- Section A – Rs. 1350/-
- Section A & B – Rs. 1550/-
- Section A, B & C – Rs. 1750/-
Once you have successfully filled your application form, you will be issued your Admit Card, which you must carry along to your exam.
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Exam Pattern:
The CDAC will follow the below exam pattern in conducting PG CAT 2021.
- The exam conducting mode of CDAC CAT 2021 will be online.
- The PG CAT 2021 exam paper will contain MCQs Type Questions.
- The exam paper will include 03 sections and a total of 150 MCQs.
- Total Marks of CDAC CAT 2021 2021 will be 100
- The marking scheme of PG CAT will be 03 marks for each correct answer, -1 negative marking for wrong answers.
- The PG CAT 2021 will ask in the English Language.
- The duration of the exam will 03 hours.
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Exam Preparation Tips:
For securing a maximum score in CDAC CAT 2021, the aspirants should follow below tips:
- Check the syllabus of PG CAT 2021 programs vigilantly.
- Make a proper schedule for studying the syllabus of the exam.
- Solve the PG CAT past papers.
CDAC C-CAT Exam Pattern:
- C-CAT is a Computer Based Exam with Multiple Choice Questions. The paper gets divided into three sections with 50 questions each. Each correct answer will award you three marks while a wrong answer will fetch you a negative marking of 1 mark.
Which require only Section A to get attempted
- PG- DGI
Courses that need Section A and B to get attempted
- PG-DAC, PG-DBDA, PG-DITISS, PG-DIOT, PG-DAI, PG-DMC, PG-DSSD, PG-DASSD, PG-HPCSA
A course that requires Section A, B and C to get attempted
- PG-DESD, PG-DVLSI, PG-DBIHI
CDAC Exam Eligibility Criteria:
- Be able to attempt the exam; there are a set of standard criteria that the aspirants must fulfill.
- Must be an Engineering Graduate from any of the mentioned streams, namely IT, Telecommunications, Electronics, Computer Science, Electrical, Instrumentation.
- Must have finished their PG degree in Engineering Sciences with a corresponding essential degree in Computer Science, Electronics, or IT
- Must have Mathematics as a subject choice in class 12th board exam.
- There is no age bar to attempt the exam and pursue the courses.
- However, each course also has its Eligibility criteria, which you can check online on the official website.
- Three sections of the exam get divided according to the subjects of the questions asked
- Section A- your knowledge of English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning gets tested
- Section B- the questions will ask from the area of Computer Fundamentals, C Programming, Data Structures, Data communication and networking, Object-Oriented Programming concepts, Operating Systems.
- C- includes Computer Architecture, Digital Electronics, Microprocessing.
- You thorough yourself with the basic concepts of all the subjects mentioned above studied in your Undergrad level; you’ll be good to go.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Twice a year, in June and December
If you fulfill the Eligibility criteria, yes, you can attempt even with a distance education mode degree in Engineering.
Yes, you can apply as there is no age bar.
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th