What is CMAT 2021? How students can apply for this exam?
CMAT 2021 is an admission test for Management programs. The conducting authority for this exam is the National Testing Agency (NTA). The full form of this exam is the Common Management Admission Test.
The CMAT exam occurs at the country level every year. The 1000+ colleges accept the score of CMAT.
The applicants must ensure if they are eligible to apply for CMAT2021 before appearing.
In this article, details for exam patterns and preparation tips will be helpful to the candidates.
CMAT 2021: The National Testing Academy conducts its annual Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) in the last week of January. It is a good opportunity for those candidates who are seeking admission to any of its Management Programs.
CMAT 2021 Highlights Table:
|Full Exam Name||Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Duration Time||180 Minutes|
|Mode of Exam||Online (CBT)|
|CMAT Score Accepting Colleges||1000+ colleges|
CMAT 2021 News
- The payment of registration fees will be online.
- Registration fees for female candidates are Rs.1000/- while male candidates are Rs.1600/- for all categories.
- Any means of online banking will be useful to pay the amount on the official website.
CMAT 2021 Admission Process:
For the admission process follow these instructions:
Step 1: Register for CMAT 2021
The registration of CMAT also consists of two parts. First, the registration form and the other is the registration fee. The good thing is that you can do all of that online.
Step 2: Download CMAT Admit card
After the completion of the registration process and confirmation of fee submission, you’ll be able to download your admit card. It’ll have all the information related to the exam and you’ll only enter the exam if you show this on the gate.
Step 3: Appear for CMAT entrance exam
Prepare according to the syllabus provided and try to take some tests according to the pattern before appearing for the exam.
Step 4: Check CMAT exam result
You’ll get your detailed result online from the official website. You have to enter your application number for that.
Step 5: CMAT Counseling
The administration will call the students who are eligible for the counseling.
CMAT 2021 Exam Pattern:
Exam pattern for CMAT 2021 is as follows;
- CMAT 2021 will be an online computer-based test.
- The CMAT 2021 paper will comprise a total of 100 MCQs questions.
- These 100 MCQs will ensure 400 marks if all are correctly selected.
- The test paper will have four sections.
- General Awareness, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Techniques will be the paper’s four sections.
- Each part will contain 25 MCQs.
- The duration for solving CMAT 2021 will 180 minutes.
- 01 negative mark will be in the result if answers are wrong.
CMAT 2021 Preparation Tips:
Preparation tips for the CMAT 2021 are as follows;
- Understand the pattern for the CMAT 2021.
- Note all the topics given in the CMAT 2021 exam syllabus.
- Make your schedule of study according to CMAT 2021 pattern and syllabus.
- At least complete one of the subjects per day from each subject.
- Check the sample papers of the CMAT exam for the previous five years.
- Attempt and solve mock tests to make yourself well prepared.
- Take a day before to relax your body and mind.
About CMAT 2021:
CMAT is considered one of the most challenging exams. It is a Computer Based Test (CBT), which is 3 hours long. It assesses the candidate’s aptitude across various spheres like Quantitative Technique, Language Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness. Candidates who possess the required aptitude are then open for admission to the Management Programs according to their merit.
The exam happens at many centers across 75 cities of the country. The candidates are free to choose the center of their choice and convenience.
CMAT 2021 Application Form:
Registration form for CMAT is released during November of the preceding year as the exam takes place in January of the subsequent year, with the deadlines lasting up to the mid of December.
- The form needs to be filled online with the application fee of Rs. 1600 for male candidates and Rs. 1000 for female candidates. Ensure filling your form carefully and attaching all the required documents so that you can confirm your registration for CMAT and attempt the exam.
- Admit Card releases soon after the deadline for the application form is over. The candidates can download their Admit Card through the website by entering their login credentials.
CMAT 2021 Important Exam Dates:
|Registration Form Available||Nov 1, 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||10 December 2020|
|Last Day to Pay Application Fee||Dec 11, 2020|
|Last Day to Choose Exam Cities||12-Dec-20|
|Admit Card Issued on||December 24, 2020 (Released)|
|Exam Date||Jan 28, 2021|
|Announcement of Result||7-Feb-2021|
Eligibility Criteria of CMAT 2021:
Every exam, the NTA also lays down certain conditions as to who is eligible to attempt the CMAT. Therefore, before applying for the exam, kindly ensure you fit into the criteria.
- The exam can be attempted only by candidates who are Indians
- The candidates must have a graduation degree with a course duration of a minimum of 3 years or equivalent in any stream from an AICTE approved institution.
- Candidates who are in the 3rd year of their graduation course may also apply for the exam, given that their results are declared before admission through CMAT commences. The mark sheet is mandatory as a proof of graduation.
- There is no bar of age as an upper limit for attempting the CMAT
- The exam does not have a reservation policy, but the admission does, and one can check the same on the website.
CMAT 2021 Exam Pattern:
Approaching and attempting any examination, it is of utmost importance to be well acquainted with its process. By doing this, you can familiarize yourself with what questions would apply and how you would go about attempting them.
Here is an overview of the pattern of the exam, to help you study for it in a more organized way.
- CMAT is a Computer Based Test comprising 100 multiple-choice questions. One has to complete it in 3 hours. The paper is divided into four sections. The maximum number of marks for the exam is 400. The four sections of the paper are Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation, and Language Comprehension. Each of these sections has an equal allotment of 25 questions, each with a total of 100 marks for each section.
- The correct answer gets four marks while there is a negative marking of 1 mark for a wrong answer. Therefore, the candidates must be very sure of their answers so that they don’t get negative marking.
Syllabus of CMAT 2021 Exam:
- The syllabus for the CMAT is not a defined one by the NTA, but an overview of it is as follows:
- Language Comprehension covering English grammar aptitude
- Calculation skills for data interpretation segment
- Linear seating, sequencing, and arranging (coding) for the logical reasoning section
- Conventional GK, Economics GK, Current GK for the General Awareness section
Mock tests for CMAT 2021:
These tests give you a better idea of how the test happens and what you can expect to be asked in it. It would be best if you practiced with a few mock tests before the actual test. This will help you practice better and will also determine your speed and time limit of finishing the exam on time. Several websites have provisions for CMAT mock tests. Some have a cost attached to them, while most of them can be attempted for free.
CMAT 2021 Exam Result:
Results for CMAT are generally announced within a week or two after the exam happens. The results are declared on the official website, which the candidates can view by entering the credentials from their Admit card. For this reason, the Admit Card must be preserved till the declaration of results so that you do not lose your credentials.
Now you have a clear idea of what the CMAT is. So, you know what to expect and how to go forward with the attempt. All you need to do is to brace yourself to study hard and clear the exam!
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th