What is DASA UG 2021? How students can apply for this exam?
DASA 2021 is an admission exam at the international level. The objective of organizing this exam is to give admissions in various UG-level courses in engineering and technology.
The conducting body for this exam is National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal. DASA 2021 will happen under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). According to the Government, there are almost 57 institutes affiliated with DASA.
The available courses through DASA UG will be in the field of Management, Engineering, and Architecture. The participating institutes will be NITs, SPAs, and IIITs.
This article will assist the candidates in providing them with the details for exam fees, preparation tips, and exam pattern and exam mode.
DASA UG 2021 Exam Dates, Application, Eligibility, Fee, Merit List: DASA stands for Direct Entry of Students Abroad. It is an initiative taken by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. Through this, the Government offers a chance to the eligible aspirants to take entry into prestigious institutions of India.
However, to take entry through the scheme, aspirants need to have a valid SAT score.
According to the scheme, the eligible aspirants can take entry into undergraduate programs such as Engineering, Management, and Architecture courses. The prestigious institutions where entry offered are:
- National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
- Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IITs)
- Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs)
- Other Technical Institutions
Since 2019, the DASA scheme controlled by the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Karnataka. So they take care of the entry process through this scheme.
As per the Government, 57 institutions come under the DASA scheme.
DASA Exam(UG) 2021 Highlights:
|Name of Admission Process||Direct Admission of Students Abroad|
|Conducting Institute||National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal|
|Duration of Course||4 Years|
|Participating Institutes||NITs, IIITs, SPAs, and other Centrally Funded & Premier Technical Institutes.|
|Mode of Application||Online|
DASA UG 2021 News
- The registration fee is Rs.2000/- for General candidates.
- The fee is US $300 for candidates from SAARC member nations.
- The forms will also be available online.
DASA UG 2021 Admission Process:
For the admission process follow these instructions:
Step 1: Register for DASA UG 2021
You have to go to the website to register yourself for DASA. Fill the form very carefully to avoid any trouble in the future and then submit it online.
Step 2: Download DASA UG Admit card
The admit card will be uploaded to the website after the completion of the registration process. Download it and bring it with you on exam day.
Step 3: Appear for the DASA UG entrance exam
Take care of your time and don’t waste it by coming late. They’ll not allow you to take the exam if you come late.
Step 4: Check DASA UG exam result
The result of the DASA will be announced in a few days after the exam. Like registration, the result will also be announced on the website and you’ll be able to see your detailed result.
Step 5: DASA UG Counseling
Counseling is the final step of the admission process and it is only for those who cleared the exam.
DASA UG 2021
DASA Exam 2021 Important Dates:
|Release of DASA UG 2019 Online Application Form||April First Week 2021|
|Final Date to Submit Filled Application Form||June second week, 2021|
|Last Date to Submit SAT Subject Test Score||June second week, 2021|
DASA UG 2021 Examination Pattern:
Please check the following exam pattern, as it would help you to understand the exam better.
- DASA UG-2021 will occur in the online mode. The exam will be computer-based.
- The exam will include questions from Mathematics/Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- All the sections will have an equal number of questions.
- The paper will have an equivalent marking scheme.
DASA UG 2021 Exam Preparation Tips:
The following tips are useful to prepare for the DASA UG-2021
- Follow the DASA UG-2021 exam syllabus and pattern.
- Prepare and set your syllabus and timings for study.
- Always try to follow the books of good authors and notes from well-known academies.
- Do not consult books that are wasting time.
- Approach a teacher whenever you feel difficulty in learning.
- Listen to the video lectures on YouTube. Also, their many sites providing related knowledge.
- Good preparation needs good health so take a healthy diet to be healthy.
DASA Exam 2021 Application Form:
The applications for DASA UG exams filled online. They will be out in April 2021. Applicants have to submit the filled application form by the 2nd week of June 2021.
DASA(UG ) 2021 Online Registration Process:
Step 1. Registration
1) Aspirants have to go to the official website of DASA- www.dasanit.org.
2) Sign up with your details.
Step 2. Fill up the Application Form
1) After the registration, you must fill in all the details in the application form carefully and submit it.
2) Following documents to be uploaded in the way:
- Recent passport-size photograph in the JPG format.
- Scanned copy of your signature in the JPG format.
3) Aspirants must submit their preference of courses and institutions in the form.
Step 3. Payment of Fees
1) Aspirants must submit the due amount of the application fee to complete the process.
Documents required for DASA 2021 EXAM:
- Proof of date of birth. It could be your class 10th certificate or any other equivalent certificate issued by the Government.
- Aspirants have to upload the mark sheets of their 10th, 12th, or any other equivalent exam.
- A certificate issued by the school authorities that the aspirant has completed 11th and 12th standards.
- If an aspirant is yet to appear for the 12th results or is awaiting its results, then they have to submit an undertaking in the application.
DASA 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
Age Limit: Aspirants willing to take entry must be at least 25 years of age. The date of birth mentioned in the class 10th or any equivalent certificate is taken into consideration.
DASA Exam Educational Qualifications:
Aspirants must have cleared their 10+2 or an equivalent from any recognized Indian board.
- Aspirants must have studied Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science in 11th and 12th class.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with an aggregate of 60% marks.
- Aspirants who are appearing for their 10+2 exams in the same year or awaiting their final results are eligible to apply.
- Aspirants must have scored at least 1800 marks in SAT subjects.
Application and Entry Fee:
The application fee for DASA UG has to get paid in dollars. The registration fee is US$ 300 for all the aspirants. However, the total of the registration fee and the tuition fee is:
- For General Aspirants: USD 4300
- For Foreign Nationals who belong to SAARC countries: USD 2300
The fee paid through credit card, debit card, or SWIFT transfer.
DASA Exam 2021 Seat Allotment Criteria:
The process of seat allotment in the DASA scheme done considering:
- The valid SAT score of the aspirants
- Choices mentioned by the aspirants in the application
Aspirants will be allotted the seats based on their merit and priority given in the form.
The seat allotment process includes four rounds. Aspirants have to pass all of them to get the final seat.
DASA UG EXAM 2021 Merit List :
The authorities prepare the merit list of DASA UG. The total SAT score of the aspirants considered for preparing the merit list and ranking the applicants accordingly.
The list includes the name of those aspirants only who have a valid SAT subject test score and have submitted it to the organization before the due date.
DASA 2021 Final Words:
Aspirants who are willing to appear for DASA UG 2021 exam must go through all the criteria, patterns, and other information associated with the review. It is essential to prepare well and work hard to clear the exam.
The exam will provide a significant opportunity for the students to study in the most reputable and premier institutions of India.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ans. For General Aspirants: USD 4300, For Foreign Nationals who belong to SAARC countries: USD 2300
Ans. Aspirants willing to take entry must be at least 25 years of age
Ans. Aspirants have to go to the official website of DASA- www.dasanit.org and submit the application form with the fee.
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th