What is DU DSE MA( Economics) 2021? How students can apply for this exam?
Delhi University provides various PG programs to the candidates qualifying DU DSE MA Entrance Exam. The PG programs provided will be in the stream of economics.
The event of the DU DSE MA Entrance Exam happens every year. Qualifying this exam will give all those candidates who want to take admissions in Delhi University DU at the Delhi School of Economics, in the Department of Economics.
The candidates hoping to attempt DU DSE MA-2021 can go through the DU website for further details.
DU Department of Economics M.A, (DU DSE MA): DU offers DU DSE MA Entrance Exam to grant aspirants a chance to earn admission for a PG program. However, aspirants must note that selection is strictly on merit on the exam. Just like all other exams, applicants must meet some set criteria for DU to okay their applications. The beauty of this exam is that it’s open for Indians as well as qualified foreigners.
- The application forms for the DU DSE MA 2021 Entrance Exam will be available from June 2021.
- The registration fees of DU DSE MA 2021will be Rs.2000/- for all categories.
DU releases a softcopy of the application forms from June, every year, on its official website. An applicant can access this form by visiting the DU Department of Economics’ official website. The first step involves filling in the application form. An applicant must provide valid personal, academic, and any other required information.
Some of the crucial details include the applicant’s official names, email address, exam, academic certificates, to mention but just a few. Finally, the applicant must pay a non-refundable application fee for their application to be processed. Aspirants must not forget to upload their photograph and an image of their signature for verification purposes.
Below are some of the requirements that the applicants must meet to get a nod to sit for the DU DSE MA (Economics) entrance exam.
- An applicant must be an Economics degree holder; As the exam name suggests, this is a PG test. Therefore, an applicant must be a BA Economics holder to sit for the exam.
- An applicant must be a major; DU only allows applicants above 18 years. Therefore, an applicant must have attained the age of majority. The age restriction aims at ensuring that the aspirant meets the intellectual capacity to handle the graduate program upon passing the exam.
- All applicants must submit valid information within the deadline; DU reserves the right to downturn an application based on dishonesty. All applicants must fill the online form by filling in the correct information. This information is crucial in the identification of each of the hundreds of aspirants that sits for the test.
- An applicant must have attained an average score of 60% in BA Economics; The exam body demands that applicants have passed highly at their undergraduate level. Any applicant that falls short of this requirement loses out on this rare opportunity.
DU DSE MA (Economics) 2021 Examination Pattern:
Following is the way/pattern in which DU will issue the question paper.
- DU DSE MA 2021exam will conduct in a pen and paper-based offline mode.
- The paper type of DU DSE MA 2021 will be MCQs.
- Aspirants must have a complete awareness of all these four sections, such as macroeconomic theory, the mathematical techniques used in economics, the microeconomic theory, elementary econometrics and statistics, probability.
- General candidates must have to secure 40%, the OBC candidates 36%, and SC/SC will have to secure 20% in the exam to be qualified.
DU DSE MA 2021 Preparation Tips:
Candidates can check below the tips adopted for preparation.
- Securing good marks in the paper is only possible when you keep on preparing by using some tips.
- Study with fellows and hold discussions with them in groups. The group study will create a study environment around you.
- Set a well-defined schedule Carry your preparation according to the schedule.
- Revise the complete syllabus a week before the exam. Collect past year papers and also solve them for revision.
- Along with the other subjects, carry on practicing the sections which include problems.
DU DSE MA Exam Important Dates 2021:
|Start Date for Online Registration||1st week of Jun 2021|
|Registration Close Date||3rd week of Jun 2021|
|Commencement of Class||Last week Jul 2021|
DU DSE M.A (Economics) Entrance Exam Pattern:
The exam consists of four sections. These are macroeconomic theory, probability and statistics, elementary econometrics, and microeconomic theory. Additionally, the review is strictly offline-based and features MCQs. Each question has a total of four options, where each aspirant needs to select one option. DU only allows either a black or a blue pen.
How to Prepare for DU DSE Entrance Exam:
- Revise all the subjects; The most useful prep tip is to familiarize yourself with all the topics. Each of these sections accounts for a substantial percentage of the overall score.
- Hold group discussions with fellow aspirants; Technically, students gain more when they study as a group than when they revise individually. Therefore, an aspirant should not fear discussing some topics with their fellow aspirants to help him or her to understand concepts.
- Set a study schedule; The best way for an aspirant to ensure they cover all areas is to have a timetable. Allocate each subject equal duration to allow yourself to cover all the sub-topics. Remember that an examiner is at liberty to examine as they please in strict observance of the syllabus.
- Download past sample papers for revision; Lucky for aspirants DU DSE M.A (Economics) exam sample papers are freely accessible online. These papers come in handy in helping an aspirant familiarize themselves with the testing tactics.
- Sample papers can even assist the aspirant in predicting probable questions. In the process of revising the issues, the aspirant ends up covering the whole curriculum.
- Identify the easy and the challenging topics; A focused aspirant must take time to identify the easy as well as the seemingly difficult sub-topics. This identification will help the aspirant to consult others to understand the challenging concepts.
- Aside from more time to focus on the problematic sub–section. This strategy will help increase one’s chances of performing well in the exam. However, this is not to mean that you ignore the easy ones.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
The only mode of applying is online on the DU official website.
The min. age limit is 18 years.
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th