What is GCET 2021? How students can apply for this exam?
GCET 2021 is a common entrance test. The conducting authority of this exam is the Directorate of Technical Education. The objective of conducting this exam to give admission to different degree programs of DTE-affiliated colleges. The participating colleges of this exam are 06.
The admission through GCET 2021 will be given to B.E and B.Pharm that programs at Directorate of Technical Education affiliated colleges.
The students who wish to apply for admission at Engineering and Pharma colleges of Goa must appear in GCET 2021. This test conducting frequency is once a year at the state level.
GCET Exam 2021: GCET is the short form of the Goa standard entrance test and mainly conducted for some professional degree courses, such as pharmacy and UG engineering. It’s a state-level entrance test and organized by the Directorate of Technical Education Government of Goa. The primary purpose of this test is to take admission to the colleges of Goa.
Goa Common Entrance Exam Highlights:
|Examination||Goa Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||GCET 2021|
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||State Level Exam|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa|
|Course offered||Engineering, Pharmacy and Agriculture programs|
|Date of examination||1st week of May 2021 (Physics & Chemistry) & (Mathematics)|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
The GCET 2021will apply online through the website of DTE Goa.
- The application fee for all courses, General/ST/SC category will be Rs 2000.
- The registration fee for GCET 2021 will be paid online.
GCET Exam 2021 Application Process:
These questions seem very complicated that how can I apply for the exams? Is the application available in online/offline mode? Don’t be worried about these FAQs because here is the following significant information regarding these questions. In the GCET examination, the only offline application will be accepted by DTE, but you applicants have to follow the procedure to fill the form that is given below.
- Firstly, the candidates have to download the application form from the official website and take a printout.
- Secondly, applicants have to fill in the required details with their handwriting. Otherwise, the form will be rejected.
- Thirdly, the applicants have to attach the recent passport size photograph on the given slot and three more photographs affix with the form.
- In the end, applicants have to recheck the filled form according to requirements and have to submit it at notified locations on specified dates with prescribed fees.
GCET Exam Pattern:
This is an offline pen-paper-based examination that contains three sections. All sections are divided into three subjects, physics, chemistry, and mathematics, and each topic has 75 questions. The total number of questions is 225. The duration of the test is 2 hours, and no negative marking will be done. Each item is marked by 1. So, physics, chemistry, and mathematics have equally divided by marks and the number of items. Each piece has multiple choices, and the candidate has to choose the most appropriate answer from given options.
GCET 2021 Exam Dates:
Many questions come to mind that what will be the submission date of the application? What will be the examination date? If you are worried about the submission of application and test dates, this article will describe you all times related to the GCET examination. It is essential to know about the test-related dates beforehand so that applicants can prepare for the exams in the right way.
The candidates can check the following important dates of the GCET 2021 here:
- The receiving of application forms for GCET-2021 starts in the 4th week of March 2021 in the application reception center.
- The last date of applying is in the 4th week of March 2021.
- The examination date is 05-06 May 2021.
- The announcement of the result is in the 2nd week of May 2021.
- The applicants must have to submit their admission forms within the 3rd week of May 2021 to the 4th week of May 2021.
- The eligibility list of GCET, according to the relevant course, will be displayed in the 1st week of June 2021.
- Finally, the merit list of selected candidates based on courses at admission centers will be released in the 2nd week of June 2021.
GCET 2021 Exam Pattern:
- The conducting mode of GCET 2021 will be online
- The exam will conduct in English medium.
- Type of questions: MCQs type.
- Total MCQs in the exam will 225
- The Paper will divide into 03 sections: Math (75Q), Physics (75Q), and Chemistry(75Q).
- Time duration will be 06 hours (02 hours for each part)
- 01 Mark will reward for each positive answer.
- GCET 2021 will not charge any mark on negative responses.
GCET 2021 Preparation Tips:
- Apply your 100% to the preparation, and when you learn to solve a problem, learn it with perfect accuracy.
- Practice and revise regularly to give perfection to your level. Revision of things regularly will make things easy for you before the exam.
- Do not get worried about the fear of failure; maintain a positive attitude within yourself. Always remind yourself that you can manage everything in the best way.
- Sleep restfully for at least 08 hours to refresh your mind.
Eligibility Criteria of GCET 2021:
In GCET 2021, only those candidates can apply who belongs to INDIA, such as, overseas citizens of INDIA (OPI), Person of INDIAN Origin (PIO), and candidates who are currently living in INDIA. There is no age limit, mainly defined for the Pharmacy and Engineering. Candidates who have their significant subjects Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English, and physics in the 12th board or any equivalent examination can apply for this test. Candidates obtained marks must not be less than 45%.
GCET Admit Card 2021:
Admit card is the mandatory document that consists of the dates of examination and seat number. Admit the DTE will issue cards after submission of the application form. Candidates will receive their admit cards by post on their given addresses or can get their tickets from DTE canters on specified dates. Without having the admit card, candidates are not allowed to enter the examination hall.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs:
Ans. The total number of questions is 225. The duration of the test is 2 hours, and no negative marking will be done.
Ans. There is no age limit.
Ans. The DTE prescribes the application fee is RS 2000/- and if you submit your form after the due date, then you have to pay RS1500/- extra with late fees.
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th