What is HSEE-2021? How students can apply for this exam?
HSEE 2021 is an admission exam at the national level. The organizing body for this exam is the Indian Institute of Technology.
HSEE 2021 exam will be conducted for the PG level exam for admission in a master’s degree of Arts. Its full form is Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Exam.
There are different Integrated M.A courses available. Mostly the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras becomes the conducting body for HSEE. This exam usually happens every year in the second week of April.
Human and Social Sciences Entrance Exam (HSEE) Exam: As mentioned above, HSEE stands for the Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Exam. Indian Institute of Technology Madras is the body in charge of organizing this national-level entrance exam. Usually, IIT Madras conducts this entrance exam in the second week of April, every year. The entrance exam offers aspirants an opportunity to earn an entry for a master’s course in humanity and social sciences. Additionally, HSEE is strictly online-based; hence aspirants must book a seat to sit for the exam.
HSEE 2021 Exam Highlights:
|Exam Name||HSEE Exam|
|Full-Form||Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination|
|Courses Offered||Integrated M.A. program|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||IIT Madras|
HSEE 2021 News
- Applicants will have to pay a registration fee of Rs.2400 for General candidates and Rs.1200/- for SC/ST candidates.
- The applicants can pay HSEE 2021 registration fee amount online or offline.
HSEE 2021 Admission Process:
For the admission process follow these instructions:
Step 1: Register for HSEE 2021
Go to the website and search for the registration tab. After clicking on that fill the form very carefully and submit it online.
Step 2: Download HSEE Admit card
The university will upload your admit card on their official website and you can download it from there. Bring your card with you on the exam date as it is your ticket to enter the exam hall.
Step 3: Appear for the HSEE entrance exam
It is advised to reach the exam hall at least 60 minutes before the starting time. The time of the exam is already very limited so don’t waste it by coming late.
Step 4: Check HSEE exam result
You can easily check your result of HSEE from the website of the above-mentioned university. It will show your detailed result by clicking on it.
Step 5: HSEE Counseling
The successful students will get the counseling call from the university and then they will select their desired courses.
HSEE 2021 Examination Pattern:
Take the details for the examination pattern from the following section:
- The examination mode for HSEE-2021 will be partly offline and partly online.
- Normally the question paper will be in two sections.
- The two sections will be Part-1, including multiple-choice questions, and part-2 will have a section on essay writing.
- These two parts will further have four subparts.
- The time duration for part1 will be 02:30 hours, while in part2, candidates will have to write an essay in 30 minutes.
HSEE 2021 Preparation Tips:
Follow the given tips to prepare completely and to secure good marks in the exam.
- All aspirants need to follow the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Seek help from a teacher or friend if any subjects seem difficult to understand.
- Create group discussions and ask questions and explain things to each other.
- Solve as many MCQs as you can do in the given duration
- If you feel you do not know the answer to a question, then leave it as a wrong selection will give you negative marks.
- Consume all your scheduled time in study.
HSEE Application Form 2021:
The Indian Institute of Technology Madras opens the HEE application in January, every year. Applicants are free to access the application forms from the Institute’s official site. Additionally, the exam body allows aspirants to either apply for these exams online or manually. Aspirants must ensure they submit their applications in time to avoid rejection due to delay. Below are some of the essential application steps to follow:
- Filling in the application form; The first application step involves the filling of the application form. Both online, as well as manual applicants, must fill in all the blank spaces with valid details. Some of these details include the applicant’s official names, phone number, email address, among other info.
- Uploading of crucial docs and files; The second step involves uploading academic papers such as class 10 certificate as well as signature file and the photograph. The main essence of the docs is to verify that the aspirants meet the set education eligibility criteria.
- Payment of application; All applicants must pay an application fee of INR.1200 for SC/ST/PwD applicants and INR.2400 for the rest. The applicants are free to either use a debit card, credit card, net banking, or Indian Bank Challan to make the payment.
Exam Dates HSEE Exam 2021:
|Online Application and Payment of Examination Fee||11-Dec-20|
|Last date of Online Application Form Submission||23-Jan-21|
|Checking of Application Status from HSEE website – Starts||17-Feb-21|
|Checking of Application Status from HSEE website – Ends||06-Mar-21|
|HSEE Admit Card Release||18-Mar-21|
|Last date to Claim HSEE Admit Card||19-Apr-21|
|HSEE Exam Date||19-Apr-21|
|HSEE Result Declaration||15-May-21|
|Date to download offer letters for successful candidates||16-May-21|
Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Exam (HSEE) 2021 Admit Card:
IIT, Madras issues an admit card to all successful aspirants to verify that they’re registered, examinees. An aspirant must download the softcopy of the admit card online and print it. The aspirant must enter essential details such as their email address and the password to access the admit card link.
The admit card has crucial aspirant’s details like their official names, the exam centers, the entrance exam, date of birth, signature, nationality, among other info. The exam body expects all aspirants to carry this admit card when going for the test. The aspirants must know that IIT, Madras, has a final admit card download day.
HSEE 2021 Exam Centers:
Below are some of the exam centers for the aspirants. During application, an aspirant must select two exam centers that suit them best. However, the exam body also reserves the right to allocate the exam centers if need be.
- New Delhi
The Indian Institute of Technology categorizes HSEE into two major sections. These are part I and part II. Part I features English and Analytical ability evaluation. On the other hand, part II examines an aspirant’s essay writing ability.
- Reading Skills; The section involves the reading of comprehension on a question paper. As soon as the aspirants understand the comprehension, they need to answer all the comprehension questions below. The section evaluates the aspirant’s comprehension skills and ability to interpret problems.
- Grammar; This section aims at testing the aspirant’s command of English. For an aspirant to pass well, they must frame their sentences properly by using the right tenses.
- Vocabulary; This English section evaluates the aspirant’s vocabulary skills. The aspirant needs to be able to tell the correct meaning as well as the structure.
Analytical and Quantitative Ability:
- Indian economy; the section examines the examinee’s ability to analyze different Indian economic issues.
- Global issues; The section involves global affairs such as history as well as current trends. Some of these issues include hunger, poverty, trade, technological development, among other topics.
- Highest Common factor
- Basic statistics
HSEE Exam Pattern:
IIT Madras divides HSEE into two major sections. These are part I and part II. Part I is further divided into four sub-sections. Section I features several multiple-choice questions. On the other part, section II comprises essay-writing, hence has a total duration of 30 minutes.
Section I has a total duration of 2 and a half hours. Usually, IIT Madras sets the question papers in the English language.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Both online on the IIT website, as well as manually on campus, the aspirant must fill in all the blank spaces with valid details.
All applicants must pay an application fee of INR.1200 for SC/ST/PwD applicants and INR.2400 for the rest.
IIT Madras conducts this entrance exam in the second week of April, every year.
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th