What is PU CET PG 2021? How Students can apply for this exam?
PU CET PG 2021 is an entrance exam for Post Graduate Studies. Punjab University is the official body for conducting this entrance test.
There are many PG courses provided after passing the PU CET PG exam. The courses are in Engineering, Arts & Humanities, Management, Health Science, law and others. The PU CET PG 2021 is a state-level test.
PU CET PG Exam 2021: The Punjab University conducts a Common Entrance Test as a qualifier to various Postgraduate Courses. It is a state-level entrance test granting qualified aspirants a chance to secure entry to a plethora of Postgraduate courses in the streams of Management, Engineering, Law, Arts & Humanities, Health & Sciences, and many more.
PU CET PG 2021 Exam Highlights:
|Exam Name||PU CET|
|Full-Form||Panjab University Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Level||state level|
|Courses Offered||PG Courses|
|Conducting Body||Panjab University|
If you wish to pursue your Post Graduation and plan to attempt this exam, you will get all the information here needed to go about it.
About PU CET PG:
It is an annual state-level qualifier exam that would grant you access to entry in colleges across the State of Punjab, which offer Post Graduate level courses to study.
- The exam is open for aspirants pan India provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down by the exam conducting body.
- The exam is conducted generally in the 2nd or 3rd week of July.
- The candidates will pay the PU CET PG 2021 application fee online.
- The fee will be INR 2100 for the General category and Rs.1050 for ST/SC/PwD category aspirants.
- There will be an additional application fee amount of INR 300 if candidates wish to adopt one other course.
PU CET PG Application Form:
- Registration for this exam commences by the 3rd week of April, lasting up to the 3rd week of May. So you have a good one month to finish your registration process.
- Forms for application are released online on the official website. You must attach all the necessary documents with your form to ensure a successful registration.
- The exam fee must also get paid online, which is structured as follows:
- 2100/- for General Category students.
- 1050/- for SC/ST/PwD Category students.
- 300/- additional fee for each other course opted for.
- You have successfully registered for the exam; you will be issued your Admit Card, which you must carry to the exam.
PU CET PG 2021 Exam Eligibility Criteria:
- General eligibility criteria for the aspirants to be able to attempt this exam are:
- Must be an Indian citizen
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree from the Punjab University or any University recognized by the Govt. Of India.
- Must have secured at least 50% in the Bachelor’s degree of any discipline.
However, you must check the individual eligibility for each course as every course like Management, Law, Engineering, etc. have its separate criteria laid down. For whichever course you choose to opt for, you must ensure that you fulfill each of the criteria mentioned on the official website.
PU CET PG 2021 Preparation Tips:
- Study regularly based on the syllabus.
- Prepare a study plan for your exam.
- Take mock tests and solve the past exam papers.
- Stay healthy and hydrated.
PU CET PG 2021 Exam Important Dates:
|Availability of Application Form||3rd week of April 2021 |
|Last date to submit the Application form through Bank Challan||3rd week of May 2021|
|Last date for deposit fee in any branch using a website generated challan||3rd week of May 2021|
|Last date to upload the photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website||Last week of May 2021|
|Correction of the uploaded photograph, signature, and other information||Last week of May 2021|
|Issuance of Admit Card||1st week of June 2021 |
|PU CET PG 2021 Exam Date||13th – 14th June 2021|
|The release of Answer Key||3rd week of June 2021|
|Last date to submit the objections for the Answer Key||3rd week of June 2021|
|Uploading of the response to the Objections and inviting Cross-objections||Last week of June 2021|
|Last day of submission of Cross-objections to the Answer key||Last week of June 2021|
|Result Declaration||Last week of June 2021|
|The date for the availability of online Admission Form for the courses offered by University Departments/Centres||1st week of June 2021|
PU CET PG 2021 Exam Pattern:
The eligibility criteria, each stream of the courses also have a separate exam pattern. Therefore to give you an idea of what pattern to expect in your opted courses, here is an overview:
Exam Pattern for LLM:
- In the One & Two year course, you will be asked Multiple-Choice questions for maximum marks of 100 to be attempted in 90 minutes.
- The sections in the exam get divided into such Law, Administrative Law, Service Law, Environmental Law, and Human Rights for a total of 50 marks.
- Penal Code (IPC), Cr. PC and Law of Evidence for 15 marks
- Law, Law of Contract, Law of Torts, Public International Law, Labour Laws, and Company Law for 25 marks.
Exam Pattern For MCA:
- It will be 75 Multiple-Choice questions to be attempted in 90 marks.
- 12th level – 45 questions.
- Science 15 questions.
- Ten questions of aptitude.
- M. A. Journalism and Mass Communication.
- It will be Multiple-Choice questions for a total of 65 marks (written) and ten marks (GD and PI).
- The exam should get attempted in 90 minutes with the division of sections being.
- Article Writing on current events, Précis Writing, Feature writing on personalities, reviews, English Comprehension, and Interpretative passage.
You may check the pattern for other streams of your choice on the official website.
PU CET PG Exam Result 2021:
Results of the exam declared on the official website by the last week of July that is within a month of the exam. You can check your result by entering your credentials from the Admit Card. The merit list prepared will have names of aspirants who clear the exam, after which they will be called in for counseling.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Ans: You will get your course syllabus and sample question papers on the official website itself
Ans: No, you don’t need to.
Ans: Once you have submitted the form and paid your fees, you cannot make any changes.
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|University Admission 2021-22||College Admission Fee 2021-22|
|Exams||Universities in India|
|University Fee||ITI Admission|
Apply For Online Admission
Apply For Online Admission( Online Seat Booking) Online Degree Entrance Examination Distance education IGNOU Admission NIOS Admission SOL Admission Phd./ M.phill / LLB College Admission Courses After 10th Engineering Course Study in UK  Study in Canada 
Apply Course After 12th